All the bad shtuff happens to us.

The Healer's Vision

Hongki only had three days to find a roommate. He searched everywhere that he could, but no one wanted to live in a place like he did and the people that were willing to were not the type of people that he wanted around his daughter.

He sat with Haerim on the steps to her school on that third day, wondering how he was going to explain this to her.

"I already know, Appa." She said without Hongki ever having to say anything. "We can't live in our house anymore."

"I'm so sorry, sweetie." Hongki respoded, head in his hands. He was near tears already, feeling like such a failure. It wasn't enough that his wife had left him, but now he had to lose the only house he had. If Haerim's school found out about it then he would probably end up losing her too. That was something that he just couldn't let happen.

"Let's go get dinner, Appa!" Haerim smiled, tugging on his arm.

He chuckled, following after her as they walked to the familiar grocery where Hongki bought all their food. It was the cheapest place in the whole city. The closer they got, the louder they could hear Jonghun playing his music. He was singing one of Hongki's favorite songs, it was all about how even through the worst of circumstances there was always something to look forward to.

How someone in his situation could keep such an optomistic view, he himself didn't even know, but Hongki always did his best to look at the positive. Right now, though, that was pretty hard to do.

"Appa.." Haerim whispered to her father, tugging on his shirt. "We can live with Jonghun Ahjushi!"

Hongki's eyes widened and he was a little too stunned to say anything. Before he could even stop her, Haerin was running through the little gathered crowd and right up to Junghun. She spoke to him and he looked shocked for a second and that was when Hongki snapped out of his daze and ran up to the two, scooping his daughter up into his arms.

The crowd had quickly dispersed as the music had ended.

"Haerim, please don't bother the nice man.." Hongki whined, turning to look at Jonghun. "I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into her today.."

"You're that little girl's father?" Jonghun asked, taking the money he'd collected that day and stuffing it away before standing up.

"Y..yeah." Hongki stuttered, to which his daughter only giggled.

"She said that you guys need a place to stay." Jonghun stated, his voice nuetral. Hongki couldn't read a thing about what he was thinking or feeling.

"Oh..uhm..about that.." Hongki muttered. "She really shouldn't have just come.."

"Do you want to come stay at my place or not?" Jonghun interrupted Hongki's apology and made the boy's jaw drop.

Haerin giggled. "See appa! I told you we could live with Jonghun Ahjushi!"

Jonghun chuckled, reaching out and ruffling the girl's hair. She giggled and pushed his hand away.

"Well?" Jonghun asked again, tilting his head in Hongki's direction.

"Uh..um..I...are you sure?" he gaped, not even sure what to think of this predicament.

Jonghun nodded. "Minnie wouldn't mind have guests, and of course it would just be until you could find something else. I can't have such a pretty little girl sleeping outside, now can I?" he chuckled, playing with Haerim.

"Okay then.." Hongki muttered. "I guess...we can just go get some stuff and come to..your place.."

Jonghun smiled and told him the address before leaving.

"I can't believe you did that, Haerim!" Hongki hissed at his daughter the moment they were out of earshot of Jonghun.

The girl just giggled. "Appa! Don't be mean...this is good." She hopped out of his arms and walked down the street. "We get beds to sleep in and you get to live with your man crush!"

"You're five! you should not know what a man crush is!" Hongki whined, following behind the little girl. Really, she was amazing. She acted more like a teenager than a five year old and she had the vocabulary of an adult. Hongki called himself lucky to have such an amazing daughter.

They walked into the apartment that they would see for the last time and Hongki grabbed two large duffel bags. He packed his own with all of his clothes and a few precious personal items before helping Haerim to pack her clothes and what few toys she actually had. The got one more big bag and was able to stuff everything they owned into it.

"Say goodbye to this place, Haerim." Hongki sighed, hoisting the bags over his shoulders.

The little girl pouted, clinging to her teddy that she'd refused to pack and wanted to carry with her. "Good riddance."

Hongki chuckled, taking his daughters hand as they began to walk to the place that they were going to temporarily call home. The place offered to them by the blind musician that Hongki was secretly very in love with...and he already knew something was going to happen. Maybe something good, or maybe something bad, but something was going to happen.