Period

My Rented Girlfriend
So Eun

"You are the apple of my eye,"

What?! 

My eyes widened in horror as he came closer and closer to me, while my hands instinctively reached out for the tray.

"Just joking.. OW!" He rubbed his head before getting up and glared at me.

"Are you crazy? It's made out of metal!" He shouted angrily while rubbing his head again.

"S-serves you right! Who asked you to make fun of me, huh? huh?!" I shouted back, trying to hide my nervousness from just now as he just smirked.

"You thought I was for real huh?" He leaned towards me as i felt his breathing on my neck, causing me to have goosebumps all over.

"Obviously not!" I fibbed, as he grinned.

" I meant it, haha. You're adorable, the apple of my eye like a close best friend." He explained, as I felt a tinge of disappointment in me.

Best friend huh.... 

My shoulders slumped as I tried my best to put on a nonchalant expression and smiled.

"Well then you're my best friend too." I gave him a small smile as I got up and walked away, before turning back again.

"Sorry about your head," I giggled as he returned me a smile that made my heart leap.

Best friends... I love him as a best friend, right?

The Next Morning

MyungSoo

I laid the table and placed the nicely fried eggs and bacon on the table, as I glanced at the clock.

10 a.m.

Wierd. So Eun will usually be down by 9.45, pestering for her breakfast. 

"So Eun! Breakfast's ready!" I shouted from downstairs, but there was no reply.

Anxious, I headed up the stairs and knocked on So Eun's door.

"So Eun?" I called, but there was no reply.

Twisting the door knob open, So Eun was on the bed with her face as pale as a ghost and her lips cracked. 

She looked horrible.

"So Eun!" I jumped on the bed as I touched her forehead.

Strange enough, it wasn't burning.

Her hands were clutched tightly on her stomach as she was sweating profusely, and I felt like air was being taken away from me. I couldn't breathe.

"So Eun! Are you okay?!" I shook her lightly, as her eyes fluttered open and she swallowed her saliva.

"Ow... Myungsoo, it hurts.." She whispered weakly.

"What hurts?!" My eyes widened in horror as my gaze darkened.

"My stomach..."

"You're having food poisoning?! Gastric?! What?! Let me bring you to the hospital!" I tried carrying her bridal style, only to be rejected by her.

"So Eun! Are you crazy?! Let me bring you to the hospital!!" I screamed, totally agitated as I started breathing heavily as she smiled a little.

"I'm having my period, you idiot. This happens every time" She explained weakly, as I swallowed my saliva.

"What do I do?!" My fists clenched as I asked in exasperation. I had to make her feel better. Now.

"Get me pads and painkillers"

Her answer left me hanging there with my mouth agape.

Pads?! Me?! Myungsoo?! 

Gah, whatever! I darted out of the room and dashed to the door, not bothering to even change or get my hair fixed.

I couldn't care less, there was only one thing on my mind right now.

It pains me to see her in pain.

Running madly, I dashed to the pharmacy and grabbed some painkillers and pads, before placing it on the counter.

"Helping your girlfriend?" The ahjumma at the counter smiled warmly at me as I huffed and puffed, totally tired from the run.

"Uh... yeah. Quickly ahjumma, she's in pain" I said desperately, as she handed me a bag.

"You must love your girlfriend very much." She smiled.

I flashed her a quick smile as I dashed back home, got a glass of warm water and darted up the stairs.

Pulling her up as she rested on my chest, she took a sip of warm water and took the painkillers before I laid her back to sleep again.

"Thank you" she whispered softly with her eyes closed, as I took the blankets and covered her.

"Rest well" I whispered back in her ears, as I brought down the empty glass of water and the rest of the painkillers.

I walked down the stairs as the ahjumma's words came back ringing in my head.

"You must love your girlfriend very much"

I laughed.

She's obviously not my girlfriend!

Then why were you so anxious when you found out she was sick?

Why did you run so fast like your life depended on it?

Why'd you not even bother checking your hair, or changing your clothes, in case someone recognises you out there?

That is very not like you, Kim Myung Soo.

My inner self mocked me as I shook my head.

I was just worried because she's my best friend, right? If it was Sungyeol Hyung I'd be as worried as I was just now. (A/N MyungYeol! Had to add it, sorry :p )

"Next time you should keep your mouth shut, inner thoughts." I mumbled under my breath.

So Eun

I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock.

5.30.

Woah. I've been asleep for that long?

Feeling much better after having the painkiller and sleep, I glanced at the table to see the packet of pads laying nicely on it.

I smiled.

The Kim Myung Soo, the idol who cares about looks more than anything, the annoying pest that can irritate the heck out of me without fail,the face of infinite, the one that is endlessly teasing me, actually went to buy pads for me?

I laughed.

The door creaked open, with Myungsoo coming in with a bowl of porridge in his hands.

"Sleeping beauty, you're finally awake? " He teased, as I pretended to hold my stomach and sob.

"It hurts!! Myungsoo!"

He placed the porridge down immediately with a flustered look and placed me back down on the bed.

"Are you okay?!" He aske worriedly as I giggled.

"Just kidding!" I chirped happily as his face darkened.

His brows connected into a frown as his lips pursed. "You think it's funny?"

"......yeah."

He rolled his eyes and helped me sit up, before holding on the bowl of porridge again.

Blowing softly, he held a spoon at my mouth as I smiled.

He looks the handsomest when he's caring.

I opened my mouth obediently and swallowed.

Mm, yummy.

This man seriously has it all, huh? Looks, personality, cooking, ugh.

"Most disgusting thing I've ever tasted, but sill acceptable." I fibbed, as his face went: =_____=

"Fine, don't eat it then." He stood up and was about to walk away when I held up by the arm and pulled him down again.

"I'm just kidding! It's the best porridge i've ever tasted, okay?" I grinned with two thumbs up as he grinned.

"Much better." He said satisfyingly before continuing to feed me.

"Hey, did you really go and buy THAT?" I said, pointing to the pads.

"Yeah..." He scratched his head cutely, as I bursted out laughing.

"Oh my god! Hahahahahahah!" 

"Hey! Do you know how the girls were looking at me like I'm a wierd freak?! Plus, I did it for your sake!" He pouted, as my laughter finally died down.

"Okay, okay..." 

"Why did you do it anyway?"

"Because you're my best friend. Best friends help each other in need, don't they?"

Yeah, best friends....