Chapter 21

Fate

 

Chapter 21

[Author’s POV]

Over at the end of the line was a lady in her 20s who was staring at her phone in disbelief. Surrounding the young lady was seven more ladies, who had similar expressions on their faces too. None of them could believe what their close friend had said, what’s more, in a tone so harsh.

The eight of them had been waiting for the last lady to arrive at the house of the oldest for their rare sleepover since 9pm. The lady had been so excited for the party that her friends were so worried when she didn’t turn up by 10pm. All of them had expected to turn up at least half an hour earlier; but when she didn’t, they had thought she was caught up by work or the traffic.

However, when 10pm struck, they started to call her, only to hear the sound of the dial tone. Some send tons of messages while others called her after one call ended. Finally, when she had picked up at the call of Tiffany, they were prepared to chide the young lady for her tardiness.

Only to have the most unexpected situation happening.

Her growling at them and then hanging up the phone.

“What do we do now?” The second youngest out of them, Im Yoona asked, her beautiful face scrunched up- a sign that she was upset.

“Go to where she is.” The fourth youngest, Kwon Yuri answered with her poker face, though if one knew her, you could see the worriedness in her eyes.

“Where she is?” The second oldest, Jessica Jung, questioned, slightly confused.

“But, we don’t even know where she is!” Frustrated, the shortest out of them, Sunny shouted.

“She’s at the dance studio.” The tallest and the youngest both answered at the same time. Choi Sooyoung and Seo Joohyun were the closer ones to the girl and had guessed correctly where the lady was through the phone call.

“The music!” The oldest, Kim Taeyeon and the fourth oldest, Tiffany Hwang of the group shouted at the same time, finally getting why Sooyoung and Seohyun knew she was at the dance studio.

An hour and a half later, the eight girls arrived at the dance studio. From the outside, all they could hear was the loud booming of the music. Slowly, Sooyoung put her hands on the doorknob and twist it quietly.

The door swung open slightly but they couldn’t see a thing at all. The lights in the room were dimmed and there was no sound of movement at all. The ladies then proceeded into the room while Yoona went to switch on the lights, giving the full lighting they needed.

As the lights went on, Taeyeon let out a gasp. Everyone turned, putting their whole attention on their oldest sister.

Hyoyeon ah!”

Without even caring about the rest, Taeyeon ran towards her vision of sight and hugged her sister who was curled up into a ball on the floor. The others, seeing Taeyeon’s actions, wanted to follow suit but was stopped by Sunny who motioned for them to leave the room, letting Taeyeon comfort Hyoyeon.

As the others made their way out of the room, Taeyeon called out to Hyoyeon once more.

“Hyoyeon?”

Slowly, the younger lady looked up with tears streaks running down her cheeks, her nose red from the crying and her lips slightly bleeding from the over biting.

“Why…” Hyoyeon couldn’t even finish her words before her voice cracked, sending a fresh wave of tears down her cheeks.

Emotions choked her as she met eyes with Taeyeon. Seeing one of her best friends here just had Hyoyeon breaking down every single wall of protection and denial she had set to protect her from the pain of the news.

“It’s okay, Hyo. It’s okay. Ssh, don’t cry. It’s okay.”

Without any questions, Taeyeon held her younger sister and comforted her. Without her knowing, tears welled up in her eyes but she kept it in, no matter how much they threatened to drop from her dark orbs.

Taeyeon treated every single one of her sisters as her own children and seeing one of them so heartbroken, pierced Taeyeon’s heart deeply. She didn’t like anyone of them hurt especially Hyoyeon and Yoona.

Hyoyeon had the habit to keep things to herself and despite her cheerful appearance; Taeyeon knew how weak she was inside. Yoona didn’t keep things to herself but she had her strong, cheerful image and she was so kind, often being used for the happiness of others.

Taeyeon hated seeing both of them hurt, heck; she hated seeing every single one of them hurt. She would give anything to protect them from any kind of harm, and wished more than often that the harm would be inflicted on her instead of them.

But, nothing was said as Taeyeon held Hyoyeon tightly, giving the younger girl the comfort she needed. 

 

A/N: Double update! :D Keke~ ^^ 

Hope you guys enjoyed the suprise and welcome to the new readers~ :D 

No replies this chapter, sorry :/ 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3