Us

Trio

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
Jonghyun sniffed and straighten his school uniform. He was embarrassed he was sitting in a corner outside the school crying. It was stupid. A girlfriend of only three weeks had just ‘politely’ dumped him. Now he just sat and cried like a child.
 
“Jonghyun-ah?” 
 
Jonghyun stiffened at the familiar gently voice of his hyung – Jinki. He quickly wiped at his eyes and sniffed deeply before forcing a smile and looking to Jinki. He was surprised to see the silent first year trailing closely behind Jinki, holding his backpack close – Minho.
 
Jinki crouched in front of Jonghyun and tilted his head to the side with a big smile. “Jonghyun-ah, it’s okay.” He reached out and squeezed Jonghyun’s leg. 
 
“Ah..” Minho stepped forward a bit, still behind Jinki, “You have.. us, hyung.” He told Jonghyun in his quiet, deep voice. Jonghyun watched him slowly smile then turn away like he was the embarrassed one and not Jonghyun.
 
Jonghyun’s eyes turned back to Jinki, who giggled a little as he shoved at Jonghyun’s knee. He was still beaming his comforting smile at Jonghyun. Minho turned back then with those big eyes of his, still smiling like a tall goof at Jonghyun. Both their smiles made Jonghyun’s chest swell and eyes run with fresh, hot tears. 
 
Jinki pulled Jonghyun into a hug and Minho stepped around to kneel and rub Jonghyun’s back gently. Jonghyun was pretty mortified by himself at this point, but he couldn’t stop crying. He had the best friends anyone could ever hope for and he knew, no matter what they faced, they would always be together.
 
Jonghyun sat up, sniffing and finally willing his tears away. The other two helped Jonghyun to his feet. He took a deep shaky breath, then smiled big and genuine. “Who’s up for the arcade?” Jonghyun wrapped his arms around the two, leading them away from the building corner. They all smiled in agreement until Jonghyun said, “Minho-yah is paying.”
 
Minho’s face was still smiling slightly at the ‘joke’ until Jinki joined Jonghyun with a grin, “Minho-yaaah is so nice to his hyungs~.” He leaned over to poke Minho, making the youngest stiffen.
 
Minho didn’t correct the older two, just lowered his head and sulked as he was pulled along. The older two laughed.