2.

Once You're Gone

It took a few hours for you to stop crying. Your tears became dry, no more tears were coming out. You just looked worn out, sitting lifelessly in your car. There was a heavy feeling in your chest but you refused to let yourself cry anymore, knowing how stupid you probably look right now.

 

You breathed in and out a couple of times before you reached into your pocket for your phone to ring your best friend Hyorin.

 

“Yobsaeyo?” she answered with her usual cheery voice.

 

Hyorin-ah.. Would it be alright to live with you for a bit? It won’t be long..” You asked, sniffing a little.

 

“Yah, what happened? Come here as soon as possible!” she responded worriedly.

 

You didn’t respond. You were too hurt to explain what had just happened.

 

She soon hung up but you kept the phone to your ear staring out into the distance in front of you, feeling lifeless, feeling that you no longer had a purpose in life. You snapped out of depressive thoughts and started the engine and quickly drove off to Hyorin’s apartment, feeling grateful that she was taking you in on such short notice.

 

You dragged yourself out of the car and slowly made your way to her apartment. You soon realised that you were at her door and became hesitant to knock, mainly feeling as if you were going to be bombarded with questions to answer straight away and you weren’t really in the mood to answer.

 

You lightly knocked on the door and it opened slowly revealing Hyorin with Myungsoo holding her waist, by her side.

 

Hyorin had a worried look on her face as she opened her arms wide pulling you in, hugging you tightly making you feel a sense of comfort.

 

Again, the tears came back and began to fall. You couldn’t hold in the tears any longer. You couldn’t hide what you were feeling. Your heart felt painful and your eyes were redder and puffier than before. Myungsoo looked at you with sorry eyes, patted your head and went off to make you some tea.

 

H-he..h-he cheated on me..” You blurted as tears continued to flow down your cheeks and onto Hyorin’s shirt making it damp.

 

“Bwo?! Does he even know what today is?!” she blurted angrily.

 

You felt surprised that she even knew what today was. You never payed attention to her and Myungsoo’s relationship. They’ve been together for such a long time and yet she still keeps track on your life.

She finally loosened her grip on you once you started settling down and pulled away, leaving her hands on your shoulders before finally speaking. “Sleep it off, and stay as long as you like.” She gave you a warm smile which somewhat lightened up your mood.

 

You walked towards the guest room, wiping the remaining tears away. You slowly unpacked your things, one by one still sobbing quietly trying hard to forget everything.

 

---

 

*3 MONTHS LATER*

“Yah, when I said you could live here for as long as you like, I didn’t mean this long! You haven’t slept properly in months. You just sit in this room all day and still continue to cry. You’ve lost your job, your dignity and your pride. Pick yourself back up and move on, at least for your own sake.” Hyorin nagged yet worried, pulling the blanket off your body making you feel cold and bare.

 

She was right. Everything she said was true. Her advice would usually get your head straight, but everything right now seemed hopeless, it had no effect on you.

 

I just can’t..” You whined, reaching up and snatching back the blanket from her hands.

 

“Aish…” she murmured under her breath.

 

You closed your eyes and attempted to go back to sleep but Hyorin had other things in mind. Without noticing she pulled your arm up causing you to stumble on your feet a few times.

 

“We’re going out for dinner tonight. Whether you like it or not, I’ll make you go.” she said with a threatening tone in her voice.

 

FINE.” you answered as she nodded then pushed you into the bathroom impatiently.

 

“Myungsoo!! Can you call Dongwoo?” You heard Hyorin scream out loudly, while walking out of the room.

 

Dongwoo?” you mumbled his name raising your eyebrow, soon ignoring the conversation outside the bathroom door.

 

---

You, Myungsoo and Hyorin stepped into the restaurant patiently awaiting the waiters instructions. You stood behind the couple, envious of the relationship they had. The waiter eventually came and Hyorin whispered something into his ear, followed by a nod.

 

“We’ll meet you at the table. I forgot something in the car, and Myungsoo needs to assist me.” she said suspiciously, scratching her nose while avoiding eye contact with you.

 

As they left you shrugged your shoulders and sat down at the assigned table, which seemed to have one extra seat.

 

Suddenly, an unfamiliar figure sat down in front of you, happily waving his hand to get your attention.

 

You looked up and he smiled and waved once again.

 

Can I help you?” You asked bluntly, keeping the same facial expression.

 

He cleared his throat before he began to speak. “I’m Jang Dongwoo, Myungsoo and Hyorins friend. You must be Park ____” he replied politely, still keeping a smile on his face.

 

He was actually really cute, his wide smile and his eyes really showed the kind of person he was. Yet his sharp jawline and built body showed that there was this masculine side to him.

 

Y-yes, I am. Nice to meet you.” You mentally smacked yourself for stuttering.

 

He chuckled before getting up from his seat. “I’ll get us some drinks, won’t be long.”

 

Dongwoo walked off and you heavily sighed, finally understanding what your friends were up to.

 

“So you did end up moving on?” a familiar voice spoke.

 

You froze.

It couldn’t be.

That voice. You knew it straight away.

Your head shot up to see him staring right back at you with an eyebrow raised waiting for an answer.

 

S-Sunggyu..” you managed to say, feeling the pain that he caused to your heart, come back again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N How do you guys like it so far? Comment and Subscribe :)))? 
might update in a few days, depends on our exams.. *sighs*

- @marianneregina & @tmorales

<3<3