Castle 29

Crown Prince

 

Prince Jaejoong looks out from the mirror in his room. The view in front he cannot make his heart calm. In his mind, a lot of things come in and out one by one. He thought of almost everything including bad and good things.

Prince Jaejoong tried to remember his first moment with Princess Hana. He smiles when the memory of him carrying Hana when she still a baby. At that time, he was 9 years old but when he looks at Hana, he really wants to protect his baby sister from any harm.

One by one memory when they young came to his mind until the memory of him arguing with Queen Sera today’s morning.

Flashback

“What should I do then…?”

“We cannot do anything, Jae. Just make her happy in the time left.”

Prince Jaejoong shows his non-believes reaction towards Queen Sera’s word.

“So is that means you want to give up on Hana?”

“Not give up, Jae…”

“Then what, Mom? Do you think Hana is a doll? If you cannot stitch it back then you have to throw it.”

“Jae…” Called Quen Sera soft.

“…We cannot do anything. What else we can do to save her? We are not agreed to sacrifice you. Hana also don’t want you to sacrifice for her.”

“You know what, Mom? I’m really disappointed with you. You and Father are no different.”

“Do you think I’m happy with this? Do you think I’m willing to let go my daughter? I have no choice.”

“Of course you have choice, Mom! Do you really wish to kill your daughter for second time?”

“Jae. I will do everything that I can do to save Hana but unfortunately there is nothing that we can do.”

“Mom! Mom! Please…” Prince Jaejoong is half screaming. He closes both his ears with his hand.

“Jae, listen to me. Look at me…” Queen Sera force Prince Jaejoong to face her.

“We are not in the situation that can simply do anything. You have to realize that we are not ordinary people. You are not just Jaejoong. You have a great title in front of your name that you cannot simply throw it away.”

“Mom, please…”

“My Dear Prince Jaejoong…listens to your Mom…if I can give my heart to Hana, I will surely do that before you. If your Father can do that as well, I will surely beg him to save Hana…”

“I can Mom. I will do it willingly.”

“I know…but not you.”

“Why cannot me? Is it because I’m a future King?”

Queen Sera sigh. She looks down. She knows that Prince Jaejoong really hate that fact that he is the future King of the Kingdom.

“But I’m still a human, Mom…I’m still like the others. Why I should be different? I also breathe in the same air with the others. Is that only because I’m the future King? For 28 years, I never once do anything without thinking of my people. Please…only this time I begging you to let me do what I want to do.”

“NO! I will not allow it. You know what means by donating your heart? It’s mean end of your life.”

“Then, do you more willing to let go of your daughter?”

 “Yes, I do. If that’s the only way I can save my son.”

Queen Sera have to say that in order to let Prince Jaejoong stay out with his decision. Of course her heart is hurt when confess those words. Who’s Mother in this world willing to kill her own child?

Prince Jaejoong not understands the reality. As a mother, she have to make Prince Jaejoong realizes that he cannot do anything as he thought. For Prince Jaejoong, the people of the Kingdom should be always in the first place. Not personal and not family.

 

End of Flashback

The flashback disappears when YoungMin called out his name. Prince Jaejoong turns to look at YoungMin.

“YoungMin-ah, what do you think if I give up on Hana?” Ask Prince Jaejoong to YoungMin.

“Sorry, My Lord?” YoungMin feel confuse with that question. He does not know what to answer.

“Should I give up on Hana?” Ask him again. Then suddenly he laughs. But the tears fall off to his cheek. YoungMin felt uneasy but yet he still stands there in silent.

“Is that meaning I will kill her twice?”

“One time…two times…?” Prince Jaejoong shows his 2 fingers to YoungMin.

Prince Jaejoong walk passed YoungMin and the same time he wipes his tears.

“Do you still remember once you had told me how lucky am I to be a Prince and how many people out there want to be me? Do you still remember that?” YoungMin nods to Prince Jaejoong with his head still bow down.

“How much is the price that I should pay so that I can become a normal person like you?” Once again, Prince Jaejoong hit YoungMin with a question that he cannot answer.

“My Lord.”

“Ah…should I pay it with my life?” Prince Jaejoong answer makes YoungMin look at him. He can see the tears flowing at Prince Jaejoong’s eyes.

“I’m sorry, My Lord. I should not say that to you earlier. I really didn’t mean it.”

“Why you have to say sorry, YoungMin? There is nothing that should be sorry for. You did nothing wrong. I’m the one who should say sorry. It’s not only to you but to everyone…especially Hana.”

“Hana…my poor little sister. Now I think that it’s the best if we don’t meet. She should not meet her family that cannot do anything to her at all. Instead, we let her died again.” Prince Jaejoong walks into the bathroom weakly.

 YoungMin just could see Prince Jaejoong in silent. He is speechless. There is no word that can comfort Prince Jaejoong at this moment. YoungMin is still loyal stand there. He knows that Prince Jaejoong need sometimes to calm himself.