guys. I freaking found the inspiration for this story again!

The Healer's Vision

Hongki sat in his room, curled up into himself. Why did he have to tell Jonghun the truth about Wonbin and him? Now the man thought that he was a player.

It had all been Minhwan's fault, Hongki had finally decided. If the boy hadn't have shown up at just that moment and twisted everything into sounding worse than it had been, then Jonghun wouldn't have looked so disgusted with him when he walked back into the house and into the room that he shared with Minhwan.

Hongki had to admit that it was partly his fault as well. Not only had he messed up with Wonbin, but he had allowed himself to be into Minhwan's trap and answer all of his questions with answers that just made him look back.

He felt sick with himself, for more ways than one now.

He didn't even try to stop the tears when they started. He cried so much lately that he was surprised there were even still tears left. Clutching at his heart, he sobbed, trying to grab the edges of the hole that had ripped his chest open and pull them back together.

He felt it hard to breathe, even with the window a few feet from him standing wide open. He could see the moon from inside his room and wiped his tears, sitting up on his bed.

He remembered how he had used to sit up at night with Haerim and look at the stars. The little girl had always been interested in the stars. When Hongki was still with her mother, they had bought her a telescope and use to go up on the roof with her to look at the stars together.

Hongki wiped the new tears, standing up and sniffling. He staggered as he walked, not drunk, but too dizzy with sadness and pain to walk properly. He didn't stop until his hands landed on the edges of the windowsill.

He leaned out of the open window to get a better view at the night sky. He took a deep breath and smiled through the tears.

The tears on his cheeks were cooled by the night air as it blew over his damp face. He pulled the hair sticking to his cheeks back and tucked his behind his ear. He sighed again, finding he did that a lot lately.

Looking out at the sky, he thought about everything that had happened to him in the past few years. He had lost everything.

His beautiful wife that he'd thought he'd loved for so long had disappeared, leaving him by himself. He had lost her to someone else when he had thought that everything was going perfectly between them.

Losing her had done a lot of damage to Hongki. He had never really thought about his life or his relationships until she had left him. He'd spent a long time wondering if he should try to find Haerim another mother. Children needed their parents, but the woman wanted nothing to do with the little girl after the divorce.

Ha Yul had turned into a completely different person when she had left Hongki. The kind, compassionate, and caring woman Hongki had fallen in love with had turned into some kind of monster. She had always loved her daughter, she had always done her best to work through any problem they ever had in their relationship, and things suddenly changed so drastically that it had left Hongki's head spinning.

Losing his wife had also meant losing the job that her father had given him. He hadn't been able to get a good job since then and he had to raise his daughter paycheck to paycheck, sometimes carely having enough food to feed the two of them.

It had been hard times, but Haerim was all that Hongki had left. The two of them were all they had left in the world. That was, until Hongki had first seen Jonghun playing his guitar on the side of the street.

He hadn't known then that the man was blind, when he had first seen him. He had just been walking to the store with Haerim to get some food. He had just gotten paid, so he had promised her that they could get a little meat instead of just the instant ramyun they had been eating for the past week. He had seen Jonghun then, picking a tune on his guitar that completely stunned Hongki.

At the time, the song didn't have any words, Jonghun simply hummed along while he played, allowing people to toss money into his guitar case. Later on, Hongki learned the words to that song and eventually he had sung it on the street with Jonghun one day.

Losing Jonghun had been hard on him. Even though the two of them had never had anything, they had never been in a relationship, it had hurt Hongki a lot when he'd walked in on Minhwan and Jonghun. A one-sided love would always hurt someone, and Hongki was the on the side of this one that got him hurt.

He had been able to survive that, though. He could survive anything as long as he had his daughter by his side, but then she had been taken too. Everything had been taken from him and Hongki didn't even know how to handle it anymore.

His hands were shaking as he braced himself on the windowsill, changing his gaze from staring up at the stars that Haerim had loved so much to staring at the ground below them. It had to have been at least twenty floors before he would hit the ground.

It was such a long way down and Hongki couldn't stop himself from wondering what the wind would feel like through his hair as he plunged towards the ground.

Would the end be quick? He wondered. From this high up, it would surely would have to be instant, on impact. It wouldn't hurt that much, he was sure of it.

Hongki bit his lip as he leaned even further out of the window. There was no one down there. No one to break his fall, nothing between him and the concrete that would be the end to all his suffering.

Could he jump? Would he jump? The questions ran through his mind as he stared down.

The pain, it was too much to handle, he thought to himself. One of his feet climbed up, he hoisted himself up onto his window's ledge. He looked down at the ground and it looked even higher up with his feet dangling so close to the edge.

He closed his eyes, ready to fall, when the illusion was suddenly broken by the ringing of his phone.

He sighed, stepping back from the ledge. He had been saved from his insanity this time by the ring of a phone, which he answered.

“Hello?” He flipped the phone open, his eyes still staring out the window until the person on the other side of the line spoke. His eyes widened. “Ha Yul?”