Six

Puzzle Pieces (Unfortunate Events Sequel)

 

It’s already dark but he is still there. Begging her. Asking for a second chance. She wanted to run to him. Hug him. Just like how he’d hug him when she is frightened. But she restrained herself. She knows she will hurt him more if she keeps him by her side. She knows she can’t be selfish. From the beginning he knows that friendship is all she can offer. However it became obvious to her that he wants more. She tried. Tried so hard but she kept liking the other, worse when slowly the pain is ebbing away, she found herself thinking about a certain guy. And she hates herself for it.   

 

####

 

There are no stars on the sky. The moon is hidden by the clouds. There is nothing to look up at the sky. But Yoona is enjoying the scenery from my top down car. She is so lovely. And I am one hell of a lucky guy for having her as my date tonight. I am nagging myself those thoughts. To refrain myself from thinking of Seunghyun and Sandy.

 

Seunghyun became impossible. And Sandy, the cold hearted lady, refuses Seunghyun so hard that she even left Seoul. That girl!

 

“You’re in deep thoughts.” Yoona noticed.

I smiled at her. “I’m lucky.”

“Why?”

“Yoona is with me.”

 

She chuckled. So pretty. So warm. Whatever she do is pretty. The way she fix her hair. The way she open her lips. So graceful. Unlike DARA. Dara is... beautiful. Deadly beautiful. And cold. And I’m thinking of her again...aish!

 

“It’s late. We should go.” she said while looking at her watch.

“Yeah. It’s been a lovely night.”

 

Yoona has long reach her home. I wandered around some more. I parked my car and put on a jacket with big hood to cover my face. I strolled along the once busy street. It’s already late so almost everyone is already resting. And I am thankful for it. I needed to unwind.

 

My feet brought me to a park. I saw a familiar silhouette. I walk toward that person’s direction slowly. I stopped midway and hid myself when I saw another person. Sandy.

 

Sandy is sitting on the swing dressed with thick coat and pajama. While Seunhyun is wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday. He is standing on the sting next to Sandy. Rocking it fast.  

 

“Tabi stop this.”

“I don’t want to.”

“You’re already hurting yourself.”

“Just let me be. Don’t push me can’t you? Let me stay just like before.”

“I... cant... love you..”

“....I don’t care.”

“I care.”

Seunghyun stopped swinging. He then kneeled before Sandy.

“If you do then love me back. If it’s too much, then just let me love you. And stay beside you.”

 

It’s too much for me to hear anymore. The woman is so cold. And I pity hyung. And I hate myself. When I hoped. And when I still think of her. It’s feels like betraying a brother. So I quickly left them.

 

When I am alone in my car, I tasted a salty liquid coming from my cheeks. I sighed and dialled a number.

“Have a good night babe.” is all I said. Then I heard squeals from the background.