chapter fifthteen

vineyard love

Minhyuk woke up very early to check on the grapes since it was the day of the festival. Hyoyeon and minhyuk were the only two people who have woken up early just to check on the grapes.


"are you excited, harabeoji?"


"of course and I'm happy that my grandson is here to help out. You know I never saw hyukjae so happy before."


"oh yeah, why is that?" she gave him a curious tone.


"back then when hyukjae was young, he was so spoiled and always rude to the elderly."


"so ever since he came here, he changed?"


"of course he did. I can even compare him from the old hyukjae to the new hyukjae. He has grown a lot these past years."


"that's good to here." she walked over to the pouch outside of the vineyard closer to the barn and sat down with minhyuk following her.


"so hyoyeon you never told me about your family. How are you guys doing?"


"we're actually doing really great."


"how about your father? You haven't said anything about you father."


"umm my father, I don't know where he is. All I know is that when I was little, my mother told me that he ran away from us but I know she is hiding something from me. I can feel it."


"oh I'm sorry to hear that."


"it's ok harabeoji. It's been 21 years since I haven't seen him. I'm use to it."


"well that's great to here. Oh hyoyeon what happened?" he said and pointed to her scar on her right ankle.


"oh this, my mother said that I fell off my bike."


"but that doesn't look like a bike mark. It's more of a burn mark. Like you got burn by something when you were little."


"well I'm not sure where I got it from but she said I fell off the bike."


"ok hyoyeon but I know that's a burn mark. Anyways let's get back to work."


"ne harabeoji." she said and got up to help minhyuk with the grapes.


After a couple of hours had passed, everybody else started to come out to help.


"sir I found her. When will you arrive sir?"

"uh-huh ok sir I'll see you then." he hung up and walked back to the house.


----------------festival----------------


They arrived at the festival and they helped each other set up. In the festival there were tons of other fruits and vegetables that they sell there. Then came a group of girls going next to minhyuk's area.


[A/N: only minhyuk, the boys, sunny, Jessica, onew, and hyoyeon went to the festival.]


"well well well if it isn't the shorties of the vineyard." she said to them making everybody in minhyuk's booth turn around.


"yay yuri, mine your own business will yuh." sunny yelled back at her and also giving her a glare.


"I will as long as We win this year."


"yuri, all you care about it winning. It doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as we had fun together. Damn your so competitive." hyoyeon said while playing her game. Acting like she doesn't care about them.


"damn she got you good." the boys said while oh-ing her.


"whatever we better not see you win or else..." yoona said joining in the conversation.


"or else what? Your going to go cry over to your mommy and tell on us. Waaaa I'm so scared." Jessica said and the boys chuckled.


"your better watch out." sooyoung said, while walking away with the others following along.


"are they your archenemies?" siwon asked them.


"yup we've been like this ever since and now we continue to fight about first place. Which I think is stupid." sunny explained to them.


"why don't you guys do that then. Stop fighting and talk it over." donghae asked.


"well we did but it didn't work out. They never listen to us." Jessica Said and turned to the grapes.


"what's their names?" ryeowook asked curiously.


"taeyeon, tiffany, yuri, sooyoung, yoona, and their maknae seohyun. Their the most competitive people, I know on earth." hyoyeon said  still playing her PSP.


"hey are you playing Starcraft, without me?" kyuhyun asked her while sitting down next to her. She nodded and continued to play, with kyuhyun watching her play. Eunhyuk just glared at them which caught the rest of the gangs attention.


"somebody's j-e-l-l-y~" leeteuk said in his singing voice. Eunhyuk ignored him and continued to stare -or glare- at them being all lovey dovey.


"ok everybody it's time for the winners of this years competition. First we'll start with the grape farmers." the announcer said while going to the stage.


He continued, " can I have minhyuk-ssi and boa-ssi up on the stage please. Now for this years great grape competition, who gets 1,000 dollars is...........………….…..................
Minhyuk-ssi! Congratulation minhyuk-ssi."

Everybody clapped and The announcer continued to call out some other fruit/vegetable farmers. Minhyuk and Boa met up in the center between their booths.


"well it looks like we won. Nice try though. Good luck for next years competition, your gonna need it." minhyuk said and laughed while going back to his booth. The two elderly left the kids in the center, glaring at one another.


"hey let's make a bet." sooyoung said stepping forward.


"like we would ever make a bet with you. Just because we won, that doesn't mean you could come up with a bet just to win the money from us. Let's go guys we don't need these plastics in our way." Jessica said.


The six girls gasped at what Jessica just called them. Yuri went up to pull jessica's hair but then someone stopped her from doing it. The boys we're surprised by hyoyeon's sudden action.


"I wouldn't do that if I were you............... Run." hyoyeon said while pushing yuri's arms away. The six girls ran away back to their booths.


"thanks hyoyeon, I needed that." Jessica said and patted hyoyeon's back.


"what are friends for." she said and continued to play her PSP.


----------------------------------------


'she's strong too, I think she's the one. I need more information about her first before I take her.' he thought to himself. He walked away from the festival and went back to the house.