Chapter 1

Fate

 

Chapter 1

 

Five years ago...

 

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. "Whew! Finally done!" She smiled to the lady in the mirror. In the dance room sat a lady wiped out from her dancing. That lady was no amateur in dancing, she had taken up dancing since she was young. From Ballet to Hip Hop to Popping and Locking. She wore an Orange sweater that said 'Challenge me IF you dare' She had a devil smile with big twinkly eyes that shone.

 

She was Kim Hyo Yeon.

 

[Hyo's POV]

'You better run run run run run

Deoneun mot bwa geodeocha jullae

You better run run run run run

Nal butjabado gwanshim ggeodullae hey'

 

My phone rang.

"Yobuseyo."

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon! Do you know what time it is now?!"

I glanced up at the clock-10.30pm. I jumped up, nearly knocking into the mirror.

"Mianhe,ah! Sooyoungie! You know how I forgets the time when I'm practicing! Mianhe! Besides, Umma and Appa are overseas, so no one is nagging at me to go home." I added, hoping my best friend, Sooyoung would forgive me.

"Aish... Forget it. You better go home straight and forget about coming here already since it's so late already!" She chided. "Oh and you owe me a meal for forgetting our date!"

"Neh. Mianhe ah yeobo!" With that, I hung up and hit myself on the forehead. "Aish! Why do I always forget about our dates?" Frustrated with myself, I picked up my bag, hit the lights and went out of the room.

 

I decided to take the shortcut in the alley as my stomach was growling with hunger. I was halfway inside the alley when my 'danger radar' turn to full alert. I quicken my pace, sensing danger lurking around. "Hey young lady. Where are you going to? Wanna go play with us?" I ignore that comment and ran quickly to the end of the alley. But, those gangsters caught up with me and stood in front of me with cross arms and evil grins. "What do you guys want?" I boldly asked, trying to hide the fear in my voice. A man with a dragon's tattoo came up to me and lifted my chin saying "You. Pretty babe." I shuddered at his touch and fling away his hand. I shouted, "Don't you dare touch me!" He snickered and turn back to his mates. "Looks like we got a wild one on our hands." One of his mates pipes up "Hey dude. I like wild." , with a smirk on his face.

 

Mean while, I took a step back, spun around and started sprinting to the other end of the alley, where I started. "She's getting away!" I heard footsteps behind me and ran like never before. Just as I was reaching the end, a hand caught my shoulder and shoved me hard onto the ground. I hit my head and felt giddy. "I'm doomed." I thought. "But, Kim Hyoyeon never goes down without a fight!" I kicked and screamed as loud as I could. I thought I hit one guy in a his face as cursing words filled the air. But, I was only a girl and there was four of them, technically, with one down. Those monsters attacked me as soon as they got hold of me.

 

I was grabbed, pushed, pulled and slapped at. Then, I lost conscious.

 

[Hyuk's POV]

I opened the windows in my silver Volvo, listening to 'What hurts the most' by Rascal Flatts. Today, officially became the worst day of my life.

 

My heart was broken...

 

Badly...

 

I thought I knew who she was. I thought she was the love of my life, my other part. I never knew she was so heartless, so realistic. She was so different from who I thought she was. She was pure, kind and cheerful when she was with me, but behind my back, she

turned into a heartless, heinous and evil person. I was lost in my own thoughts, sinking into my world of miseries.

 

My thoughts were interrupted by a scream as I passed by an alley. Something was wrong, I could feel it. The bad vibe persisted, making it impossible to ignore it. I stepped on the break and the car screeched to a halt. I jumped out of the car and headed for the alley.

 

"Oh my god..." On the ground, there lay a beautiful lady unconscious. She was like a goddess waiting for me to arrive. I tore myself away from the unrealistic scene and went back to the real world. "What happened!!!" That lady was being by five men. "Yah! What are doing?!" I said, with authority in my voice. One of the idiots looked up "Look what we have here, a moron who wants to be the hero." He bellowed loudly with a smirk. I felt the sides of my mouth, lifting up to form a smile. Those bastards were obviously drunk. "They should be easy to beat." I thought, "My years of karate training is going to pay off."

 

I hit the man who had talked to me. He collapsed. His mates came up and attempted to hit me in the face. I easily dodge and karate-chop the guy in the stomach and kicked another in the chest. I grabbed another one by the shoulder and hit him in the face. "4 down, 1 to go." The last one, which I assume is the leader because of the way he spat on the others saying "Good for nothings!" I was looking at those who have collapsed when the leader hit me in the face, catching me off guard. I was fuming at myself for allowing that bastards to catch me off guard and he and his mates for that poor, innocent lady. I started punching and kicking the bastard vigorously. Suddenly, I heard a gasp "Stop..You...are...killing...him..." I turned around to see the lady awoken and speaking to me. I turned back and saw the guy in my hands. He was bleeding profusely and immediately, I let go of him. I could not believe what I had done. "Mianhe. I didn't mean to do this." I said to the man. However, I was not sorry to bring him the hospital.

 

Then, I rushed to the lady's side and carried to my car. She was in terrible shape. The sides of were bleeding. Her whole body was covered in bruises. Her shirt was torn and she was trembling. I murmured "Don't worry. I won't hurt you." I laid her gently against the car seat and drove her to my house since I have no idea where she lives.

 

[Hyo's POV]

I drifted in and out of conscious. When I was awake, I could feel those monsters attacking me. No matter how much I struggled, they were still stronger. I did everything I could. I begged, I struggled, I fought and even threatened. But, nothing work on those beasts! I really felt doomed as I close my eyelids. Just as I was about to lose conscious yet again, I heard a "Oh my god...", but opening my eyes seems too difficult to be done. I heard voices but none that I could identified. Then, my head started spinning again and I went out cold.

 

When I was awake, I was greeted by an horrifying scene. Four of the rapists were on the ground. I turned and saw my saver. I could not make out what he looked like in the dark. But, I could see his toned body and the muscles in his arms while he was beating... Oh my god! Even in the dark, I could make out my saver beating someone and that someone was dying! I mustered up all my strength and stammered "Stop..You...are...killing...him..." My saver looked over at me, then the guy is his hand and he let him go. Then, I lost conscious again.

 

I felt myself in someone's arms but somehow, I felt safe and secure here. My instincts told me I could trust this person and I did. He spoke but his voice sounded so far away. I could only hear "Won't hurt you." And, I really passed out this time.

 

[Hyuk's POV]

I lay her on the bed and treated her wounds carefully. Since I always get into fights when I was young, treating wounds were considered my 'specialty'. I heard her whimpered as I put on the medication. I gently coaxed her saying "Don't worry. Nobody is going to hurt you." I gently brushed away her hair and saw her beautiful face. I could not believe those people would want to hurt an innocent girl like her. After treating to her wounds, I carefully pulled the blanket over her and went into the living room.

 

 

Half an hour later, the nightmare begun. I was sound asleep when I heard screaming. I threw off my blanket and rushed into the room. She was hugging her knees and sobbing loudly. I hugged her and hushed her. Finally, she stop crying and went back to sleep. I staggered back into the living room, completely wiped out. But, two thoughts were stuck in my head. "Why am I so good to her? So protective of her... My heart was just broken a few hours ago, yet here I am worrying about her... And why does she seem so trusting of me? I thought she would scream when I hug her but instead she just snuggled closer against me. I wonder why..."

 

The next morning...

 

[Hyo's POV]

I woke up, finding myself in someone else's bedroom. While I was wondering where and why I was here, I stretched my arms. Pain attacked me and memories came flooding back. I was almost last night ans was saved by someone. "So, this is his room..." I murmured. I wandered out into the living room and saw a plate of pancakes, beside the pancakes was a note saying "Anyeong ha sayo. I'm off to work already and I won't be back until 8pm. There's a key on the table. After you finish your breakfast, you can let yourself out. Place the keys under the pot of plants outside. If you want to stay here, it's fine with me. Who would want to reject a pretty girl? xD From, Your saver"

 

After finishing the delicious breakfast and washing up, I went back to the bedroom and checked my phone. '17 missed calls from Sooyoung and 20 missed calls from Taemin,my younger brother.' "Oh crap!" I said to myself. I immediately changed back into my clothes and borrow a jacket from my saver as my clothes were torn and went home to explain the situation to Sooyoung and Teamin; leaving my saver's house without knowing who he is.

 

I tried going back to his house to find out who he was and return his jacket. But, he was always not there. Three months later, he moved house, so I never really find out who his was until... 

Comment and subscribe please! :D