8.

Once You're Gone

 

“Who do you think you are with that threatening tone in your voice?!”

 

Just answer the question.

 

You looked at him with pleading eyes, knowing he’d give in to you any second from now. Being clueless, you didn’t realise his arm rising as he flicked your forehead, chuckling at your reaction.

 

Yah. What was that for? Are you trying to distract me? Because I’m not leaving unless you answer me. Now.” you demanded and this time Dongwoo looked frightened of you.

 

“Okay, fine. I like you. And it’s been like this for awhile. It’s been hard for me to tell you, because I want to know how you feel. And you’ve been looking off lately.”

 

His words sounded so sincere, the expression on his face was sincere and you believed him. You were blushing but you didn’t bother to hide it.

 

Dongwoo I-

 

“Save it. I know how you’re going to react. You’re going to tell me you still lov-“

 

No.

 

He looked at you with a blank expression, quickly turning into a questioning face.

 

“What do you mean no?”

 

I mean no I don’t love him. Well I don’t want to love him.

 

He softly grabbed your hands and looked into your eyes. “If you give me a chance, I’ll make you forget him.”

 

You gently smiled. “I guess it’s worth a shot.

 

He smiled and lifted up your chin, looking straight into your eyes. You quickly looked down, knowing that you would blush like crazy.

 

He suddenly pulled you, making you stumble into his arms. You felt him smile wider against your head. “Thank you.”

 

---
 

You were filled with excitement. You finally got a new job and everything was working out perfectly for you. Your life was back on track all thanks to Dongwoo. You haven’t exactly told Hyorin about his confession, you wanted to find the right time to let her know and you knew she was going to tease the hell out of you.

 

You had to admit, you wanted to be in a relationship with him but your past relationship was stopping you from going any further. You were still afraid of getting hurt, getting cheated on.

 

Skipping happily towards the door of Hyorin’s apartment, you stopped midway hearing a conversation at the other side of the door. You curiously leaned against the door, eavesdropping on the conversation.

 

“When are you going to say it?

 

“Soon. Maybe the next time I see her.”

 

“So you’ll tell her everything?”

 

“I’ll break it down to her in the easiest way I can.”

 

“Do you think it’s the right time?”

 

“She’s a lot happier now, I don’t want to see her hurt again.”

 

You pulled away from the door, refusing to listen anymore to their conversation. So that’s how it was, you thought. Hyorin only wanted Dongwoo around to be with you then leave. He wasn’t going to stay by your side, you were nothing to him.

 

“Whatcha doing?” a sudden voice spoke behind you causing you to jump.

 

Yah, you’re in so much trouble.” you glared at him, grabbing Myungsoo’s tie pulling him down to your height as he whined.

 

“Wae? Wae?” he cried as you gave him the most piercing stare.

 

You and Hyorin only brought in Dongwoo to get me out of my room and then leave?! What were you two thinking?

 

“What are you taking about? ____ -ah, you’re starting to feel something for him aren’t you?” Myungsoo asked with an eyebrow raised.

 

It became much harder for you to keep a straight face when you were supposed to be angry at that moment. The thought of him brought a smile to your face.

 

“Why you smiling for? Look how red your face is!” he pointed out causing you to pull onto his necktie tighter making him choke.

 

No.. It’s not like that.” you defended.

 

The door suddenly swung open infront of you causing to loosen your grip and move back to your original position. You were greeted by Hyorin and Dongwoo with confused expressions.

 

”____, what were you doing to Myungsoo?” she spoke.

 

Nothing. There was something on his face.” You lied as you walked into her apartment avoiding eye contact with Dongwoo.

 

You got to your bedroom as you slammed the door behind you sinking down as you held onto your chest, feeling nothing but pain. His presence, his words, mostly his smile made your stomach flip like no tomorrow. You didn’t exactly know why, you didn’t know what you felt towards him. But you now knew that everything hes done for you, everything hes said to you was a lie. 

 

You wanted this nightmare to be over. Although everything seemed perfect right now, it wasn’t complete without him. Kim Sunggyu. Why did he have such a great impact on you? Why couldn’t you move on, knowing that he wasn’t worth it?

 

There was a light knock on your door but you chose to ignore it. You knew it was Dongwoo but you felt so devastated that he wasn’t really what you thought he was.

 

---
 

The brightness of the morning blinded you as you got up from bed still in a bad mood, getting ready for you second day at work. You got a job as an assistant, but you haven’t met your boss yet. But you took the job anyway, knowing the pay was high. Once you got to the office, you were greeted by a familiar face. She smiled shyly at you, avoiding eye contact hoping you wouldn’t recognise her.

 

So, what exactly am I doing today?

 

“Well, the boss is in. He wants to meet with you immediately.”

 

And you are?

 

“H-his assistant.”

 

You took a quick glance at her name tag and your eyes widened at the sight.

 

‘Yang Minhee’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hello, bye :)
comment? subscribe? 

- marianneregina & tmorales