That's why

Trio

 

Prompt I got on tumblr.

----------

 

 

 

 

If you asked Jinki why he agreed to move in with the two younger men, he would tell you a vague rehearsed line, but really he wasn’t always so sure why he did. Today was no exception while he tried to look over a newspaper and poked at his breakfast.

 

Minho, clearly more alert than the other, poked at Jonghyun’s head while they sat across from Jinki at the table. Jonghyun growled, poking Minho back twice as hard. Minho poked again, smile falling.

 

Jinki sighed inwardly, almost ashamed of men nearly thirty would fight at the breakfast table. “Hey,” Jinki spoke in a stern voice, “I didn’t make breaks on my day like the calendar says to have you two fight and let it grow cold.”

 

Minho bowed, apologizing first while a sleepy Jonghyun yawned, and mumbled ‘ up.’ Minho shot a glare, but started eating his breakfast quietly. Jonghyun slowly followed.

 

When dishes were being washed by the other men in the kitchen after breakfast, Jinki tried to tune out more arguing over useless things. He glanced over his glasses, watching the two bump hips and try to one up the other with teasing remarks. Jinki went back to his newspaper.

 

When Jinki heard more arguing from the bathroom later that day, that was the last straw. Since they were all home with time off, it was obvious what needed to happen though the younger men probably weren’t even fully aware of it. Jinki passed by the bathroom, pulling his shirt off. “Whoever gets on the bed first and shuts up get screwed first.” Obviously had reached its peak around here again.

 

Jonghyun and Minho stared at each other. Minho his lips while Jonghyun popped his back and then it was a trampling and wall shoving fight to Jinki’s bedroom while Jinki cursed, annoyed even this got turned into a fight. Maybe if he used all his energy up for the day in screw both senseless they would shut up.

 

Later that day, the three still laid lazily in bed and Jinki praised the silence in the room. Soft lips brushed and tickled his warm body, making Jinki smile - content and knowing he made the right decision when he agreed to move into an apartment with the two. Though there were annoying moments with them, sweet moments like this always outweighed the other.

 

Minho made dinner that night while Jonghyun and Jinki watched, teasing and asking unnecessary questions. Minho smiled though, unfazed by it, which made Jinki smile happily.

 

While washing dishes after dinner, Jonghyun sang lightly, getting Jinki to join him. When Minho attempted to pop and lock in the kitchen to their singing, Jinki laughed so hard he almost broke a dish.

 

Sometimes, Jinki just wanted to answer the invading question as “Because, even with our fights and disagreements, I love them more than life and they bring me a happiness like no one has. They’re both more than what one could ask for in a best friend.”