3.

Once You're Gone

Does it really matter?” You replied coldly, focusing your gaze on something else other than him. And it wasn’t really working out.

 

He gave a smirk. “So you haven’t moved on?”

 

That’s really none of your business.”

 

“I was just asking a question.”

 

You looked up and glared at him. “It doesn’t matter to you anyway, right? Just go back to Minhee.

 

You and Sunggyu looked at each other. There was something in his eyes that you couldn’t seem to understand. It was like he was somewhat.. Hurt. You then thought, but why would he be hurt? He was the one that cheated on me. That left me.

 

“Y-yeah you’re right, I guess I’ll be going now..”

 

And with those last words he hesitantly turned around, slowly walking off in another direction.

 

But why..” You heard his pace slow down. “Why did you choose her over me?” You spoke softly but it was loud enough for him to hear.

 

He immediately stopped in his tracks and turned back around to walking back towards you .

 

“Haven’t you heard the saying, ‘You can never forget your first love?’” he spoke.

 

His words pierced right though your heart. Up until this day, you never knew he had a former girlfriend. You never knew that you were his second choice. You felt as if he used you when you loved him dearly. You were mad at yourself. Mad at yourself that you believed all his lies. You looked down, not able to look at him any longer. He disgusted you, yet you knew that you still loved him.

 

Tears were slowly forming at the brim of your eyes. You tried your best to hold it in. Crying would show that you were weak, that you didn’t move on.

 

“Well?” You could feel his stare burning into you. 

 

You were my first love, do you think i could forget that?.. just like how you see Minhee

 

”____ -ah I-”

 

Just leave.” You said with an icy stare as you gestured him to go away. Gesturing for him to go away for good. You didn’t want to see his face anymore, he caused too much pain.

 

”____ -ah , I didn’t know..”

 

Just leave.” you repeated and looked away, knowing you’d break down in tears any second.

 

He heavily sighed as you just listened to the faint sounds of his footsteps walking in another direction. Seconds later, Dongwoo came back with a tray of drinks, placing them down on the table. You stayed quiet, unable to speak. You focused your eyes to the ground, slowly taking in what just happened.

 

“Are you okay?” he spoke.

 

Your head quickly shot up to flash a fake smile to his direction. You heard him get up from his chair and drag it to place it in front of you and sat down. He lifted a hand and brought it closely to your face, caressing your cheek before finally speaking again.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked curiously.

 

You couldn’t look at him in the eyes. It struck your heart, the way he looked at you, this restaurant, this setting, the way he spoke. It was an exact reminder of how you and Sunggyu were like when you were still together.

 

‘I should be in the right mind to get over him and move on, but everything seems to remind me of him.’ was all that was filling your mind right now.

 

You looked straight into Dongwoo’s eyes, observing his expression before the image of Sunggyu came up again causing you to burst out into tears crying. He quickly pulled you into his arms for a hug, gripping tightly as you cried even more wanting to get this pain out of your system.

 

Sunggyu..” you cried out, but Dongwoo ignored it, patting you back repetitively trying to calm me down.

 

“Come on, don’t cry here.. Let’s go.” he said as he got up wiping your remaining tears in the process.

 

He gotup from his seat, reached out his hand towards you patiently waiting for you to accept his invitation and come with him. You sat there hesitating and debating whether to take it or not, but he soon became impatient and took your hand and intertwined it with his, dragging you along with him back outside.

 

You blushed at the sudden contact but couldn’t help but smile at the effort he was putting just to cheer you up.

 

In what seemed like a few seconds, you both finally reached a park. You suddenly went from sad to excited and jumped around by the sight of the swings. You looked at Dongwoo with big eyes and gave him a big smile. He smiled at your childishness reaction, proud of himself that he made you smile again. You led him towards the swings as you both sat down, enjoying the peace and quiet atmosphere of the area.

 

A cold breeze came by and you started to shiver, mentally slapping yourself for forgetting to bring a jacket. Dongwoo noticed this and walked off telling you to stay there. You swung back and forth on the swing until you were greeted by his presence on the swing next to you.

 

That was qui— YAH! ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?!” you exclaimed.

 

“No, I just wanted to know who he was?”

 

You hesitated. “My b-boyfriend… leave me alone and stop following me.

 

Sunggyu didn’t quite believe your explanation but shrugged it off. “Whatever you say. And I’m not following you, I’m waiting for Minhee.”

 

I suddenly became alert, tears yet again forming in my eyes. “You’re still with her?

 

“Do you know him?” A familiar voice spoke. You sighed in relief realizing it was only Dongwoo.

 

No, I’ve never seen him in my life.” You said bluntly.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N How did y'all like the chapter? This is the last update for maybe a week cause we've got camp and exams so yeah, don't shoot us hehe so anyway please subscribe and comment! <3

- @marianneregina & @tmorales