Chapter 10

Fate

 

Chapter 10

[Hyoyeon’s POV]

“Yah, tigress. I want you to take these files and rearrange all the papers inside, according to their date and make sure you get them done by 2 hours.” The monkey ordered.

I stared at the pile of files on his table. It was at the very least, 50 cm tall. And, he wants me to get them done within 2 hours? That monkey has officially gone crazy. Those papers were so old already, so yellowish and easy to tear. He’s just out to irritate the hell out of me. I’m 1oo percent sure that he doesn’t need them at all!

“No.” I rejected him flat out right. There was no way I’m going to make myself miserable again by listening to him.

“Excuse me?”

“I said no.” I repeated my answer.

He looked at me with amusement in his eyes and an evil smile crept onto his lips.

[Eunhyuk’s POV]

Yes! Finally! I had been waiting for this moment for so long! She finally burst! All I had been doing all along was just to . I was trying to test how far her patience can go. I guess a week is enough?

I walked over to her and smirked.

“For your information, Kim Hyoyeon. I’m your boss. You do what I say, got it?”

I saw her eyes narrow at me and she glared at me. I could see her contemplating her next move. Her hands clenched into a fist and her eyebrows furrowed together. Suddenly, she slammed her two hands on the desk and clenched her jaw tightly, glaring at me.

“Fine.”

It was so hard not to chuckle at her expression; I had to bite my lips to keep my composure. After making sure I wasn’t going to laugh or do anything that’s going to keep me from torturing her, I put on a gummy smile saying “Good.”

I then sat back on my chair and start twirling my blue fountain pen. Seeing her not moving at all, I decided to test her patience once more.

“Are your legs rooted to the ground? Or do you want to just stare at my handsome face all day long?” I smirked. “Just to let you know, the clock is ticking~” I said in a sing-song voice.

She her heels and walked away from me. As she went out of the doors, she slammed it harshly.

She was definitely furious.

Let’s just see how long she can take my tricks.

2 hours later~

[Eunhyuk’s POV]

I was on my phone with a client when Hyoyeon slammed the files on my table with a loud ‘bang’. I almost jumped out of my chair, but managed to look calm. I motioned for her to wait while I continued my call with my client.

As I hung up the phone, I find myself being stared at by one furious pair of eyes. The sides of my lips found its way up once again and a smirk was plastered on my face. Somehow, her anger was like challenging me to see when she would blow up. It was intriguing, at least to me, to see what she was like when she was angry.

Hyoyeon was like a puzzle to me, a jigsaw I want to piece together, and a present I can’t wait to open. I can’t help but feel attracted to her every movement. Even though she had fury in her eyes, it doesn’t make me afraid, but instead, I want to get to know her more.

I want to know what makes her tick. I want to know what makes her happy. I want to know what makes her sad.

I want to know everything about her.

Oh god, I think I’ve fallen hard for you, Kim Hyoyeon.

I snapped out of my feelings about her and decided to pull one last trick on her. One that I’m pretty sure will make her blow. I faked a stretch and yawned.

“Ahhhhh~ I’m so tired. Oh, I know it! Hyoyeon ah, massage my neck for me. It’s so tiring to work all day long.”

I saw her face change into a murderous look. I gulped, wondering if I had made the right choice by asking her to massage my neck. ‘What if she took the chance to strangle me to death? Oh my god! What do I do?’ I panicked mentally, of course not showing it on my face.

But, luckily for me, she decided she had enough at that moment and slammed her hands once again, on my glass table.  

“YAH! YOU PABO MONKEY! DO I LOOK LIKE A MAID TO YOU?! YOU’RE JUST OUT TO TEASE ME AREN’T YOU?! YAH! I HAD ENOUGH! I QUIT! GET YOURSELF ANOTHER SECRETARY!” Hyoyeon screamed in my face and turned towards the door, opening it.

[No one’s POV]

Eunhyuk, of course, couldn’t let the lady of his heart walked out on him like this. He rushed over to her and slammed the door back to its original position. He caught Hyoyeon’s wrist, causing the lady to turn and faced him eye to eye.

In her eyes, there were only fury and anger. While, his contained amusement and teasing.

“WHAT?! DID YOU NOT HAVE ENOUGH FUN YET?!” The younger lady yelled once again, mistaking the boy’s action for teasing instead of his original intention of wanting her to stay.

Suddenly, he caught her in his arms and hugged her tightly. Shocked by his abnormal action, her eyes turned wide and her body stiffened. They stayed in this position for awhile before she snapped back to reality and feebly tried to push him away.

“Y-yah. W-w-wh-what are y- y-you d-doing?” Words that were meant to come out strong and harsh, instead came out like a whisper. Her hands, meant to push him away were just like feathers against his rock hard body.

It wasn’t the shock that had her acting like this. It was the electricity flowing through her that had her stunned. She had hugged her ex-boyfriend a thousand and million times, but none had her so…weak and vulnerable. Gone was the tough Kim Hyoyeon, in its place, was a vulnerable young girl. What’s more was the point that he, Lee HyukJae, wasn’t even her boyfriend

While on the other hand, his face was also stunned and surprised by his own actions. He didn’t know why he acted like that. Neither did he know why he had this sudden urge to hug her. All he knew was that he likes this… way too much for his liking.

He liked how her body fits against his like a perfect puzzle piece. He liked how her hair smells so fragrant. He liked how his hands rested on her tiny waist. Most of all, he likes the fact that he was holding her.

They stood there for God knows how long, and none spoke after Hyoyeon’s weak sentence. She couldn’t speak. She wanted to, but no sound would project out of . He could speak. But, he didn’t want to. Not yet. He wanted to savor the moment for awhile before he spoke. He was afraid that the moment he spoke, this dream like moment would be spoiled and gone.

But, of course, time flies by and soon, his voice came out almost like a tease to her.

“What a difference you have become huh. Five years back, you weren’t this fierce, were you?”

Immediately, as he expected, she let go and stared at him.

“Five years ago?” 

 

A/N: Yay!~ :D Finally an update~ xD Sorry, I just can't write fluff... it took me so long >.< I lost my inspiration for awhile :/ 

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^^ OMO Is Hyukkie going to reveal everything? xDDD 

No replies this chapter sorry. Going out soon! ^^ 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3