barriers and pie

Trio

 

 

 

 

"Hyung! Hyuuung!" whines an exhausted 8-year-old Minho, who has fallen back behind two older boys for reasons.

"Minho-yah!" Jonghyun glances back and groans, "You picked too many berries."

Jinki nods while eating a few of his own berries early. He can’t wait till they get home and was them. Nope, what’s the sense in that.

Minho huffs and hurries faster, chubby legs only taking him so far. He has twice as many berries in his arms as the older boys, but then again, at least in his mind, the berry picking had become some sort of contest and Minho had to have the most. He certainly has the most and it’s slowing him down. “Waaaait!” he whines again.

Jinki and Jonghyun share a glance. They ignore the youngest while tossing berries at each other to catch in their mouths, big smiles and all.

Minho pouts and sulks. He wants to play too. Why did he pick so many berries? Oh oh! Minho stumbles and drops some of his berries. He stops and stares down at them while the older boys carry on. 

It’s a hard decision at eight-years-old to decide trying to pick the fallen berries up with full arms or skip it…

Minho blinks and doesn’t move. “Hyung!!”

"Minho-ya!" Jinki shouts with a full mouth. "Hurry so we can wash all these berries and eat!"

Minho pouts further and leaves his fallen berries behind.

"Mama will make me pie with these~," Jinki brags.

Jonghyun frowns, “I want pie..” 

"No," Jinki jokes while throwing another berry at Jonghyun. It hits the younger in the eye and he screams, dropping all his berries to the dirty ground. Jinki freezes in horror, like he possibly did just smashed his friend’s eyeball. 

Minho walks passed them while using his long neck to duck his head and eat berries from his arms. He munches and gets berry juices all over his face. He doesn’t care though. He’s in the lead~.