Quarelling

My Rented Girlfriend

Myungsoo stormed towards me, looking far from happy. 

Fear took over me but vanished quickly. I rolled my eyes. He should stop pretending that he cares, or I'll get the wrong message.

With his jaws clenched, he held me by the arm and started dragging me towards the car.

"Let go!" I yelled, as he turned back with eyes that could pierce right down my heart.

Gulping lightly, I went into the car obediently as he started the engine before slamming the door hard, as I flinched uncomfortably.

"I don't even know why you're so angry..." I murmured quietly, and he scoffed.

"Who was that guy?" He asked coldly, his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"My sunbae from high school." I replied, as he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, your sunbae that you hug and shower with love," He commented sarcastically, while I turned my head in disbelief.

"How is it your problem anyway? Why'd you come and find me?" I folded my arms in annoyance.

"Yeah, and you dare to ask." He shook his head disapprovingly with a scowl on his face.

"Shouldn't you be happy that I'm gone? You'll get to spend more time with your favourite noona anyway," I retorted.

Then he lost it. "I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU, YOU FOOL!" He yelled, causing me to fiddle with my fingers nervously.

I didn't expect that answer, and looked down to my feet as his voice rang in my head.

I was worried about you, you fool! 

"...why?" I murmured softly, as he laughed sarcastically.

"And to think I thought you got run down by a car, thinking only about your safety, pacing around the house like a crazy man."

"And what the heck were you doing? Having the time of your life with your sickening sunbae. And you didn't even bother to tell me where you went!" He chided in disbelief.

"Sorry..." I muttered.

There was no reply.

"Myungsoo, I'm sorry!" I repeated, a little louder this time as he ignored me again and focused on the road.

"You're making me feel like bullcrap, I already said im sorry -"

"If every sorry solves every problem, then there won't be a need for police, is there?" He snorted.

When we reached home, he walked out of the car without bothering whether I was out or not. Slamming the house door in front of my face, I sighed and fiddled in my pockets to find my own keys.

Why did it always have to end up like this?

The next morning, I went down the stairs hoping to make Myungsoo breakfast and apologise to him.

To my disappointment, he was already eating pancakes, deep in thought. I glanced over at the empty seat beside him. Nothing. No pancakes, no orange juice, no nothing. Dude doesn't care about me anymore huh? I thought bitterly to myself.

"Hey," I squeaked weakly, as he didn't bother to even cast me a glance.

"Hi. I'm leaving for Strong Heart now. I've ordered pizza for you. Don't wait for me, I'm coming home late tonight. Bye." He put on his jacket and without waiting for my reply, walked towards the door.

"You can scold me, you can hit me. But can you not ignore me?!" I yelled in frustration.

He stood frozen for a second and looked down, but reached out for the door knob and twisted it open, before leaving.

Myungsoo

Yeah, I'm jealous. I'm mad at her. I'm petty, okay? Whatever.

The scene of the two hugging breaks my heart every time, it wouldn't get off my head.

Aish; why are you so petty myungsoo? Her fragile voice pleading me to talk to her was just too much for me to handle, I had to get out of the house before I fall too hard for her.

Once we started filming strong heart, Seung Gi sunbaenim and Kang Ho Dong started asking questions, starting from me.

"So L, is there anything bugging you lately? You seem to be zoning out, " he commented.

"Ahaha," I laughed awkwardly, as he continued, "Problems with girls?" Woah, jackpot.

"I guess you could say that."

"Well then wanna do a live video message for the special someone, which I believe is a pretty lady named So Eun that has been over the magazines for being your girlfriend?" He winked, urging me to send a video message.

Here it goes.

"To my special someone out there, I'm sorry I can't be forgiving, I'm sorry I can't be there for you everytime, I'm sorry I can't be the best of the best boyfriend, I'm sorry I'm such a horrible person, I'm sorry I don't have the courage to love you because I'm scared you'll be gone the next minute." 

Claps and cheers filled the room as Ho Dong sunbae winked at me.

So Eun, are you watching this?

If you are... this is my feelings for you.

I opened the door and took off my jacket. Scanning the house, I found So Eun sitting on the dining table eating the pizza with a mocking face.

Did she watch it?

"Did you watch-" I started, only to get cut off by her.

"Yeah I did, don't worry, I won't think too much into it. I know you're just doing it for the show anyways, great acting though." She snorted, before bringing the pizza box into the room.

"So it's all an act to you, huh? I meant it though.... " I laughed bitterly to myself.