ring around the rosie this story is really confusing

The Healer's Vision

  It was two weeks later when the news reached Hongki. He and HaeRim had settled into a routine back at Jonghun's house. Things had turned themselves over quite completely. For instance, Minhwan had moved out. He'd given Hongki no explination, not that he'd needed to, but it had seemed to have been quite a thing between him and Jonghun.

Hongki listened to them yelling at each other for nearly three days before Minhwan had finally taken his things and moved in with Wonbin. Hongki had comforted Jonghun when he'd left. The only information he'd gotten between the blind man's tears and shaky breaths was that “It would be for the best. Minhwan would be able to get over Jonghun if he was no longer around him all the time.”

Hongki had taken to sharing a room with Jonghun, though they never actually did anything other than sleep in the same bed. They had shared several kisses, and had once gotten pretty far, but they had not passed the line that seemed to be drawn between them and a physical relationship.

Hongki went to his new job at a firm and Jonghun would walk HaeRim to school. Hongki would pick her up and they would go listen to Jonghun play his guitar in front of the store. Then the three of them would walk home together and Hongki would make them all something delicious to eat if they didn't pick something up on the way.

This particular day, two weeks after this pattern had become a regular thing, Hongki had sat down after his meal and the news on the television. Jonghun pressed himself into the other man's side to listen along. HaeRim did her homework at the kitchen table.

A picture of a man flashed on the screen. His name, in big black letters scrolled across the screen. Hongki stiffened, turning up the volume. The story, the report of the arrest of the CEO of the Kim Corp. The most powerful businessman in Korea, arrested for fraud, embezzlement, and a slew of other highly illegal activities.

“It's about time.” Jonghun huffed and nuzzled his face into Hongki's neck. “Now you don't have to worry about him anymore.”

“Yeah.” Hongki's voice trailed off and he pressed a kiss to the top of Jonghun's forehead.

The two watched the end of the news report and turned the television on to something else less depressing. Some random reality show that Jonghun never bothered with, not like he could actually tell what was going on anyway, and Hongki was too busy deep in his thoughts to bother with anything on the television.

There was a knock on the door. Jonghun shifted to let Hongki up and he went to go answer, thinking that it was probably Jaejin or Seunghyun.

“Ha Yul?” His stood, shocked, when he opened the door. She looked better than the last time he'd seen her. She no longer seemed wild and scared, but was properly put together.

“Hongki.” She gave him a soft smile. “May I come in?”

He nodded, stunned, and allowed her into the house. After a few steps through the door, HaeRim threw herself into her mother's arms, laughing and giggling and sobbing about how much she missed her mother.

“I've missed you too, sweetie. You don't even know how much.” Ha Yul responded, ruffling the girl's hair and sending her alone. “I need to speak with your father, alone.”

Jonghun stood in the doorway, letting HaeRim run passed him. “Hongki, who is it?”

“It's Ha Yul, Jonghun.” Hongki said, his heart thumping into his chest, though he wasn't sure why. Jonghun's expression turned from confusion to fear, to disgust, and back to confusion.

“You must be Jonghun, the blind man.” Ha Yul spoke. “I'm Kim Ha Yul, Hongki's ex wife. I'm sorry to intrude, but after my father was arrested, I thought it would be best if I finally came to talk to Hongki face to face.”

“I'm sure you do.” Jonghun's voice was stiff. “You owe him a hell of a lot of explaining.”

“I know.” Ha Yul hung her head, tucking her hair behind her ear and looking up at Hongki with puppy dog eyes. Hongki held his breath. He'd forgotten how utterly beautiful this woman was.

“Jonghun, would you mind giving us a moment?” Hongki stuttered out. “We'll go talk on the balcony.”

Hongki lead Ha Yul out to the balcony and the two of them sat down. There was silence for a long moment as the two stared out at the view of the skyline and the setting sun.

“I really don't know where to start.” Ha Yul began. “How much of that file did you get to read?”

“I only saw the pictures and watched the disc.” Hongki explained, sitting back in his chair. This would be a long evening.

Ha Yul sighed, turning her eyes upon him. “I guess I should start at the beginning. The truth is that I never really cheated on you. The whole thing was staged by my father to try to get you to leave me of your own free will.”

“I thought about it.” Hongki hissed bitterly.

Ha Yul nodded, clearing . “When it didn't work, he came to our house himself. He packed all of your things and had his body guards hold me back. He threatened HaeRim if I didn't sign the papers. Then he sent me out of the country against my own will. He's been guarding me like a hawk and he's sent me abroad every time I've tried to contact you before now. It was hell getting to you this time, but I'd finally done it.”

“Why would he want to ruin our marriage?” Hongki asked, sitting forward in his chair. He was angry at her father. Angry that the man had destroyed something so beautiful for him.

Ha Yul sighed. “Business, what else would he ever do anything for? He wanted to make this business deal by marrying me off to this foreign guy, but he couldn't do that with me already married.”

“So you..you're remarried now, are you?” Hongki wasn't quite sure why his heart dropped as he said it, or why it picked back up when she shook her head.

“Divorced there, too. After he found out what my father had done to us for the sake of that deal, he divorced me so that I could come back and find you.” She turned in her chair, looking into Hongki's eyes. She took his hands in hers and the expression on her face crumpled into complete disparity. “This is all my fault, Oppa. None of this would have happened to you if I wouldn't have tried to come back and find you. Appa was fine to let you live in that little apartment with HaeRim, but when he found out that I was trying to get back to you he started screwing with your life again...can you ever forgive me?”

Hongki stared at her for a long moment. His thoughts were flying fast as they could, trying to take everything in. All of the pains and problems that had been happening to him, all of this because his wife wanted to come back to him. A tear slipped from his eyes.

“Ha Yul...” His voice cracked and he pulled her up suddenly and into a hug. “Ha Yul.. none of this is your fault. I forgive you, alright?”

He pulled away and cupped her face in his hands, wiping her own tears with his thumbs.

“Hongki...will you come back to me?” She whispered, eyes piercing into his.