and then I could have done something worse XD

The Healer's Vision

Hongki gave a sigh of relief when he finally shut the door of the girl's bedroom. Emily and Haerim had refused to go to sleep until they'd completely passed out from exhaustion. The adults had carried the kids to the bedroom and tucked them in before heading to Hongki's bedroom.

Heather bit her lip when he followed her in the room.

“You know,” she told him, giving him a sideways glance. “You don't have to let me sleep in here. I'm perfectly fine on the couch.”

“And what kind of a man would I be if I let the lady sleep on the couch?” He responded, opening his closet door.

He rummaged through it for a while as Heather sat on his bed and watched him.

“I don't have any girl's clothing.” He told her as he searched through the closet, then turned around holding his smallest shirt and pair of pants. “But you can use these to sleep in. They might be a little big, they're some of my old things.”

“That's very kind of you, Hongki.” She told him. “Thank you.”

Hongki shook off her thanks and went to hand her the clothes, but he ended up tripping. He fell forwards onto the bed, taking Heather with him. She landed on her back beneath him, his body hovering barely inches above hers.

The two stayed that way for quite a while, staring at each other in shock before Hongki finally moved.

He jumped away and flushed dark red, bowing over and over again to her with an apology.

Heather, a blush on her own face, stood up with a kind smile. “It's quite alright, Hongki. It was just an accident after all.”

Hongki nodded and scratched the back of his head. “Well, I'll just leave you to here, then.” He told her and took his own clothes out of the room.

He went into the bathroom and locked the door, sliding down against the wall. His breathing was more rapid than it should have been. That had been a very close call for him. Hongki was surprised how much his body had reacted to the closeness of the woman.

He calmed himself down and washed his face, putting on his pajamas while he thought about how close he'd been to kissing the married woman.

He knew that he didn't have feelings for the woman at all. They were close friends, but that was as far as it would ever go between the two. Hongki's heart still belonged to someone else, and even if it didn't he would never be able to bring himself to seducing a married woman.

He was a man, though, and all men had certain urges that needed taking care of. It had been so long since Hongki had gotten laid that it should have been no surprise to him that being that close to a woman, married or not, would have caused his body to react the way he did.

He shook the thoughts of her from his head, though, and calmed himself before walking back out to the living room and laying himself down on the couch.

He pulled a blanket over his body and curled up on the piece of furniture, falling asleep easier than he thought he would, only to have the strangest dream.

Rain poured all around him as he stood at the end of a hallway. He was in some kind of parking structure, it felt like, but he couldn't tell as he looked around. Dressed all in white, he stepped out into the rain.

It soaked him through immediately and left him with the most horrid feeling he'd ever known. It was as if with each raindrop that hit his body another brick was added to the load that he carried. His entire body felt like he was about to break and he didn't want to continue.

He wanted to wake up from this dream, but no matter what, he couldn't. He was stuck to the place with the rain weighing him down.

That was when it happened. The voice that called his name rang out more clearly than the loud sound of the rain pressing down on him. It was pure and comforting and a voice that Hongki recognized.

Jonghun. Hongki wanted to call out the name, but nothing came from his mouth when he opened it to speak. He could only turn around when he heard the other man call his name one more time.

Jonghun was at the other end of the hall, running to him, smiling at him. The man could see him. Hongki's face broke out into a smile and within moments, Jonghun had joined him in the rain.

The pain, the worry, the weight that the rain pressed down upon Hongki shattered and left him the moment Jonghun's hands touched his own and pulled him into the most passionate, most amazing kisses that he'd ever received.

It was then that he woke up. There had been no loud noise, no clap of thunder or harsh alarm clock, no slamming door, or any other sound that would have pulled him from his sleep. It was simply the opening of his eyes to find that the entire scenario was just a dream.

It was, in fact, no longer raining. The sun was out and the clock on the television said that it was almost nine in the morning on a Saturday.

He pulled himself off the couch and looked around. His bedroom door was open. He tilted his head, wondering if Heather was already awake. Surely, the two girls wouldn't be up this early on a Saturday.

He stood up and went to go check and see if she was in the bedroom, but the room was completely empty. The bed was made to perfection and the clothes the woman had borrowed her placed neatly on top of the bed.

Hongki frowned. Where could she have gone?

“Emily and her Umma went back home almost an hour ago, Appa.” Honki almost jumped when he heard the voice of his daughter from behind him.

“How long have you been up?” Hongki asked her.

“Since Emily's Umma came and woke her up. She told me to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. She left a letter for you on the kitchen counter.” The little girl pointed towards the kitchen and Hongki followed her little finger to find a note sitting neatly.

It was in a very neat handwriting, and Hongki smiled as he read it.

'Thanks for everything, Hongki. You're a good friend and I think of you as the brother I always wanted. I took Emily back home early this morning while you were still asleep. I hope we can come back over soon, Heather.'