I'm going to see how many chapters of this I can write in one day

The Healer's Vision

The awkwardness that hung in the air suffocated Hongki as he sat in the room that he never thought he would be sitting in again. Jongjin's living room.

Nothing had changed in the room, not that Hongki had assumed that it would. The entire house looked exactly the same only a little more messy. Hongki had done most of the cleaning when he was around and he assumed that Minhwan and Jonghun were too busy to clean.

The thought caused a sharp pain to hit Hongki's chest and he reached up to rub the spot in the hopes of soothing the ache. It didn't work.

“Why don't you have some coffee?” Seunghyun offered just at that moment. He had walked into the room with a silver platter and a cup of coffee for each of the boys.

Minhwan sat next to Jonghun on the sofa across from the one where Hongki sat in between Seunghyun and Jaejin. Hongki watching as the younger boy took the cup and placed it tenderly in Jonghun's hands before taking his own cup.

Seunghyun sat down next to Hongki again and placed the tray on the table between them. Jaejin took his cup and Hongki took the one that Seunghyun offered him before taking his own cup and leaving one on the tray for Wonbin when he reentered the house from the balcony where he was on his cellphone.

“Thank you guys.” Hongki finally broke the silence that had fallen over them all. His voice was tired and broken and probably fit the way that he looked right now.

“We came as soon as we heard.” Jonghun was the one that responded. “Hongki...what happened?”

All eyes turned to Hongki to get the answer for that, and no one spoke until Hongki answered, which took a while.

He leaned back against the couch and gave a deep sigh before running a hand through his long hair, making a note that he needed to get it cut soon.

“I don't even know.” He answered after a while. “I just woke up one morning with the police knocking on the door and the next thing I knew Haerim was taken away and I was in jail. I don't know why, they didn't even tell me why.”

Hongki gave another deep sigh and followed by taking a sip of his coffee, hoping the action would keep him from crying. It was the only thing he felt like doing right now. His entire world had been pulled right out from under him.

First his wife had left him, then the man he had come to fall in love with wanted someone else, and now this. The only thing that he had left to cling to, his daughter, had been taken from him and he didn't even know why.

He shook himself out of the spiralling tunnel of dark thoughts that he was trapping himself into when he realized that the others were speaking still. He looked at Jaejin, who was the one that was speaking now.

“Something just doesn't seem right about this to me.” He was telling Seunghyun from across the couch.

Seunghyun nodded and turned to look at Minhwan, who was still preoccupied with Jonghun as if he didn't care very much at all about Hongki or his problems.

Hongki wouldn't blame him, though. If he were in Minhwan's situation then he wouldn't give a rat's about Hongki either.

“That's true.” Seunghyun agreed. “It doesn't make sense that the police would take you in and not even tell you why...isn't that illegal or something?”

Hongki shrugged and took another long sip of his coffee, savoring the warmth of the liquid that flowed down his throat. The taste was bitter, but he felt as if he needed that at the moment. His emotions couldn't handle drinking something sweet, so he was glad that Seunghyun didn't remember that Hongki usually drank his coffee very sweet and hadn't added as much sugar.

Hongki looked back and forth between everyone as they talked about what was going on. He barely spoke and didn't give his opinion on anything, but one question turned over and over in his mind until he asked it.

“How did you guys know all this happened?” His voice startled the others into silence until Jonghun answered.

“One of Wonbin's friends works at the same company. He overheard that you were going to be fired for going to jail and he called Wonbin, who called us.” Jonghun responded, clearing his voice awkwardly.

Hongki groaned. “I've lost my job too?”

“It'll be alright, Hongki..” Seunghyun leaned over and rubbed Hongki's back in a gentle, soothing motion, doing his best to comfort his distraught friend.

“That means I'm going to lose the apartment..” Hongki muttered to himself.

The sound of a slamming door brought everyone's attention from the distraught boy to the slightly pissed off Wonbin in the doorway.

Jaejin got up and walked over to where he was, Seunghyun getting up quickly and following behind him.

“What happened? Did you find anything out?” Jaejin asked, his eyes wide and curious as he listened to the things that Wonbin was saying.

Hongki looked over at them in the other room, but he couldn't hear their conversation that had suddenly become hushed. The way that they were all moving and acting, and the expressions on their faces told Hongki that it was a serious conversation.

He was about to get up and go see what they were talking about when Jonghun spoke again, his voice and his words startling Hongki so much that as he got up, he fell back onto the seat and stared at Jonghun with wide eyes.

“Hongki, I want you to move back in with us...please?”