random filler crap before something important happens

The Healer's Vision

It was a very different day in the household for the three men. Haerim had been invited to a sleepover, the first that she'd ever been invited to since she'd had to leave the fancy expensive private school and begin going to the public school.

The girls there had not liked her because she had been from a rich family and they all knew who her mother's family was, yet she would come to school every day in rags as if she were mocking them. It seemed that a few new clothes fixed everything for the fickle grade schoolers and Haerim was suddenly accepted one she'd begun to wear the pretty dressed that Jonghun bought for her.

Hongki was nervous at first to let her go, but Jonghun had once again come to her rescue and convinced the overprotective appa to let his daughter go.

So, it had been three hours since Haerim had been dropped off at the house of the little girl the sleepover was at, and now the boys were planning on having a night for themselves.

Jonghun and Minhwan were out getting some snacks and drinks for them all to have while they chilled out and watched television. Hongki had gone back to the apartment after dropping Haerim off so that he could wait for Jonghun and Minhwan's other friends to show up.

Jonghun had warned them before they left that the other three boys were very strange. Hongki didn't really know what to expect when he opened the door.

There was one person standing out there, smiling awkwardly at nothing in particular. Hongki cleared his throat to get the man's attention and he finally turned to look, giving Hongki a confused expression.

Oh..Mianhe, I was looking for Minhwan's place.” he muttered, his voice light. “I thought this was it.”

It is.” Hongki responded. “He and...his boyfriend are out getting snacks right now. I'm Hongki, the new roommate.” He responded, letting the man into the apartment.

I'm Wonbin.” The man intorduced himself, then tilted his head as he processed what Hongki had said. “I didn't know MinHwan had a boyfriend.”

Hongki rose an eyebrow and was about to respond when two more people walked in through the still open door like they owned the place. The taller of the two released his grip on the other man's hand and slipped his shoes off, throwing his jacket over the arm of a chair.

Oh, Wonbinnie.” The other smiled when he saw the man standing with Hongki and hugged him from behind. “Wait..who is this guy?”

Ah..I..I'm..” Hongki stuttered out, about to respond, when he suddenly recognized the man. “Jaejin?”

How do you know my name?” He asked, giving Hongki a curious expression. Then there was a small moment of pause as Jaejin took a closer look at Hongki.

His eyes widened. “Mr. Lee?”

Hongki chuckled a bit, brushing some of his hair out of his face. “It's just Hongki.” He responded.

The other two looked between them curiously and the tall man pouted, walking up and wrapping his arms around Jaejin with a serious expression. “How do you know this man, Yeobo?” He asked. He emphasized the 'yeobo' as if he were letting Hongki know that the man was taken.

This used to be my boss, Hyunnie.” Jaejin responded, turning to smile at the boy, then back to Hongki.

This is your fiance?” Hongki asked, recalling that Jaejin had always told him that he was engaged to get married to a boy. “Seunghyun?”

The both of them were a bit surprised that Hongki had recalled his name, but Hongki had a really good memory, so it wasn't that hard to accomplish. He'd always enjoyed talking to Jaejin about his boyfriend anyways. He hadn't realized he'd liked men at the time, either, but he should have known with as much as he liked to talk about it with the secretary.

Actually, we're married now.” Seunghyun responded, a smile on his face as he looked at the other man.

Before anyone could say anything else about the subject, Wonbin interrupted them by speaking. “Hongki says that Minhwan is out getting food with his boyfriend.”

I didn't know Minhwan had a boyfriend.” Jaejin responded immediately and then looked around. “Where is Jonghun then?”

Hongki gave all of them a confused expression. “That is his boyfriend.”

The statement cause all three of them to burst into uncontrollable laughter. Seunghyun clutched his stomach and leaned against the wall to hold himself up, he was laughing so hard at the statement. Hongki pouted and looked at them as if he'd done something wrong.

It was Jaejin that had first gathered up enough of himself to stop laughing and explain to Hongki why it was so hilarious that he thought Minhwan and Jonghun were dating.

Those two will never be together.” He told Hongki. “Minhwan is hopelessly in love with Jonghun, but Jonghun thinks of Minhwan as his brother.”

They are brothers.” Seunghyun spoke up, making Hongki's eyes widen at the statement. “Sort of, at least. Jonghun was adopted by Minhwan's parents after his passed away.

I thought he lived on his own after that..” Hongki responded, now more confused than ever.

Jaejin nodded and answered as they all eventually found their ways to the living room to sit down. “Minhwan's parents adopted him because at the time he was still underaged. They allowed him to stay on his own until the accident, then Minhwan moved in with him.”

Hongki nodded, trying to absorb all of the information that he was being told. Actually, while they were waiting for the two boys to get back, Hongki learned a lot of things about Minhwan and Jonghun that he hadn't known before. It seemed that the three weird friends were more than happy to share all of the information that they knew about the two of them.