How it happened

The Healer's Vision

Jonghun had been a normal kid before the accident. He was the type of boy that was always trying to do what he could to make his family proud and to be active.

He went to school where he had a group of friends that were constantly surrounding him. He learned his guitar at a young age and spent what time he wasn't working his part time job or at school sitting outside of his aunt's store and playing it.

He had hated when his aunt died. She'd left the store to an ahjushi friend of hers who cared deeply about Jonghun, but he didn't really have anyone without his aunt. His parents had died when he was young and his aunt was the one who had raised him. Luckily, she'd left him enough money to get by.

He was doing well for himself on his own when the accident happened. He had been walking home from the store where he still spent all of his free time playing the guitar and still worked part time.

The light was green for him to walk. He'd looked both directions and seen nothing coming. There was absolutely no reason for him to be concerned as he slung his guitar case over his back and stepped into the street.

He had no idea that a car was going to come flying around the corner and slam into him. His body flew over the car and hit the pavement like a rag doll. The car didn't even slow down. It sped away around another corner as if nothing had happened.

Jonghun's body laid there in the dark, bleeding. No one was around to find him there and he couldn't move. He thought he was going to die there for sure. It was late and he didn't think anyone else would be there until morning.

A ringing noise filled the night. It was his cellphone. It was close to his face, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. Still, he had to try. He forced his body to move, screaming out at the pain as his arm clicked, sliding over the ground in front of him. A rush of adrenaline flowed through him when his hand found the phone and he choked as he sighed out in relief.

After a few tries, his broken fingers pressed onto the answer button and a voice flooded into his ears.

“Jonghun?” he heard Minhwan's voice call through the phone. “Jonghun where are you? You haven't called me today? Jonghun?”

Jonghun coughed, trying to speak.

“Jonghun are you alright?” Minhwan's voice sounded worried.

Jonghun forced out was voice he could to speak, hoping that Minhwan could understand because he only had enough energy to say it once before he passed out. “Help.”

He knew that he could count on Minhwan. The boy had always been there for him no matter what. He knew the boy would find him and that he wouldn't die, and he was right.

Minhwan's first idea to look for Minhwan was to follow his path home from the store and he found him laying on the ground. He called the police and an ambulance came and took him away.

He was in surgery for ten hours as the doctors tried to save his life. His body was broken and the doctors didn't think he would make it. The doctor told Minhwan that Jonghun was probably the luckiest man that he'd ever seen. He shouldn't be alive.

“The doctor said that I was lucky to have come out of that wreck with only the loss of my eyes.” Jonghun finished his story as he leaned against the railing. He turned his face towards Hongki and gave a little smile. “It's all because of Minhwan that I ever survived. I'm really a lucky one.”

Hongki's face was shrouded with an vast amount of shock, many expressions playing over his features and he was glad that Jonghun couldn't see what he looked like at the moment.

“That's a really amazing story.” he told the blind man. He paused for a while as he thought and then looked up at the sky. “You must really love Minhwan, then.”

Jonghun nodded, a small smile playing at his lips. “He's the only person I've got left after my aunt died and I owe him my life.”

Hongki gave a small sighed, one that Jonghun almost didn't notice. Then suddenly he turned to Hongki with a smile. “Can I..see what you look like?” he asked. “I've been curious for a while now.”

“How do you do that?” Hongki asked curiously, broken from his thoughts about Jonghun and Minhwan.

“Hold still.” Jonghun nearly whispered. He turned and took a step closer to Hongki, their bodies nearly touching. He brought his hand up and brushed his fingers over Hongki's cheek.

Hongki's entire body froze as the other man's fingers brushed lightly over his face, feeling his features. Every touch was like fire on his skin and he was sure that he was blushing. Jonghun's eyes were open and seemed to be looking straight at Hongki. It was fascinating to look into them, the clouded over irises that had once clearly been such a beautiful shade of brown.

“You're...beautiful.” Jonghun whispered after a long moment of silence, drawing his hands back from Hongki's face.


So I know I blogged that I wouldn't update, but since this is such a sad chapter and I actually had some time, I got it done. I know it's still a little short, but I like the way it turned out for now so haters can it. Hopefully I'll still feel like doing more later, but for now I have to go do laundry and later I need to buy diapers.