Chapter 23

Fate

 

Chapter 23

[Author’s POV]

It hadn’t been a lie when the ordeal was set to test the ties that lay amongst all of them.

Hwang Tiffany.

Lee Hyuk Jae.

And, most importantly, Kim Hyoyeon.

The dance studio that once held silence and comfort turned into one of chaos. Curses left lips at the same time where words filled with worry did. Tears slid down cheeks at the same time where thumbs brushed across them. The once melodious music playing from the speakers was replaced by sorrowful music coming from the throats of the ladies.

The moment the words left Hyoyeon’s lips, the wall set against Tiffany formed around Hyoyeon’s heart. It wasn’t that Hyoyeon hated Tiffany; she knew that the older girl had nothing to do with this, but she just didn’t and couldn’t say anything to Tiffany.

Suddenly, the dance studio settled into silence again. But, of one filled with tension.

Tiffany was walking towards Hyoyeon, slowly, as if each step took a great deal of effort. Which was the exact case. Every single step made towards her friend required courage and calmness. Something that Tiffany found lacking a lot right now. The very moment where she needs it the most.

And, just like that, Tiffany stopped.

So did the hearts of the other seven ladies who were watching the scene intensely.

Don’t. Tiffany, just please don’t.”

Even before Tiffany could say anything or even just let out a breath, Hyoyeon had flinched and said those words. Tiffany had moved 10 steps to move towards the younger girl, but all it took was for Hyoyeon to move back one step to break her heart.

“Hyoyeon, I-“

“DON’T! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE! I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU! DON’T TALK TO ME! DON’T! Please… Just don’t

Hyoyeon’s screams turned into pleads as tears trailed down her cheeks once more. Her heart hurt and she knew her words hurt Tiffany just as much as it had hurt her to say them. But, when Tiffany spoke, she just couldn’t keep them in anymore.

All she wanted was to just wake up from this nightmare. She wanted to go back to yesterday night where she had been spending the night with Hyuk Jae with sweet words and those unnecessary skinships. How she would have loved to experience those skinships again.

Because right now, she wanted nothing more than to stop hurting.

Because it really hurts to have your best friend getting engaged to the love of your life

 

A/N: Another short update. I'm nearing the end of this fic in less than 10 chapters.. Is this good or bad? I can't seem to let this fic go.. LOL. My very first fic~ 

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this chapter though, it's not a 'nice' one. >.< 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3