Thirteen

Puzzle Pieces (Unfortunate Events Sequel)

 

“Why are you hiding?” she got started from the voice. She has been hiding under the hospital bed for a long time already and she was not aware that she has been found out.

 

She looked back and glared at the person who found her out. She went out from hiding and run outside hospital.

 

“Yoo Ah In! You liar!” she shouted. She kicked the stone blocking her way as strong as she could.  She felt crazy. All she wanted to do is to just die. Everyone around her despises her. She has no one to support her anymore without Ah In.

 

She assumes that everyone sees her as a murderer. As a nuisance. She blames herself for the death of Mr. Lee, Yeon Hee and even the sudden death of So Eun. She hated herself. She loathed herself.

 

Everything came coming back to her again, a month ago after she wake up from the accident while running away from madman of a step father Yeon Hee has.  She has been hit by a car. She got the most injury while So Eun has been lucky enough to gain a few bruises but died due to cancer complications.

 

Just then when she believed she should just have died, but she woke up. And the very thing that she heard upon opening her eyes was her father arguing with Yeon Hee’s mother.

 

“How can that be!? That child’s mother, she stole my husband while she’s alive, and then she is not satisfied yet, it’s like her mother sent her so she can steal my husband even in death. That child is a curse! She killed my husband. And because of her friend my Yeon Hee died too! She should die.”

“Keep your voice down!”

“You shouldn’t have adopted her just because she is your cousin’s daughter. That child, just like her mother is a curse.”

“Don’t spout nonsense. That child is a good child.”

“That child a good child! At such a young age, she already knows how to flirt just like her mother! And look at her friend that So Eun, she died too! It’s all because of her!”

 

She closed her eyes. Her father did not even defend her further. Also she accidentally knew the reason why she is not welcome in that house. She doesn’t belong there. Her tears fall realizing, she is adopted. She is a curse. A murderer.

 

“If you’re frustrated you should have kicked it harder.” it was the same voice again.

She looked back annoyed. “Do you want to die.” she glared.

“I just survived why would I want to die?” the boy answered. “Jaejoong. You are?”

 

She looked at him awed. His eyes are beautiful. Very warm. And it’s the first time she has ever seen as mesmerizing as those eyes. Then she lost it. She screamed so hard and banged hear head on the ground. The next thing she knew she is in an asylum for mental patients and she just gained herself the most rewarding thing for her case, selected amnesia.

 

Ah In rushed back to the country upon hearing about it. While the guy named Jaejoong kept on visiting her. They both cared for her, but they would often argue. Then Ah In left but still kept in touch by calling her from time to time.

 

Jaejoong, the guy with the most mesmerizing dark eyes helped her to become sane again. And she did. She also fell in love. Then he left.

 

At present, she is losing it again because Jiyong accidentally brought back all those bad memories. At the right time, she found herself wrapped around the arms of the guy with the most mesmerizing dark eyes. However, she don’t feel like returning to become sane again just like before.  

 

####

 

Dara has been in the hospital for weeks. I felt responsible for what happened. It’s only then I realize what actually happened. Both Seunghyun and I were shock.

 

I broke up with Yoona. It’s not actually a break up but just simply ending our regular dates and continues on just being friends. And I felt relieved that she is cool with it.

 

I still can’t find the courage to visit Dara. I heard that she has been worse from before. Everytime I remember it, I felt like punching myself for causing her to be like that. I shouldn’t have interrupted. That I should just let her forget it. So she could still continue. Even though my heart is torn apart that its not me beside her but Jaejoong, that guy, urgh, just thinking about him and his call! I still hope that he will come to help her just like how he helped Dara before. And I promise if ever she becomes normal again, I’ll never appear in her life again. Maybe I can endure watching in the sideway. Just like before. Just like always. Just looking at her. It’s better than not seeing her bright smile. 

 

“Hey!” it’s Ah In.

“Hey.”

“So I heard. You’re not going to visit? It’s partly your fault you know.”

“Ah, that. Just busy.” I lied.

“I see. You’ve become a bastard since you’ve become famous.”

“I’m really busy.” I clenched my fist.

“Really. Then how about Seunghyun, Bigbang’s TOP? He is kind of visiting every other day.”

“Fine. I’m not ready to face her yet.” I resigned.

“Be sure to visit. Looking at you you’re still her poet.” he gave me a light punch in the shoulder then he added, “I’ll be leaving  the country again, hope you’ll take responsibility, you know for remembering her it again. I’ll be back fast. I’ll be keeping my eye on you.” then he is gone.