The last chapter. This was fun to write even though the writing is crap cause ipad.

The Healer's Vision

He got used to it, actually. Seeing Jonghun sometimes. At first he would mention it to the others. When he was sure he saw Jonghun across the street, or when he was positive that he it was Jonghun sitting on the other side of the park playing guitar, or when he thought that he saw him one day when he went to pick up HaeRim from school.

After a while, he just stopped mentioning it. Instead of tugging on HaYuls sleeve as they took a walk through the park with HaeRim, he just smiled for a moment as he watched what he was sure was Jonghun with his guitar, playing a song that he knew well. Later on, he found himself singing the words softly.

He had grown tired of the looks the others kept giving him. The sadness in their eyes and the concerned expression they gave each other that they thought he didn't notice. At first, they had always acted like they had been punched in the gut when he mentioned Jonghun, but after a while it had just faded to a sad realization.

After a while, months, years, it finally faded. HaeRim had grown into a beautiful young teenager. HaYul and Hongki had a young son. Wonbin and Taemin had gotten married. Seunghyun and Jaejin adopted a little girl. Life had moved on, and Hongki had tried to move on as well.

He grew out his hair. He grew old. He got rich. But he never forgot. He never forgot again, even in his dreams. He could hear Jonghun, his guitar, his singing. Every night before bed, he would close his eyes and picture Jonghun’s face. 

Sometimes he could even feel Jonghun’s hands caressing is face, like the first time on the balcony that night. It was a touch he could never forget. 

And Everyone knew that it was just a matter of time until he broke down. HaeRim had warned him about it. HaYul had pretended that nothing was wrong. The others had watched on with sad expressions, because they all knew that it was coming and that it could not be stopped.

When it happened, it was raining. Late at night, he was coming home from work. He walked out of the building and ran to the parking garage. That was when he heard the sounds the guitar.

He sighed and paused, walking to the edge of the lot. A soft smile painted his lips as he listened. The words came to him like yesterday, and he sang along.

“I miss your voice.” A familiar voice startled Hongki.

He quickly spun around to find Jonghun. The other man stood in front of him, standing in the rain. His white shirt clung to his body as it got drenched. 

“Y..you...” Hongki’s voice came out as barely a whisper. His hand lifted up, but fell back to his side.

Jonghun smiled at him. “It’s me. It’s Jonghun.”

“Where have you been?” Hongki asked, stepping forward, desperation becoming evident in his voice.

“I'm right here. I've been here all along..” Jonghun’s voice cracked, his crooked smile wavering.

“But why?” He whimpered, stepping out under the water with Jonghun. “It's been years...it's been ten years. You’re supposed to be dead.”

Jonghun’s smile was sad. He shook his head and gave a small laugh. “I can't live without you..” He whispered, reaching out for Hongki. He pulled the other man closer and pressed their lips together softly, and when he pulled away he whispered into Hongki’s ear softly. “And I'm not dead, so you have to wake up...”

“W..wake up?” Hongki gaped.

“Wake up, Hongki..please..wake up..”

And maybe it was the please that did it, or maybe it was the tears that fell onto his cheek, or possibly it was just that it was the right time. But at that moment, Hongki’s eyes opened and nothing was the same.

Hongki was in a hospital bed. Jonghun sat beside the bed, holding tightly onto Hongki’s hand. His guitar was leaned up against the bed. Sitting by his feet was six year old HaeRim

“Appa!” Her voice was loud when she noticed his eyes were open, and he continued to just look around, confused.

Jonghun smiled. “HaeRim, go get the others, they’ll want to know he’s awake.”

The little girl leaned up and kissed her dad on the cheek before scrambling off the bed and running out the door.

“What..” Hongki started, but stopped again. “How long have I been..”

Jonghun just smiled. “You've been in a coma for about 2 months now.”

“It was..it was all a dream then?” He mostly asked himself, but Jonghun tilted his head. 

“Hongki..” He paused, and for the first time, Hongki finally realized that something was different about Jonghun. 

“Your eyes.” Hongki reached out and touched Jonghun’s cheek. The other man’s eyes were no longer veiled in white. The beautiful brown color was vibrant. Jonghun could see.

He smiled. “I can see you.”

“How?”

Jonghun chuckled, but it faltered and his smile faded. “Minhwan...”

Hongki remembered his dream for the coma and gulped. “He..he didn't...”

Jonghun tilted his head confused. “He..gave me his eyes..he said..” Jonghun coughed, choking up as tears stung in his eyes, “he said that if he could only ever do one thing for me, that he would give me the ability to see the man I love...”

“What about him.” Hongki asked, the information rolling around in his head.

Jonghun laughed, a bitter sound. “He's alright. He's getting used to being blind, but he’s found someone to help take care of him the way he took care of me.”

Before Hongki could ask who, the door opened and a group of people filed in. Seunghyun and Jaejin came in first, followed by HaeRim and HaYul. Last, Minhwan shuffled into the room, a pair of black shades on his face. Holding his hand and coaxing him on was Wonbin, and Hongki smiled.

Everyone laughed, cried, talked, played. Two months was a lot to catch up on, and everyone was interested in hearing about what happened to Hongki in the coma. HaYul nearly gagged when she heard that she and Hongki had a second kid. Wonbin flipped and Minhwan got jealous when they heard that he had ended up with a convict druggie. 

As they were all joking and discussing the dream, Hongki turned to Jonghun and looked at the boy with a smile.

“I've been watching you sleep for two months..” Jonghun whispered. “But you look so much more beautiful awake, and smiling.”

Hongki grinned, lacing their fingers together. “Hey Jonghun? When I get out of here, let’s go to the country.”

Jonghun just smiled, leaning forward and pressing their lips together.