Dinner

Trio

 

(This is based in the Bonded universe - see story here - and contains spoilers for the end of Last Breath.)

-------------

 

 

 

 

 
Minho set the last hot bowl on the small kitchen table, smiling to himself. Maybe he was a little proud when he called, “I made dinner!”
 
Jonghyun walked into the kitchen first and almost laughed, “No. You made Instant Ramen.” Jonghyun shook his head and turned to leave, a little annoyed and uninterested in Minho’s ‘meal’. But Jonghyun was soon stopped when Onew walked in wrapping an arm around his shoulders to 'gently’ guide Jonghyun towards the table.
 
Minho became silent after Jonghyun’s comment, his smile gone as he stood beside the table. 
 
“I’m sure Jonghyun would love to have some of your dinner, Minho.” Onew smiled and threateningly squeezed Jonghyun tightly between his arm before turning to him. “Isn’t that right, Jonghyun?”
 
Jonghyun grabbed Onew’s arm and forcefully removed it from his body. “Yeah. Sure. Like I have anything better to do living with you two.” 
 
Minho glanced at the table he set up for the three. He had been bored and thought it would be fun to make something human for dinner. He knew Jonghyun had a ‘sweet tooth’ for human food, though instant ramen wasn’t one of his favorites, but for some reason Minho had a soft spot for it. And well, he didn’t know how to make anything fancy. He’s never really needed to. But still, he wasn’t going to force them to eat human food. “You guys don’t have to eat it if you don’t.” he quietly said.
 
“Ahh. From his own mouth.” Jonghyun turned to leave only to be shoved into the table, making the food slosh a bit and Minho’s eyes widen. Afraid of a fight or a mess, who knew.
 
“Sit.” Onew spoke firmly, but he smiled through it.
 
Jonghyun glared back at Onew, “Fine. Fine.” and lazily took a set at the table. Jonghyun loudly gagged when he looked up to find Onew and Minho sharing a smile or something, whatever it was it was gross and unamusing to Jonghyun. So Jonghyun would fix it fast. 
 
“Minho,” Jonghyun spoke calmly, though his tone said everything, “Sit.” Jonghyun watched Minho quickly take a seat at the table not far from him. He smiled, feeling the tiniest bit satisfied before grabbing his chopsticks and slowly, every slowly eating his noodles.
 
Jonghyun looked up, his mouth full of noodles to find Onew sitting across from him and starting into his own ramen. Jonghyun looked back to his food, taking in the flavors. Really, the ramen wasn’t all that bad but Jonghyun couldn’t just say so. Though, that’s not to say he didn’t try. 
 
“Minho.” The younger vampire turned to Jonghyun looking the slightest bit hopeful. “This is… it .” Jonghyun turned back to his food and took another slurp. 
 
It wasn’t long before Jonghyun was kicked under the table, and he knew it wasn’t Minho. Jonghyun glared up at a frowning Onew, his mouth still full of noodles. Jonghyun loudly slurped them into his mouth before giving Onew a cocky grin followed closely by an elbow to Minho’s side, making the younger yelp through his food.
 
Jonghyun received a more powerful kick, tearing a hiss from between his clenched teeth. Now just royally pissed off, Jonghyun shoved an unsuspecting Minho out of his chair, bowl flying with the younger vampire.  
 
 
From where he landed, hot broth and slimy noodles all over his arms, Minho pulled his head up to find Onew and Jonghyun lunging at each other over the table, knocking it over with all the food Minho had made. Minho let his head fall back to the floor with thud, knowing it wasn’t worth getting up at that point. 
 
Minho slurped up a few stray noodles while he listened to the older vampires loudly fighting behind him. Next time, Minho would have to figure out something else to do when he got bored. He knew he wouldn’t be too bored once they were done and he had to clean the kitchen.