this is going to be sad now i think

The Healer's Vision

Two days, that was how long Hongki went without Jonghun speaking to him.

It wasn't that he hadn't tried, but that Jonghun was perceptibly ignoring him. When Hongki would speak, Jonghun would not respond, or even go as far as to leave the room. If Hongki was completely silent, he could walk into the room, but he could hardly get three steps close to the blind man before he would realize and back away, or leave.

Hongki was starting to get depressed. He'd been trying to ask Jonghun why the boy was quite obciously mad at him, and had been ever since they kissed. Hongki couldn't help but think that could have been the reason.

Jonghun was mad at Hongki for kissing him. He must have guessed the other man's feelings and was now avoiding him so that he wouldn't have to deal with rejecting Hongki. Or maybe avoiding him was his way of rejecting him.

Hongki had started to show the signs of his despair, not that Jonghun could see them. His eyes dulled and there grew dark circles under them. Hongki didn't think It would affect him that greatly, the simple loss of someone that he liked.

But he had cared a great deal for Jonghun, and despite knowing that it was a very stupid thing for him to do, he'd grown hope that it was possible the blind man may feel the same way about him.

That obviously was not the truth, and now Hongki couldn't seen to pick himself back up and get over it. He couldn't look past the man who was even just now leaving the room as he walked back into the house from picking Haerim up at school.

Hongki gave a small, sad sigh, which his daughter saw, and he hung up his coat. Jonghun walked past him into the living room, ignoring him as usual, and curled up next to Minhwan on the couch, burrying his head in the other boy's shoulder.

The two had been a lot more cuddly with each other since the night Hongki had made the mistake of kissing Jonghun, though he couldn't consider it a mistake for any reason other than it seemed to be the thing that had destroyed his relationship, or friendship, or whatever he'd had with the man.

He walked past the living room with Haerim, not even bothering to look up anymore. The girl followed, a pout on her cute features.

She put her bag down when they got into the bedroom and then turned to her father, her hands on her hips in a way that made her look a lot older than simply the five years that she was, though she'd been reminding everyone that her birthday was in seven days and she was going to be six.

“Appa..” She said in her soft voice. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing, sweetie.” He gave her a smile, knowing that she was much too smart to fall for it.

She pouted. “Don't lie to me daddy. You look like a zombie.”

“I just didn't sleep good?” He offered, sitting down on the edge of the bed and taking her bag. He began to pull out her homework so that he could help her with it at the little desk in the room.

“Daddy..” She pouted.

“Haerim, you're too young to be getting into these kinds of things.” He told her with a sigh. “Why do you have to be so smart?”

The little girl grinned, bouncing as she sat down in the chair in front of the desk. There were four huge phonebooks put in it so that she could properly reach the top of the desk. “It's because I got it from my appa.” she told him.

Hongki chuckled, leaning forward to ruffle her hair, causing the little girl to pout. “Sometimes, I'm starting to wonder..”

“What's that supposed to mean?” She pouted. “Appa is the smarted man in the whoooole world.”

Hongki chuckled again, grinning at her, but her face turned serious. “Now tell me what happened Appa. Why is Ahjushi mad at you?”

“He's not?” Hongki tried hopelessly one more time.

Haerim just stared at him with a blank expression on her face.

“Just do your homework.” Hongki sighed.

She shook her head, though. “Not until you tell me what happened.”

Hongki was forced to fold from the look that Haerim gave him. It was the same look her mother had, a stern gaze that signified her determination to do exactly what she just said she would do. Hongki wanted her to get her homework done, so he just went ahead and told her everything. He left out some adult details, such as the drinking, but he told her that the two of them had kissed, and about the things that had happened the next morning and how Jonghun had acted.

“I think he's mad at me because I kissed him..” Hongki whispered when he finished his story.

Haerim sighed and pouted up at her father. “Sometimes I want to agree with you.”

“You think he hates me too?” Hongki asked her, his eyes wide.

She giggled a bit and shook her head. “About me not getting my smart from you...cause that was about the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say, Appa.” She turned around on the phonebooks so that she could get a better look at him. “Isn't it obvious?”

“No..” He responded, eyebrow raised. It was far beyond him to ever get startled at the amount of wisdom and knowledge the young girl posessed.

She sighed again, resting her chin on the back of the chair. “It's kind of obvious, Appa. He's upset because you told everyone that nothing happened.”

“Huh?” Hongki tilted his head to the side, causing his daughter to groaned and hit her forehead with the palm of her hand. “Appa~! He thought you meant something when you two kissed, and then you went and told everybody that it was nothing. He likes you!”

Hongki blinked, and protested, but Haerim was a persistant little girl. By the end of the argument, she'd talked Hongki into going to find Jonghun and confessing to him.

“I'll do all my homework by myself, Appa.. You just go get your man.” She chuckled and pushed Hongki out of the room.

His heart was beating hard in his chest as he walked down the hall. He had no idea what he was going to say to Jonghun, but he knew that Haerim was almost never wrong. Could Jonghun really like him? Even a little?

“Jonghun, I...” Hongki began to speak right as he turned the corner into the living room, but his voice stopped completely when he saw Jonghun.

The man was laying across the couch, Minhwan straddling his lap. The younger man was shirtless, Jonghun being almost there himself. Minhwan's lips were kissing down Jonghun's stomach when Hongki called and he quickly looked up, eyes widdened with surprise.


 

 

Guys I'm still looking for a coauthor for this story if anyone wants to help me out with it. :D I'll love you all forever.