Sharks

Trio

 

 

Prompt from DubuSangtae14, 'fluffy toddler!onjongho. minho gets over childish fear'. See chapter 6.

 

-------

 

 

 

Nooo~!” the youngest kicked his dragging feet, making sand fly in the air.
 
“Minho, you’ll be fine.” The oldest said, hands tightly around Minho’s arm. “Right, Jonghyun?”
 
Jonghyun held tightly to Minho’s other arm, pulling and huffing. “Jinki’s right. I’ll punch anything that tries to hurt you. Besides, “Jonghyun grinned, “I’ve never punched a shark before.” 
 
Minho, being six, almost wailed in fear as he was pulled closer to the ocean. The two slightly older boys kept pulling him down the beach anyway. 
 
“Sharks will eat me!” 
 
“Minho..” Jinki whined, “they can’t come this far anyway.”
 
“Don’t you want to play in the water with us?” Jonghyun asked.
 
Minho pouted. He did, but didn’t. Either way, he was still dragged until his feet touched cold water. Minho was pulled about waist deep before the other two let him go. Minho froze in place, waves rolling into him. He slowly turned to face the ocean. It’s huge and full of sharks. Minho steps back.
 
Minho!”
 
The youngest was splashed in the face with water, it wasn’t hard enough to make him cry, but it was close. Minho pouted and started splashing the older boys. He was soon smiling and forgetting his fears of the water.
 
That is, until he saw something floating nearby that totally was a shark wanting to eat him. So Minho screamed and took off running towards the beach, managing to trip and fall completely in the water a few times. He coughed up the saltwater and kept running even though he tripped in sand and got it stuck all over him since he was soaked. He just kept running for his little life.
 
Jonghyun and Jinki look around, finding no signs of a shark. They sighed heavily.
 
 
 
When Minho’s ten, he certainly wasn’t expecting a man dressed in a plushy shark costume to be standing behind him at the amusement park. When he turned, ice cream cone in his mouth, Minho froze, screamed, then dropped his ice cream and hid behind Jinki while Jonghyun kicked and punched at the shark, though it didn’t seem to do much, even with Jonghyun using all his might. 
 
Jonghyun was pulled away by adults fairly soon. After things calmed, the older two held Minho’s hands, pulling him along to get more ice cream. 
 
Minho turned back to stare at the man-shark, slightly fascinated by it.
 
 
 
By the time Minho was a teenager, his room is full of shark ‘things’, making Jonghyun and Jinki cringe when they entered his room now. Something happened somewhere down the line and now Minho couldn’t get enough about sharks. 
 
“Drinks?” Minho kicks his door back open, holding a tray of drinks (in shark designed glasses). He set them down and soon his ‘SHARK’ t-shirt was visible to Jinki and Jonghyun, to match with Minho's huge tardish smile. They looked at each other and sighed.
 
--
 
 
Sorry. Doubt that's what you were looking for...