Slopes

Trio

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinki plops his skis on the firm snow and suites up while Jonghyun steps up beside him, laughing to himself smugly.
 
“Hyung hyung… really?” Jonghyun drops his shiny snowboard to the snow at the top of the hill they both stand and straps his feet into it, hunched over in laughter still. “Skis? We were both supposed to snowboard. That’s what this was all about. Besides,” Jonghyun stands straight up once he’s finished, still awfully short and now as fat as Jinki with both bundled up in heavy winter wear. “Skiing is for chicks. You a girl, hyung?”
 
Jinki is of course ignoring Jonghyun and finishing up his work. He’s locked in and stands, gloved hands reaching to lower his goggles before taking his skiing poles tightly in his hands. “Jonghyun-ah. Stop being all mouth and no show.” 
 
Jonghyun blinks wide eyes and stares. He grumbles in a moment and pulls his own goggles down while fixing his hood. “Hyung, only teasing.. loosen up..”
 
Jinki is totally loose and relaxed. Jonghyun is the nervous one. “Do you need me to wait for you?” Jinki kindly offers.
 
“Shut up and go, I’m right behind you.” Jonghyun’s insecurity is now showing even clearer through his high, whiny voice.
 
Jinki shrugs and takes off down the slope. Jonghyun grumbles then sighs in a defeated manner. He pouts at how Jinki seems to do it just fine – gliding down the snowy hillside. Maybe not gracefully, but he’s not falling or running into things either. Well yeah sure, he can do that too. Jonghyun it up, takes a deep breath, then jumps forward.
 
Jinki reaches the bottom and skids to a stop while pulling his goggles up and glancing back up the slope he just took. He grins proudly in a puff of white air, but the smile falls when he notices a ball of snow and colorful clothes wiggling and cursing loudly halfway down the slope. 
 
“Hyung! I hate your ideas!” Jonghyun shouts, tangled up in his board and snow after falling and tumbling to a stop.
 
Jinki laughs into his glove and shrugs. This had been Jonghyun’s brilliant idea for a ‘sort of’ date, not his own. Jinki promises once this is all sorted out he will take Jonghyun to get some hot coffee and wrap him in a blanket with an Eskimo kiss, then his ego back to life with a bitten back giggle.