Eight

Puzzle Pieces (Unfortunate Events Sequel)

 

 

She is having a nice chat with Seunghyun. Just then the surrounding became spooky. It became so cold that she trembled. Seughyun wrapped his arms around her. He tried to soothe her however, instead of making her comfortable just like how he always manage to, she became more frightened and started to hiccup.

 

Seunghyun distanced himself from her. She saw some tears b from his eyes. She reached out a hand asking him not to go. He stopped, then surprisingly, when looked back at her, his eyes were different... they looked... for the first time scary. And then he is gone.

 

She cried silently still trembling. Her hiccup slowly disappearing. Only to realize that they stopped because someone’s lips is on hers. Her eyes widen recognizing his face. It was Jiyong.

 

“It stopped.” He spoke mildly.

 

She dared not to reply. He held her hands and led her to another place. She doesn’t know but she followed. They were walking hand in hand. She felt strange feeling comfortable around him and even more amused to find the song he is humming familiar when she doesn’t even heard it yet.

 

Slowly they reached their destination. She grows terrified upon realizing where they are. In a cemetery. The area was full of corpse. Jiyong loosen his grip on her. She looked at him almost pleading. Then she saw him smirk. He traced his fingers along her face. She trembled. She felt as if it already happened. Then Jiyong’s face became blurry. She became dizzy. Her balance faltered. The soil then met her wobble knee. It bruised and blood came rushing fast.  She tried to stop it but it won’t. Still on the ground, she screamed for Jiyong. But he is already gone. To her terror, the place seemed to become red with blood, her own blood gushing from her knee.  

 

She closed her eyes. Then it became warm again.

 

“Still scared?” a warm voice asked her.

 

She opened her eyes. A smile instantly replaced her trembling lips. It was there. Just like before. The warm voice. The soothing smile. And his eyes. The most mesmerizing dark eyes.

“J....” she softly called out his name.

 

“Just dreaming of him and you became cold with sweat?” Seunghyun poked her.

“A dream.” she looked at him. And gave him her best smile.

 

####

 

I hate this day! This is a nightmare. Me myself and I is alone with Sandy. And it is all because of Seunghyun. He asked me to accompany her at my province since he can’t make it (meaning I am a bum and he is such a busy person with all his solo activities) and I have no choice. As usual, I still feel awkward around her. Also, coming back to the province means bringing up memories. And the least person I wanted to be with when I am having a recollection is her.

 

But then I am stuck. And I am with her. I guess I should have gave my best in winning that rock paper scissor game.

 

"Thank you for accompanying me." she smiled at me.

I glanced at her and gave her a small smile.

 

 

*waaah~ it’s been sung a lOOOOOOOOOOOng time since I’ve updated. Sorry. >.< And thanks for the patience.