Chapter 2

Fate

 

Chapter 2

2 years later

[Hyo’s POV]

I threw off the blanket, ran towards the door, opened it and shouted “It’s the day!” I could hardly contain my excitement. All I could think was that “It’s finally the day! The day has finally arrived!” “Yah! Noona! It’s ONLY five o’ clock! I still need my sleep!”

“Yah! Kim Taemin! It’s all your fault for playing your computer games till 2am in the morning!” But, even my annoying brother could not tame the excitement I felt.

Today was the finals of the biggest dance competition in Seoul. Seoul’s Greatest Dance Battle- SGDB.

“Hyoyeon ah! Taemin ah! We finally have a day of rest and you must start squabbling in the morning of 5pm?!” My Umma shouted with authority.

“Mianhe Umma, Appa! I’m just too excited!” I squealed.

“Kids, go back to sleep please.” Came the voice of Appa.

“Neh.” Both I and Taemin could only obeyed.

10am seem so far away. I lay on my bed, restless. I tossed and turned but I still could not contain the excitement in me. At 7am, I decided to go to Taeyeon’s house. She woke up early and she was one of my best friends, out of my eight sisters. I changed into the outfit I had prepared last night, a red sweater and a pair of black sparkly jeans. After tying my hair into a ponytail, I walked to Taeyeon’s house, a stone’s throw away from mine.

“Taengoo ah. Open the door.” I said as I rang the doorbell. As I entered the house, I saw all of my sisters there-Taeyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Yuri, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Yoona and our maknae, Seohyun. “Surprise!” They shouted. I was at loss for words. “How..did you guys know I was coming here?” Taeyeon ruffled my hair and said “Did you forget I’m the Umma of the group?  C’mon I know all of your characters so well. You always come to me before a competition. Don’t you? Plus, this is the biggest dance competition you have entered. ”

“Well… That’s true. Kumawo, my sisters” I smiled. 

“Unni. Show us your dance for the competition.” Yoong said.

I grinned. “Come to the competition and see me live”

“Unni. Please show us.” Our maknae said with a puppy face.

And soon, everyone of them was doing that, even Taengoo who hated aygeo.

“No.” I said firmly. “I want to make sure All of you will be there.” I added with a smirk.

Jessica spoke up “Aigoo. Hyoyeon ah. Don’t you trust us? We have NEVER missed any of your competition.” “Just show it to us!” My best friend, Sooyoung continued.

“I do trust you. But I want to ‘WOW’ you guys this time! It’s the finals already.” I cooed.

“Guys. Just give her a break. We’ll see what she prepared in another 3 hours time.” Fany said.

“Gamsahamita Fany ah.” giving the mushroom a hug.

“Alright. I’ll wait.” Our Sunny bunny said.

“Aww… But 3 hours is so long away…” Yuri said with pouting lips.

“Too bad. Alright end of topic. Now, can we do something that will distract me from thinking about the competition?” I gave an exasperated look.

All of them nodded, knowing how nervous I always am before any competitions.

 

3 hours later…

We arrived at the venue where the SGDB is held. Outside, there was hundreds of audience waiting to be seated. I left my sisters and went to the backstage to prepare. Immediately after leaving them, the butterflies entered my stomach again. I gulped down some water and tried to concentrate on the 2 other contestants, Hyuna and Kahi. Both of them did not seem to have any worries and were busy doing warm-up moves.  “I should do that too.” I thought. I put down my water and begun flexing my arms when he caught my eye.

He was about seven metres away from me but there was something about him that makes him glow, from head to toe. His black leather jacket fitted him and shows his toned arms. His hair has been styled but you can’t find any sign of the hair products he uses. Every step of his was in confidence. But, one thing was for sure,

He is a Casanova.

From the way he walks and how his eyes keep wandering around looking for his newest prey, you could see that he IS a player. I had absorbed this information within three seconds but, yet, there was something about him that makes me unable to keep my eyes of him. He looks familiar; however, I couldn’t quite place where I have seen him before.

As if sensing he was being looked at, he turned and met my eyes with a grin. I should have looked away, but there was something in his eyes that captivated me. In his eyes, there was confidence; but there was also a streak of sadness that made me curious. “Did he become a Casanova because of that sadness in his eyes?” Normally, he was the kind of guys I totally hated and would not even bother to attend to. But, somewhere in my heart, deep down, there was something about this man that had my gaze locked to his.

When our eyes met, I experienced a never before feeling. Electricity flowed through me and my heart was beating wildly. It was as if the Earth had stopped spinning and Time had stopped just for the two of us. Everyone else faded into the background and all that matters was just me and him.

Yet, I saw his grin turn into a baffled look after meeting my gaze.

I tore my gaze away from him with burning questions inside me. “Who was he? Why did he give me a baffled look? Why had I felt that kind of feelings?” I wanted answers to my questions but I knew there would be none as he walked pass me, giving me one last look. I could feel his stare at me but I didn’t dare to look at him again, in case I felt that weird feeling. Instead, I let him pass by and let myself wonder about him.

[Hyuk’s POV]

As I met her eyes, my confidence disappeared and turn into shock. I thought I never saw her again in my life, that girl, the goddess.

She was the girl I saved from getting two years back.

She looked so different now. Her bruises are gone, making me able to see her more clearly. She was even more stunning now. Even though her hair was tied into a ponytail, there were still some loose strands that hung over her cheekbones. She wore light make-up that highlighted her cheeks and eyelids. The eye shadow only seems to make her eyes bigger and even more define. Her nose was sharp and her lipstick only made her lips glossier.

I was totally captivated by her natural beauty. She was not like any other girls I had known. They put on heavy make-up and wore clothes that have little cloth. The other girls wore mini-skirts and strapless tops but she wore light make-up and her clothes covered most of her body.

The thing was I, Eunhyuk aka Lee Hyukjae wants that girl more than anything. But, I could not afford to get to know her. Not in the circumstances I’m in now. I would just have to let her go.

[No one’s POV]

Once again, Fate had decided to let them pass by each other. Their second meeting ended, with curiosity and shock.

[Hyo’s POV]

I could not stop thinking about the black jacket guy. “Had I fallen for him?” I wondered. But, I knew I should not have looked at him just now. I should have known better. Casanovas are the most heartless guys you could ever know. I knew this because my ex-boyfriend was one. He was Taeyang.

Taeyang was my first boyfriend, and also the first to break my heart. He was one of the best dancers in my school. We were together for five months. But, 2 months into our relationship, he was already with one of my close friend, Min. I couldn’t believe that Min would do this to me. No matter how much she apologized, our friendship was broken so was my relationship with Taeyang.

I was so hurt by what they did. I was such a fool for believing all his sweet-nothings. I was such a fool for not believing Fany when she said she saw Taeyang and Min shopping together. I was such a fool to be played by Taeyang. I was such a fool…

I shook my head, forcing myself to stop thinking about those hurtful memories and focused on preparing for the competition. One of the backstage crew came up and said “The competition is starting soon. Hyuna will be the first to perform, followed by Kahi and lastly, you.” I nodded. “Hyuna and Kahi were Strong opponents.” I thought. “But, too bad for them, ‘cos I’m better!” I grinned giving myself some encouragement.

Soon, it was my turn. Hyuna and Kahi were AMAZING. To make things worse, I was getting more and more nervous. One of the crew members gave me a mike as the MC announced my name. “For our last contestant, we have Kim Hyoyeon aka the dancing queen.” The crowd roared. Slowly, I walked to the stage, each step feeling heavier and heavier. As soon as I got on stage, I scanned the crowd, finding thousands of supporters there. I gulped, wondering if there was some kind of magic potion that would make me invisible if I did something wrong. My confidence grew as I saw my sisters sitting below the stage. They were waving and smiling at me. I smiled back and spoke into the mike. “Annyeong ha sayo. I’m Kim Hyoyeon. Hyuna and Kahi were Awesome but I think I’m going to be the best!” the crowd went wild after hearing my last sentence. I bowed and passed the mike to the MC.

The music begun and my body begin to move automatically. This dance was a combination of Popping, Locking and Hip hop. I perfected every move according to the beat. But, there was so much more than that. Each move was interconnected with the other one. Every move not only has to be flawless, it also has to bring out the soul of the dance. And I, as the dancer must bring it all out.

[Hyuk’s POV]

She walked out to the stage and wows the crowd with her speech. “So, her name was Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon.” I murmured to myself. She was one attractive lady. Her dance was amazing, so was she. She was good at popping and locking, maybe even better than some boys. I couldn’t believe she was the girl I had saved two years ago. While she danced, she was shining because there was where she belonged. She belonged on that stage. And, I realise my heart is beating hard just watching her dance.

It was two years since my heart beated like this for someone.

It was amazing she- Kim Hyoyeon could do this to me. Even I am amazed by her power to make me fall for her…

[Hyo’s POV]

As the song came to an end, I felt happy and sad at the same time. Finally, I showed the world what Kim Hyoyeon, the dancing queen could do. However, it was time to part with this dance that I have been working with for months. But, it was all worth it as I heard the applause the audience had given me. The whole hall was standing up and shouting for an encore. I smiled at my sweet success. Just then, the MC announced to everyone “Looks like we have a winner on our hands! The crowd wasn’t this wild for either Hyuna or Kahi. So, I presume the winner is Miss Kim, am I right, judges?”

 The judges nodded at him and I felt adrenaline pumping through me as the MC announced that I won the competition. I spotted Yoong and Soo jumping up and down at the seats. Tae and Fany were hugging each other tightly. Sica and Sun were high-fiving each other.  Yul was clutching at Seo’s hand while the maknae was waving hard at me, trying to get my attention. I waved back as the MC handed me my trophy. Hyuna and Kahi were congratulating me for winning. I was about to make my speech when I saw him- the Casanova. He was grinning at me like a monkey. It was as if he found out a secret about me… I ignored him and made my speech, thanking everyone for their support.

*************************************

Later~

[Yoong’s POV]

“Unni! I’m so happy you won!” I exclaimed, unable to hide my pride that Hyo unni had beat Hyuna and Kahi. “Kumawo Yoong.” Unni replied with a smile on her face. Everyone was congratulating her for winning the competition.

We were making our way out to a restaurant to celebrate the happy occasion when I noticed Hyoyeon unni’s change in expression as we passed a man in black leather jacket. She was looking at the man with a weird expression like she was trying to figure out something. I nudged her and asked “Unni, do you know that man? Why are you looking at him with such a weird expression?” Hyo unni seem embarrassed, it was like I found out the secret she had been hiding. She blushed and said “No. I have no idea who he is.” Then, she turned and started talking to Seohyun.

I caught Yuri’s eyes and I knew she has witnessed what just happened. I turned and caught the black leather man staring at Hyo unni’s back view. I was curious to find out who he was but it didn’t seem like an appropriate timing when everyone was so elated about the win. So, I decided to let the topic pass.

That topic never came up again. 

A/N: Thanks to may_vk for being the first subscriber here! :D