25.

Once You're Gone

 

You stood there frozen. Him. It was him. Everything you wanted to say wouldn't come out, much to your frustration. Letting your emotions overtake you, you jumped into his arms hugging him tightly crying on his shoulder.Why wouldn't you cry? He left you without a word. Everything was left unexplained. Your first love.

You heard in softly chuckle, slowly putting you down.

"So what brings you here?" 

He grinned. "To see you"

"Oh thats nic- Wait what?!"

He chuckled. "I'm being serious."

You pointed at him. "Stalker!" you exclaimed. 

His eyes widened. "SHHH! N-No! You got it all wrong! I just wanted to talk to you." 

He sighed. "I miss you, and I mean it. I hate myself for feeling this way. You're happy now, right? And yet I'm here telling you I miss you. How pathetic of myself, huh?" He chuckled bitterly.
"Do you know how horrible I felt when I found out Minhee wasn't pregnant? I was so stupid to even believe her." 

You couldn't look at him, the memories flowing through your head.

"I hate myself. I blame myself. For losing you twice, _____."

"I blame you too."

He softly chuckled. "Of course, and there's nothing wrong with that. But _____, how are you? Honestly."

"I'm happy. Really. Moving on from you was hard, yes, but there was always someone there for me when a certain someone hurt me."

"Yah.. I already feel bad enough."

You grinned. "A little something called payback."

"Are you really happy? You'll be fine.. without me?"

"Yeah, Sunggyu. I am."

"So, there's no second chance?"

You laughed and lightly smacked his arm. "Look, there's someone out there for you. Someone that will make you happier than I did. Just make sure you don't do anything bad, or I kill you!"

"You haven't changed ____-ah. Dongwoo sure is lucky to have you."

He coughed to break the obvious awkwardness. "Let's go for a walk around the beach!"

For the next two hours, you and Sunggyu walked around the beach, just as friends. The feeling was great. You felt as if he was your best friend again. Maybe this is how it was meant to be.

You both mucked around pushing him around into the water, laughing, telling stories and spending time together just like old times. 

"Come on, it's getting cold. Let's get you back to your hotel."

Wait. What the heck? How did he know you were here?

"Okay hold up Sunggyu. You are seriously creeping me out. How did you know I was here, with Dongwoo? So you really are a stalker!"

He ignored you and pulled you along with him until you reached the hotel. 

"Kim Sunggyu!"

"Look, just trust me, okay?"

"Fine..."

You turned to the closest ball room and found another sticky note placed on the door. It had a poorly drawn heart on it. *Huh? What's this?*

You angrily opened the door and you were greeted by the surprise of your life. Heart shaped balloons all around the rooms with colorful streamers accompanying it. A group of people were standing around and you knew straight away that they were your family, Hyorin and Myungsoo. Talk about confusing.

"SURPRISE!" they all cheered. 

"I-I Sunggyu. What's this?!"

"Pft, not me. Look straight ahead."

Dongwoo.

You walked up to him, tears b your eyes. 

"Crying already, Jagiya?" he joked.

"You crazy bastard! What's all of this?"

"Happy Anniversary Baby, I love you and always will." 

You smiled from ear to ear. "I love you too, Dongwoo."

He smiled. "After all this time, hearing those words from your mouth still make me smile." 

You cringed at his words, but your heart still fluttered. "You're so cheesy, but thank you."

"Don't just thank me, you can thank Sunggyu. He helped organize most of this, he wanted the best for you."

"Then why did he try to get me back?!" you snapped slapping his chest.

"I let him. Sometimes the past is hard to overcome."

"Thank you." you hugged him tightly.

"_____-ah. C-can-n't b-reathe!"

You turned around and ran towards Sunggyu, hugging him tightly thanking him for such wonderful work and being a part of your life.He had to let you go. You were happy now. It would be easier for the both of you. You weren't supposed to stay in his heart, you were gone.

Walking back towards Dongwoo, you linked arms with him causing everyone in the room to turn silent. 

"Hm? Why is everyone so quiet?"

Dongwoo looked into your eyes, and next thing you knew he was getting down on one knee. 

"Holy ing ."

"Language _____!" You heard Hyorin yell. 

"____-ah. I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my happiness."

He slowly took out a black box from his blazer pocket and opened it to reveal a diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?"

"I swear you better say yes! I didn't get you two together for nothing!" you heard Hyorin, yet again.

"Hyorin you are wrecking this!" Dongwoo yelled but laughed at her.

You laughed through your tears and looked at Dongwoo. "Of course I will!"

He hugged you tightly while you cried in happiness. I love you, Jang Dongwoo. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Okay first of all yes this is the final chapter, we actually had another ending in mind but due to a lot of comments we changed what we originally had planned. For the past 6 months we gained and lost subscribers & ended up with 97 beautiful people. Thank you so much for reading this story && especially the ones who commented. We love you <33 From here on, I don't know if we'll write another story.. but yeah hopefully in the future!!!

- marianneregina & tmorales