Sleep

Trio

 

Based in the 'Unicorn' verse.

------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinki twitched and stirred in his sleep, feeling some disturbance. His dream turned cloudy nightmare, and he suddenly felt closed in. It grew harder to breath, darkness surrounding Jinki. It was the end, he was pretty sure he was going to die now, there was no away out. Jinki’s eyes rabidly blink in the dark, trying to see as he was sure something was growing closer and closer. 
 
Jinki’s eyes open wide and awake this time, meeting big dark eyes peeking from under the bed blankets. They just stared back, whole room eerily silent. They blink in a moment and Jinki finally took a breath and yelped with a squeak, certain this was his death.
 
What!?” Jonghyun suddenly shot up in bed beside Jinki, half-asleep. When his leg brushed something under the sheets, he awoke more and jerked his body to the edge of the bed. “Wha..”
 
The sheets moved and both men shared a frightened look before a head popped out from under blankets, black hair frizzy all over and eyes still wide – always wide, because the kid just had particularly big eyes.
 
Hi..” a voice whispered to them.
 
Both men took a breath while getting a hold of themselves, realizing it wasn’t Death calling them. It was just the homeless kid they’d still been housing. This though, this was new. Minho had never crawled into their bed in the middle of the night while they slept. But now that both men could think a little clearer, it wasn’t like it didn’t make sense.
 
Only when you didn’t try to make sense of the kid was when he made some sort of sense.
 
“Minho-yah?” Jonghyun questioned, rubbing sleep from his eyes. 
 
The unicorn poked out from the blankets now too and Minho smiled, not looking very sleepy in the middle of the night. “Yes?”
 
Jinki whined, tired and wanting his sleep for classes in the morning. “Why are you in our bed?” It’s not like he got to sleep in like his younger friend, who worked later hours at a local shop instead of going to college. And really, he would like to have his own room back. He wasn’t sure how he got stuck giving the homeless guy his room in the apartment they rented together, which the kid wasn’t even sleeping in now, clearly.
 
“Huh…” Minho looked to Jinki, wide eyes confused like he couldn’t understand the question. “Hmm..” The kid’s head pulled back under the sheets with the unicorn.
 
Jinki yelped again when he was shoved, nearly falling from the bed. He looked back up to find Jonghyun’s frowning face in the dim light. Jinki pouted. He hadn’t meant any harm. He only wanted to know why Minho was in Jonghyun’s bed. 
 
“Ahjussi..” a small, deep voice called from under the sheets. Neither knew why Minho called them that when they couldn’t be that far apart in age. Minho had to be around seventeen, though neither could get a straight answer out of him. “I wanna..” Minho wiggled under the covers, “Uh,, sleep here.”
 
Jonghyun pushed the blankets down to uncover Minho’s head. He smiled down at curious eyes. “Hmm.. For tonight, okay.”
 
Jinki’s head shot to Jonghyun, eyes wide and mouth open, trying to process what was happening. “But.. but.. I need sleep.”
 
“My bed,” Jonghyun said, patting Minho’s back to get the kid to crawl up the bed. Minho smiled, holding his stuffed animal close as he moved up the bed between the two.
 
Jinki still tried to protest, “But.. wait..”
 
“I also pay most the rent.”
 
Jinki deflated at that. The younger knew the right buttons to push to get him withdrawing from fights like these. Jinki laid back down, getting a face full of stuffed animal fur. At least they had managed to get it cleaned, though Minho had been pacing around the apartment mumbling incoherently while the two scrubbed on the stuffed animal in their kitchen sink.
 
Jinki huffed when Minho’s backside shoved into his gut, the kid curling up under covers and facing a whispering Jonghyun. Jinki decided he really did hate his friend’s bed then. His room even. He hated everything and just wanted sleep, not have fluffy fur in his face and a squirming near his crotch.
 
Minho laughed while Jonghyun combed fingers through his hair to try and sooth Minho to sleep. 
 
Now, Jinki was feeling slightly jealous for his best friend - possessive of the friend they did everything together as, and now someone was messing with that perfect balance and it agitated Jinki.
 
Jinki closed his eyes, trying to relax even though the other two kept the bed bouncing and Minho’s thin body continued brushing him uncomfortable. 
 
Just sleep. Please.