Red-light

Trio

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The car starts to slow, Jinki behind the wheel, Jonghyun the passenger, and Minho in the back. Minho kicks at the back of Jonghyun’s seat, arms crossed and face serious – a slight pout. “I’ll do it.”
 
“Really?” Jonghyun questions, a hand reaching blindly behind him to slap at Minho’s legs.
 
Minho’s eyes narrow and he swats at Jonghyun’s hand. His low voice shows his resolve, “Really.” 
 
Jinki laughs, “Minho-yah. For real?”
 
“Yes. For real!” Minho’s voice comes out whiner than he indended.
 
Jonghyun joins Jinki’s laughter while the car slows further, coming to a red light. Minho has his hand on the door now, ready. Once the car stops enough, Minho’s out in the cool night, slamming a car door shut and running around the back, while the older two laugh and holler inside the vehicle.  
 
“He’s doing it! He’s actually doing it!” Jonghyun slaps Jinki’s shoulder in a fit of laughter.
 
Minho passes by Jinki’s window and the oldest loses it again, beating the steering wheel and almost chokes on air. He soon shouts out his open window, “Minho-yah! Go, gooo!!”
 
Minho thumbs up in front of the car, grinning and going for another round around the car. 
 
Jonghyun smacks Jinki’s head suddenly, “Green!” And with a honk behind them, Jinki steps on the gas, taking off. 
 
Minho’s left behind, staring dumbfounded a moment, then there’s more vehicles honking and him pathetically running after the car, “You guys! Wait, wait!”