12.

Once You're Gone

You finally reached home, heart still racing and beating heavily. Comfort somewhat came to reach when you arrived at Hyorin’s house, a sense of relief that you were away from all the drama that seems to be piling up.

 

You dragged yourself to the door, slumping down on the couch when you bumped into it. You sat there blankly wiping away the remaining tears, trying to forget what’s been going on these past few days.

 

You felt something come beside you, but you were to distressed to notice. “Yah! Where have you been?! You look awful!” Hyorin yelled causing your head to shoot right up, as you caught her gaze.You didn’t even have to speak a single word for Hyorin to understand if there was something wrong, because once you both looked at each other her expression softened.

 

“You look so pale, are you sick?” She asked calmly. You shook your head in response still not speaking a single word.

 

You sighed. “I’ll be fine, okay?”

 

You got up to leave to your room, wanting to avoid conversation with her, no offense.


For the next few days, you tried to hide from everyone as much as possible. You got up earlier to leave for work to avoid Hyorin and Myungsoo, tried to do other peoples work at the office and ask for them to go instead of you when Sunggyu asks for you, hid at the back of cafes to avoid Dongwoo if he were to look for you. It was really tiring for you. You felt stupid for doing these things to avoid these people, but you couldn’t help it.

 

You were disturbed one morning by your phone and you lazily grabbed it, making a mental note to kill whoever texted.

 

“Whenever you decide to actually see me at work, I’ve left all your paperwork on the desk.” -Sunggyu

 

Yep, mental note officially on your to-do-list. Rolling your eyes, You got out of bed and you heard a faint conversation at the other side of the door.

 

“What’s wrong with her? I haven’t seen her since like, forever.” Myungsoo.

 

“I don’t know, honestly.” You could hear the worry in her voice, and it made you feel guilty.

 

“Come on Hyorin, you’re supposed to know.”

 

“Look, I know its something that I can’t really help on. You try talk to her.”

 

You stopped in your tracks after hearing a light knock on your door.

 

“C-come in!” you called out stuttering.

 

Myungsoo slowly stepped in, Hyorin just outside your room, looking like she knew what was going to happen. ”____-ah, I need to speak to you about something.”

 

You could tell it was going to be something bad. “Um, go ahead.”

 

“So I’m guessing you’ve found out that Dongwoo decided to help Sunggyu get you back..?”

 

“HE’S DOING WHAT?!”

 

“Oh crap, I guess not.”

 

“I told you. You are so dumb.” You heard Hyorin say and walk away.

 

Your gaze shot back to Myungsoo, who gulped at your look.

 

“Yah Kim Myungsoo. Tell me what’s going on.” You practically screamed, pulling at his shirt aggressively as he flinched.

 

“Calm down! Okay you need to understand that he cares about you A LOT and wishes for you to be happy right?”

 

You nodded in response, slowly letting go of his shirt.

 

“He’s fallen for you ____, hard. The more he tries to help Sunggyu, the more deep his feelings get for you.”

 

You stood there frozen, jaw open unable to find the right words to say. You questioned how you could be so blind to see it was all Dongwoo putting all this effort in for you and Sunggyu to get back together.

 

You felt that it was up to you to set things straight. But where would you start first? Firstly, Sunggyu was being a jerk and Dongwoo just scared the crap out of you. But eventually you made your decision: to ignore Dongwoo before you could even possibly hurt him any further. You didn’t want to see him hurt because of you, you didn’t want him to fall for you any deeper. You knew that he was too good for you. He was perfect while you were miles from perfect.

You ran out of the apartment, running to your car and speeding off to the office.

 

You rushed to Sunggyu’s office and was about to open the door but you heard a loud argument going on inside.

 

“I don’t understand!”

 

“What’s there not to understand? You’re fired. Full stop. I want nothing to do with you.”

 

“But what about us?”

 

“Being with you was a stupid idea. I regret everything.”

 

“It’s her, isn’t it?”

 

There was no response.

 

You jumped up as you heard loud footsteps coming your way, so you quickly hid behind a wall, listening to Minhee stomp her way out of the office. In a few seconds you slowly made your way into Sunggyus office, feeling more nervous than usual.

 

“Sunggyu?” you called out with a shaky tone.

 

“What are you doing here?” he responded walking in rubbing his temples in frustration.

 

“I work here if you don’t remember.” you chuckled nervously.

 

He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Sunggyu.. About the other day I-“

 

“Save it. I’m sorry.”

 

You almost choked on your own saliva.

 

“What?”

 

“I said I’m sorry. I know I’m apologizing late but.. Everything is my fault. Hurting you was the worst thing I’ve ever done.” you could finally hear the sadness in his tone.

 

“A simple sorry just can’t change how I feel or fix anything.”

 

He sighed. “I know.”

 

“Sunggyu, I loved you more than you’d ever know and as cruel as it sounds I don’t think I can never go back to you. It hurts me to even be here, knowing what you did and still having the nerve to stay with her.”

 

“But shes gone now, don’t I at least get a second chance?”

 

“You don’t know that-” You sighed. “I can’t. It’s not that easy. There’s no fresh start to what I’ve been through its-“

 

You stopped mid sentence the second his face leaned closely into yours. You lifted up your hand to protest but soon lost yourself looking directly into his eyes. They were dark brown, and his expression was that loving one you first fell in love with. In reality you were dying inside but you had to show him you were strong, even if it meant hiding all emotions.

 

In a few seconds his lips captured yours and you couldn’t believe yourself for actually missing his lips against yours. You knew sparks were flying but you knew this wasn’t the right thing to do at all.He proceeded to move his lips against yours and you fought so hard to fight the temptation. You caught him off guard and pushed him right off you, taking a step back.

 

“I thought I made it clear that I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

 

He scoffed. “You were clearly enjoying it, don’t you miss me at all?”

 

“You know what? You’re so messed up. Just move on, stay away from me. We’ll both be happy that way.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Aren't they both pabo's?  hehe this is the last update for two weeks cause we've got assignments to focus on so yeah :( please wait patiently for us, it wont be that long ;)

subscribe/comment! 

-marianneregina & tmorales 

btw how hot is dongwoo on a motorbike... OMFG *drools*

tumblr_m47k25lYmS1rvpnr9o1_500.gif