6.

Once You're Gone

 

“Aish! Why am I so stupid?!” you scolded yourself.

 

“Wae?! What did you do this time?!” Dongwoo frantically came running up to you. He looked at you for a moment, figuring out what you were talking about.

 

“Don’t you have a spare key?”

 

U-um yeah it’s at a friends. Can you take me there to get it?

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

You started to be come nervous, palms slightly sweating. Your heart was pounding loudly against your chest. You wanted to tell Dongwoo where exactly he was taking you, but fear over took.

 

“Were here. Do you want me to come w-“

 

NO! I mean um I can do it on my own.” You interrupted before quickly getting out of the car, running to the front door.

 

, how am I going to get in?” You muttered to yourself before finally remembering there was always a spare key under the door mat.

 

And indeed there was. You picked up the key and slowly opened the front door, hoping nobody was home. You took a look around your past house. It looked exactly the same from when you were last there, nothing moved, everything untouched. Emotions started to rush through you, what was meant to be happiness but all you could remember was the bad memories.

 

The house was dead silent but you couldn’t take any chances. You hesitantly walked up the staircase feeling unsteady causing you to hold on to the railings. After regaining your balance, you reached the first bedroom door to the left which was slightly opened. You quickly ran in, searching for the wardrobe and your keys in the first drawer.

 

You finally found your keys, sighing in relief. You spun around to face the exit but suddenly bumped into something. You took a step back, balancing yourself from the contact. You suddenly froze when you looked at what you had bumped into.

 

Kim Sunggyu.

 

You were both staring at each other, both not knowing what to do. You snapped out of your thoughts, fighting with your body to remember where you were, who was standing in front of you.

 

He cleared his throat. “Er you’re back. What brings you here?” He said monotonously. With just that one sentence, it pierced right through your heart.

 

Just getting my keys. I’m going now.” I said as I slightly moved only to be pushed back against a wall.

 

“No. You can’t leave.. And I sure bet you you can’t live without out me? You miss me. Am I right?”

 

That’s not true.”

 

“Don’t lie ____ -ah. You miss this.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

You looked at him in the eyes and saw hurt within them. Why was he hurt? Shouldn’t he be laughing at you, mimicking you? You became really confused, he was the one who hurt you and left you. His eyes then shifted to your lips and at that second you panicked. He began to lean in closely as you struggled to break free, giving him the chance only to hold onto you tighter.

 

As much as you wanted to respond, something in your mind told you this wasn’t the right thing to do, but you were under his control and you couldn’t get out of it. You tightly shut your eyes, waiting for his lips to touch yours but you felt his grip loosen. Your eyes flew open to see him on the floor holding his face, wincing in pain.

 

You ran up to Sunggyu as he was the first thing you saw but you looked up to see who had hit him. Dongwoo. You ran up to him and hugged him tightly. You started to feel tears forming in your eyes as Dongwoo hugged you back, telling you it was okay.

 

He then held your hand and the both of you soon ran off. You heard Sunggyu calling your name desperately. You wanted to look back, but your mind was telling you otherwise. You looked up at Dongwoo. His emotionless face said it all. He was angry yet worried about you. You felt a pang in your heart, knowing that he was hurt because of you, because you didn’t tell him the truth.

 

Dongwoo kept running, keeping a tight grip on your hand that it started to hurt you. But you didn’t care, you deserved it. He suddenly came to a stop, released your hand and turned around to look at you.

 

“Are you just going to keep hiding things from me?!”

 

You looked down, knowing that you couldn’t face him yet.

 

“Listen to me ____ , if your just going to keep hiding things from me, I don’t know how this is going to work.”

 

He reached out towards your face and lifted your chin so that you were now facing him. You slapped his hand away. You were filled with so many emotions, causing you to snap.

 

“Look Dongwoo, I’m not ready to tell you yet. I would’ve told you ages ago if I was. And what? What’s going to work? We were never together. I don’t even get why this is so important to you! Why do you ha-

 

“Pabo! It’s because I like you!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Comment? Subscribe? How was it ? hehehe :)

- @marianneregina & @tmorales