chapter five

vineyard love

-New York City-
"sir, we looked for every girl who was a lightening shape scar on her right ankle but we didn't find the right one."
"ok yunho it's ok we'll have a plane ride back to Seoul in the morning and we can search there again."
"yes sir."

Yunho exit out of the room leaving him behind.

"oh my daughter, I wonder where you could be? Please be safe." he prayed hoping his daughter will be fine.

-hyoyeon's room-
"eomeoni, where did this scar come from?" hyoyeon said pointing to her ankle.
"hon, why do you keep asking the same thing over and over again." her mom said while putting hyoyeon's clothes in her closet.
"I'm just curious."
"you got it when you fell off your bike."
"oh ok I'll be at jessica's house, if you need me."
"NE take care."
Hyoyeon left the house and walked over to jessica's house. Hyoyeon's mother watched hyoyeon leave. Once hyoyeon left, hyoyeon's mother went to her room and searched for a piece of paper in her closet. She opened it, to make sure it's the right paper. She put it back in her closet and went back to doing house work.

"that was a close call." she sighed to herself.
"what was a close call eomma?" Min Gu, hyoyeon's little brother said to his mom.
"oh min gu-ah you scared me, don't ever do that again." she said holding her shirt.
"mianhayo eomma."
"it's ok. Do you need anything."
"is it ok if I go out and play with minhyuk's grandson and his friends. They ask me if I could play soccer with them?"
"yeah just don't go far and come back before 8."
"ok bye eomma." 
Min gu ran to minhyuk's house where the boys waited for him.

"oh god I was so close of getting caught."
"getting caught of what?" hyoyeon said standing by her door way.
"oh my god hyoyeon, you scared me." she said still holding her shirt.
"oh mianhayo."
"that's like the second time that happened. You and your brother are so a like."
"of course we're brothers and sisters."
"so you need anything."
"I'm going to sleep over at jessica's house, is that fine?" 
"yeah just don't cause trouble."
"Kamsahamnida eomeoni." 
"yeah ok and be careful!"
"NE I will!" she went out of the house and hyoyeon's mother went to the kitchen.

'I need to stop talking to myself out loud.' she thought and continued to clean the house.

-outside of hyoyeon's house-
Hyoyeon walked out of her house with her backpack on. She was about to walk over to jessica's until the boys walked over to her.

"hey hyoyeon you wanna play soccer with us?" shindong asked her.
"no I'm fine." she said and continued to walk.
"are you sure or are you scared that we'll beat you?" he continued.
"WHAT?!" she yelled, making the boys back up a bit.
"wait hyung don't do this to her." min gu said tugging on his shirt.
"why not?" he asked him while going down to his height.
"because out of all the girls here, she's the best sports player ever." he explained to him.
"is that so." he said. Shindong got up and walked over to hyoyeon.
"hyung just made the biggest mistake of his life." min gu said to the others.
"is she really that good?" asked sungmin. He just nodded at him.

"hyoyeon let's make a deal. If I win, you give me 50 bucks."
"and if I win?"
"I give you 50 bucks right on the spot."
"ok one-on-one game?"
"yes of course."
"ok your on, only one shot."
"fine one shot it is." 
She spit on her hand and he did the same and the shook hands.
"there's no backing out now." she said grabbing the ball from his hands.
"shindong hyung is so going down." min gu said shaking his head.

-the field-
The boys and sunny are sitting on the stand watching. Hyoyeon and Jessica are on one side with shindong and donghae went on the other side. Ryeowook the Referee calls shindong and hyoyeon in the middle to decide who goes first. Ryeowook flipped the coin.

"tails" hyoyeon said.
"tails it is, good luck hyung, your going to need it." he said and ran to the side.
"your going down." he said.
"let's just see what happens." 
They went back to their spots and the game started. Hyoyeon ran with the ball and shindong came running her way but she quickly ran to the opposite side of him. She ran to the goal and in a second she shot a goal.

"GOAL!!!" sunny yelled, jumping around with min gu. The guys couldn't believe it. Hyoyeon just won in an instant not even one second.

"that's right I win and you lose. Now pay up."
"Aniyo, I want a rematch." he said.
"Aniyo, we shook on it with spit so pay up now or forever be haunted." she said while chuckling. He gave up and paid her 50 dollars. She walked to the stand with Jessica leaving shindong on the floor. Donghae ran up to his hyung and helped him up.

"Hyung you just got beaten by a girl."
"I know donghae, I know." he said sadly.
"hey oppa, here." hyoyeon said giving his money back. He pushed the money back to her.
"Aniyo, you won fair and square." he said. She grabbed his hand and put the money in.
"Aniyo, money is not important to me but I had fun today. We should play again."
"d-do you really mean it?" he asked.
"of course." he hugged her and lifted her up in the air. She screamed which got everybody's attention. They ran down from the stand and went over to their direction.

"hyung what is he doing to her?" ryeowook asked.
"she broke the deal." donghae answered.
"what? Really" they said together. Donghae nodded. Shindong put hyoyeon down and he thanked her. She bowed and went to the girls and left the field.

"she is so amazing at playing soccer." yesung said.
"you could say that again." leeteuk said
"sh-..." before yesung could finish leeteuk stopped him and shook his head. "let's go play now." min gu said. They ran to the field and they played together until sun down.