Nine

Puzzle Pieces (Unfortunate Events Sequel)

 

The idea of her and Jiyong alone is not pleasant for her. They don’t really get along well even of she tries to. To add the tension between them, the kiss thing happened. As much as she objects Seunghyun’s suggestion she can’t do nothing but agree.

 

For the second time, she wanted to visit the cemetery from where Seunghyun had a photo shoot where happens to be the place she met Jiyong for the first time. At first she was just curious at how it always haunts her in her dreams that almost got her insane. Now, it’s not just curiosity, for a long time she’s been dreading to write a good novel, and it is her chance since her editor has approved her drafts. And that place, she needs to know more a bout it for her story.

 

Seunghyun knows that she becomes vulnerable when she’s alone in a strange place much more that her nightmares are coming back recently. And they are far worse from what she had during her lowest years. It is embarrassing for her to think that what she writes are dark stories. And she’s a scaredy cat.

 

It is very awkward around Jiyong for her but on the positive note she learned that that province is Jiyong’s province so she is a bit thankful knowing that he knows the place. Also she can roam around without having the hassle of asking the locals there.

 

####

 

It has been hours since I’ve been driving the car. It’s also an hour ago since I last opened my mouth; that is talking rather arguing with Seunghuyn.

 

The atmosphere is filled with tension. From time to time I would glance at her. And every time I am caught, she’d awkwardly smile at me. It’s so frustrating.

 

“You can sleep if you want.” I offered.

“Oh, I am fine. I wanted to have a feel of the view.” she answered without looking back.

“Do you want to eat?” I offered again tired of the deafening silence.

She looked back at me. “Are you hungry?” she answered back in a question.

“Not that much. How about you?”

“I bought some snacks with me. Do you want some?” she then started fishing something out of her enormous bag pack.

“Wow you’re prepared.” I joked.

With that she sheepishly smiled. “Yeah.”

 

The mood lightened up a bit after that. Or maybe because we are both busy munching our food. At first she tried to help me with my food but it helplessly fell down so I helped myself a bit guilty of making her embarrass again. For the second time she helped me with opening the drink for me and luckily, she succeeded with it.

 

After another three hours of silent driving with some awkward small talks, we have finally arrived at our destination. We stopped at my house so I could park my car and also leave some heavy things that she bought along. I’m thinking maybe their all foods and stuffs.

 

“Ji. You’re home!” it’s my older sister, Dami.

“Wow.” was all I said amazed that she’s home when I thought she is having a cosy time with my parents abroad. “You should have called, picked you up at the airport at least, pa and ma with you?”

“You’re busy. I’m alone.” then I thought she looked weird. As soon as I followed her line of sight I realized I haven’t introduced Dara yet. Dara on the other hand is looking at me rather puzzled and appalled I’m thinking that it is by the way Dami looks at her.

“San...” I’m interrupted before I even finished introducing her.

“Wow! It’s her!” Dami exclaimed to my horror.

“It’s her.” I heard Dara mouthed quizzically.

I immediately gave Dami a hug in case of emergency and that she might blurt out something ridiculous and unspeakable.

“She’s Sandy. Seunghyun’s gi— friend.” I eyed Dami before continuing, “Sandy, it’s Dami, my older sister.”

“Sandy?” Dami looked rather confused.

“Nice to meet you.”

Dami scratched her head looking at me again as if asking a question. So I supplied an answer needed before further embarrassment and confusion, “Yeah Sandy. She’s a writer, and it happens that she’s going to need to study our place for reference and I’m going to tour her around.”

“Ah~ your band mate’s friend.” Dami raised her brows. I just gave her a smile and a loud big, “YES.”