10.

Once You're Gone

 

Another day, yet another awful morning. You rolled on to your back, staring blankly at the ceiling, dreading to get up.

 

For the past few days, everything seemed to be going downhill. What did you do to have all these things come at you? Why couldn’t you be happy for once?

 

You sighed and after finally getting up, you noticed a small white piece of paper on your bedside table. You looked at it with curiosity, slowly reaching out for it.

 

____-ah Are you okay? I don’t know what’s bothering you but I hope that whatever it is, you cheer up. It’s not nice to see your face all -_-. I’ll see you at your lunch break. - Dongwoo

 

You softly chuckled at his letter and put it on your desk. As you were getting ready, you thought about Dongwoo. Is this his real personality? Did he really care about you, let alone like you? You wondered if he really was the kind of person you thought to be.

 

After dragging yourself around the room for the past 10 minutes, you opened your bedroom door to see Hyorin walking past, smiling as usual while you were just standing at your bedroom door, sulking. You wondered why she was always so happy. It kind of made you jealous, you wished you could be as happy as her.

 

As you were about to walk out, you tripped over a little, hitting your head against the wall. “ing..

 

“Language! And have fun at work!”

 

You half heartily smiled at her, yelled a quick bye and got to your car, speeding off to work. Once you arrived at work, you whined since there was no parking but a space next to Sunggyu’s.

 

You groaned. “Can this day get any worse?” You cursed a few words to yourself as you got out of your car until you came up with an excellent idea. Ruin his precious car.

 

As you were walking towards the entrance, your heard an announcement. “Miss ____ Park, please come to my office immediately.”

 

Again you groaned from his announcement, still having the urge to kick his car.

 

“Do I hear complaining?” He said over the speaker.

 

You looked around to see where he hell he was. You looked up to see him looking down at you from his office, smirking. You wanted to give him the finger so bad, but instead smiled sarcastically at him and this time walked slowly to the entrance.

 

“Yah! Faster!” He said over the speaker again.

 

---

 

What do you want?!” you said, barging into his office.

 

“Tsk this girl. I’m surprised… I thought you weren’t coming back…”

 

“I have no other choice, do I?” you answered bluntly.

 

He chuckled. “Good girl. Okay so today, I need you to come with me to Kayasan National Park.”

 

“And why would I go with you?”

 

“You’re my assistant, you have to.” he argued.

 

“Bring your old assistant, you don’t need me!”

 

You felt as if you choked on your own words. It was true. He didn’t need you and you clearly didn’t need him. But when those words came out of your mouth, it hurt you. A lot. As much as you didn’t want it to hurt, you couldn’t help it.

 

“Just trust me, okay? You need to come.” He said sternly.

 

“Why should I trust you? I clearly can’t trust you after.. what you did.”

 

“Why can’t you just listen to what I say, because I’m not taking no for an answer. And stop screaming at me!” he yelled, causing you to flinch beginning to get scared at his tone.

 

“No! I don-” You got cut of when he grabbed your wrist tightly and dragged your straight out of the office. You continuously protested but nothing seemed to be going through his head. You were soon at his car, pushing you into the passenger seat and slamming the door. Again you flinched, thinking that he might be kidnapping you.

 

He drove off out of the building and watched as his hand was placed over the hand brake, fist opened which looked so empty. You wanted to hold his hand so badly but you fought against it, it wasn’t the right thing to do.

 

Finally reaching the park you contemplated why you were here. Was this even work related? You still didn’t understand what he was trying to do. But it soon became clear after you spotted a large picnic rug set out on the grass not too far away.

You walked behind him, avoiding conversation. You eventually came to a stop as he waited for you, feeling self conscious under his stares towards you.

 

“W-hats this for?”

 

“Nothing. Can’t I take you out?”

 

“No, you can’t. Stop with the bull Sunggyu. What’s this for?!” you said, raising your voice.

 

You groaned as he didn’t reply. You didn’t have the patience anymore, and you swore to yourself you wouldn’t be a soft hearted weakling to those who hurt you. You started to walk off to his car but he stopped you.

 

”Look ____-, I’m sorry.”

 

You didn’t answer him. You two just stared at each other, and you examined the hurt expression that was written all over his face.

 

“How can you- Ugh!” You didn’t know what to say so you stormed off instead walking by the river clearing your head.

 

The whole place was so familiar to you. It felt like you’ve been here before and then it struck you. This was the place where you and Sunggyu first met. Flashbacks started to flow through your mind and what seemed like to be a habit of yours lately. You looked around, tears forming quickly.

 

You heard Sunggyu’s footsteps come closer to you but you ignored it as your tears escaped your eyes. You realised that you weren’t mad, but hurt.

 

”____-ah.” he called out softly behind you. You ignored him again, wiping your tears that wouldn’t seem to stop.

 

”____-ah” he called out again, this time turning you around, placing his hands on your face lifting your head to face him. You stiffened under his touch and didn’t know how to react.

 

You reached up and pulled his hands off your face, walking off in the direction of the car park. As you were walking at a fast pace, you weren’t aware of your where you were walking. You just wanted to get out of here. But before you knew it, you had fallen into the pond, soaking wet and saw a laughing Sunggyu from a distance.

 

“Yah! You think this is funny?!”

 

“Clearly! Look at you!” he replied laughing in between each word.

 

“At least have the freaking decency to help me!”

 

He walked over to you still laughing, reaching his hand out towards you but before he even had time to think, you smirked and pulled him into the water with you. He shot you a death glare and in a quick second you splashed water in his direction only to splashed back. You slightly smiled which soon became laughter, forgetting all your worries in an instant.

 

You both eventually got out of the pond still smiling at what had just happened. Sunggyu noticed this and pulled you by the waist, holding you right in front of him.

 

“What are you..” you lightly pushed him, but only held onto you tighter.

 

“What’s with you today? All you’ve been is a pain in the but.. you’re different today.”

 

“I think it’s just time for a fresh start?” he spoke, looking into your eyes with those loving eyes that you really missed.

 

“Sunggyu…I-“

 

“So, is this what you’ve been doing all day?” You quickly turned your head, knowing that voice.

 

“Dongwoo..”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Hi beautiful subscribers :) its been a week and since ive been a tad lazy with school, we've decided to update hehe hope you enjoyed the chapter!!! 

comment/subscribe!

- marianneregina & @tmorales

tumblr_m385pf0KjR1r28r3ro2_250.gif

<3