14.

Once You're Gone

 

You stood there, shocked. You hesitated to what you were going to reply with, guilt building up with each word.

“Well I guess I’m sorry to say that I can’t see you anything more than a friend. As much as I want to I just can’t do it!”

*a few days later*

 

(Sunggyus POV)

I woke up to the sound of sudden and constant knocking on the door.

To my surprise as I opened the door, emotions rushed through me. Mainly guilt.

 

“O-oh Annyeong Omoni! What brings you here?” I spoke nervously, scratching the back of my head.

“Aigoo, still as sweet as always!” she praised pinching my cheeks.

“Is my daughter home?”

Crap. “Oh um, not right now. She’s at Hyorin’s.”

 

---

 

(Your POV)

“Ouch! That really hurt!” You scolded Dongwoo for flicking you’re forehead so hard.

 

You were playing the number game with Dongwoo, and he flicked you hard as a punishment for losing. He constantly laughed at your sulking face as you attempted to get him back but he held your wrists before you even had the chance.

Although both of you knew the truth, you couldn’t stand losing him as a friend. Being awkward with him was something you didn’t want between the two of you, even though you did know how he truly felt.

 

He chuckled. “I’ll make it feel better.” You were caught off guard, as Dongwoo started leaning closely to your forehead.

 

Before you even had the chance to feel his lips against your skin, a knock on the door interrupted you both.

You awkwardly cleared your throat. “I’ll get it.” You quickly scrambled up on your feet, power walking over to the door.

You flung the door open, surprised to see who was there. “Umma?”

“What? Surprised to see your mother? How could you not speak to me for-” You saw her head tilt a bit, looking over your shoulder. “Who might that be?”

She changed her tone and subject once she noticed Dongwoo standing behind you, holding you by the waist.

You quickly took his hands off your waist, not wanting your mother to get the wrong idea. “Come in first.” You gestured as she walked in sitting on the couch across you and Dongwoo.

 

“Umma I-”

“I know where I’ve seen you before, you’re that boy who bought those flowers for that girl a few weeks ago.” She interrupted as your eyes widened. Wait what the hell, is she here for me or Dongwoo?

Dongwoo chucked. “Yeah I am.”

 

“Aww! Did things end up working with that girl of yours?”

“Sure did.” he answered smiling, taking your hand in his looking right into your eyes and then gazing his attention back to your now confused Mother.

“Aigoo so handsome!” she exclaimed pinching his cheeks.

“Omma.. Can I talk to you for a bit? I have to tell you someth-”

“I’m going to be a grandmother already?!” she suggested cheerfully.

“What?! No! I just need to talk to you!”

Your eyebrows scrunched together as you saw Dongwoo looking at you filled with curiosity.

“Alone.”

He frowned a bit and reluctantly walked off.

“What was it you had to tell me?”

“Er, Sunggyu and I.. We’re not together anymore.”

Her eyes softened, knowing that you truly loved Sunggyu and could tell that you still did. But she didn’t say anything.

“So what’s the go with that boy? Should I be expecting those grandchildren?” She said, a smile quickly forming on her face.

“Argh Umma! Dongwoo and I are just friends.”

You were clearly blushing by now, embarrassed by what your mother was thinking.

“Whatever you say~” She said in a sing-song voice.

You looked up to meet her gaze.

“What?”

“Hm, I’ll leave you two alone then.. I want my grandchildren!”

“Umma I swear!” You whined pushing her out the door as you heard a chuckle from a far. Damn boy. He was listening.

You both stepped out the door, causing you to start the conversation.

“Why are you being like this?”

She sighed. “Look, he’s perfect for you and I like him. He’s a keeper ____ -ah, the way he looks at you tells me that he’s in love.”

“But I..”

“But you what? I know it’s not my life, but I’m just telling you what I think is right.”

You sighed. “And, I still want grand children.” she added gazing as if she was daydreaming.

With those last words she walked off, leaving you dumbfounded in front of the door, still trying to understand what she said.

Walking back into the apartment, you discovered Dongwoo spread along the couch, peacefully sound asleep.

You took this opportunity to sneak up on him, jumping onto his lap seeing if he’d wake up. There was no response which surprised you, knowing how the smallest movement would wake you up instantly.

 

“Yah! Stop pretending to sleep. What was that all about?!” you exclaimed poking him.

“Mmm?” He then yawned.

“Holding my hand and making my mother think otherwise!”

“Not like it mattered, in the end you will always be the one I care about.”

 

You sighed and stood up. “I thought we already went over this. I don’t feel the same way Dongwoo.. I’m in love with one person and it’s always been that way.”

He shut his eyes tightly, taking in what he just heard. Your heart was beating faster than usual, feeling the adrenaline of getting everything you had to say off your chest.

“Are you really going to love someone who cheated on you? He may still love you but is it really worth it ____-ah? Why don’t you think about that?” And with that he walked off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N HI HI HI HI :) sorry for the late update, been studying for my japanese exam and the other author is busy hehe but i hope you've enjoyed this chapter :) 

- marianneregina & tmorales

tumblr_m5fln6Yycg1qdypnyo1_500.gif