saranghajimayo

The Healer's Vision

“Haerim, hurry up or we're going to be late!” Hongki called through the apartment to the little girl.

“Shut up! I'm still trying to sleep!” Minhwan whined from the bedroom.

A loud thud was heard and then Minhwan's voice again. “How do you always hit me!? You can't even see!”

“I can hear you from a mile away.” Jonghun replied.

Haerim could be heard laughing from the bathroom, her wild giggles louder than the three grown men in the apartment. This only caused Hongki to yell for her again until she came running out of the bathroom, all dressed up for school.

“Appa!” She called, twirling around. “Do you like my new dress?”

Hongki smiled and nodded, reaching out to take her hand. “Your dress is very pretty. Did you thank Jonghun hyung for buying it for you?”

Haerim nodded, turning back into the apartment before she shut the door. “Gomawo Jonghun ahjushi!”

“You're welcome, sweetie!” Jonghun yelled back.

The little girl giggled and ran out of the door with her backpack. Hongki followed, calling after her with a smile on his face.

They had been living with Jonghun and Minhwan for a week now, but it seemed like they had always been together. It wasn't as bad as Hongki had thought, living with other people. Especially when they were dating and he liked one of them. Minhwan had warmed up to him a surprising bit after they first met, but there was still some tension between the two of them. Haerim was just as smart as ever and Jonghun was loving buying her things.

Hongki had found himself a job, although it wasn't much better than the one that he'd had before. But with Jonghun providing their food and housing for free, he was finally able to start saving up some money of his own.

“Have fun at school, sweetie.” Hongki kissed his daughter on the top of the head and let her run to her friends in the front of the school building. The little girl turned back and waved at him before absorbing herself in showing off her new dress to her friends.

Even though Hongki hadn't been the one to pay for the dress, he felt happy that his little girl finally had been able to have some new clothing that she could show off instead of the same old things she'd been wearing for a few years now.

Even Hongki was looking a lot nicer. Jonghun had insisted on buying him a suit to wear to work and to interviews. Hongki had at first refused, but then they had gotten to the suit shop and the blue ones had just looked so good on him. He missed wearing a suit.

The building that he worked at was small, and he was doing a simple desk job, but it was enough for now. He was still looking for something better, but few people would still hire him upon finding out who he used to work for.

He still couldn't seem to get the black flag off his name that his ex wife had placed there when she had wronged him. Sitting at his desk, he began to think about the entire situation again. It was discouraging, just sitting there with nothing to do but process paperwork and think about his life.

It was amazing how much things had changed for him in such a short period of time. Only a few years ago he was sitting in an office at the top floor of a building five times the size of the one that he was in now. He had the perfect view of Seoul and a fancy car and this really cute secretary named Jaejin.

He sighed, pressing a stamp onto the top of a stack of paperwork. He could even remember the way his secretary used to giggle when he would leave coffee for him when he thought that Hongki was asleep at his desk. He loved his job back then and his wife was pregnant with their little girl. She would come to his work every day and bring him a homemade lunch.

That had been something that had surprised Hongki, for the truth of things. He'd never expected that the girl who grew up in a house with three personal chefs would be able to cook, but everything that the woman had ever made was amazing.

Hongki sighed, shaking the thoughts of the woman from his mind. He wouldn't lie, his heart was still healing from the wounds he had left her.

Hongki was surprised when the bell to leave work finally dinged. He'd spent the entire day thinking of the past and it didn't seem like as much time had passed than already had gone by. It was still a few hours until Haerim would be out of school, and Jonghun should have been sitting outside of the little grocery store.

He decided to pay the man a visit before he went to pick up his daughter and found himself walking down to the store with his suit coat slung casually over his shoulder.

A smile graced his face when he saw Jonghun sitting on the corner where he always sat. He had his guitar in hand, strumming a tune that Hongki was very familiar with. He tried to sneak over next to Jonghun and sit, only to be immediately found out.

“Hongki, sing this song with me.” Jonghun called, turning his head in the direction that the man had just come and sat in.

Hongki's jaw dropped, and before he could even ask, Jonghun answered the question.

“You come here the same time every day since you started your new job.” There was a smile on his lips as he spoke, making Hongki smile as well. Until Jonghun spoke again, of course. “Now sing this song with me.”

“I don't know your songs, Jonghun..” Hongki sighed, lying and embarrassed.

Jonghun chuckled. “Liar.” He called Hongki out. “You sing this song every time you're in the shower, I can hear you through the walls. You're not as quiet as you think you are.”

Hongki sighed, running a hand through his long blonde hair. He'd taken it out of the ponytail that he had to wear at work the moment that he'd walked out of the building. “Fine...I'll sing. But just this once.”

Jonghun's smile beamed, sending Hongki's heart into somersaults that he couldn't even explain. Jonghun began to strum the tune lightly on his guitar and Hongki waited for the moment before words flowed seamlessly from his lips in a voice so beautiful and pure that even those people that had planned on walking past had to stop and listen.

“I must go; it pains me to leave you. Can you see all the tears in my heart? I will try my best somehow to be strong Even though I know I must go.” He sang softly, a tear welling up inside of his eye as the word sank into him.

Don't Love. It was one of Hongki's favorite songs because of just how perfectly it related to his own life. His ex wife, his family, Jonghun, everyone that he had ever cared for. He thought of them all as he sang, putting that painful emotion into his voice as the words flowed from him, seemingly written just for him. “If you ever love again I just don't know what to do It hurts even when I take a breath But if it means that you can somehow forget the pain and find hapiness again then I know it's better for me to let go.”

A few of the listeners were in tears by the time that the song had finished. Hongki opened his eyes to see that twice an many people had come forward, tears in their eyes, and placed a sum of money into the guitar case. Hongki smiled, feeling a bit proud of himself until he turned to see Jonghun.

The man was holding his guitar tightly, his entire body was trembling. His long hair hid his face so that only the large tears that were trailing down his chin and dripping with tiny little thuds onto his guitar case were visible.

Hongki bit his lip and looked away, unable to stomach the sight of Jonghun sobbing. The crowd seemed to notice what was wrong and looked at Jonghun with worried expressions.

Hongki took a deep breath and got his bearings. He turned to Jonghun and pulled the guitar off the man. “Come on, Jonghun, we're going to go get Haerim and go home now, arasso? You're not in any state to stay out here much longer.”

Jonghun only nodded, allowing Hongki to gather up the money they had earned and putting away the guitar. He helped the sobbing man to his feet, guitar slung over his own back, and walked in the direction of the school

Jonghun kept his head down until they were far away from the crowd. It was only when the blind man heard no one else around that he stopped, turning to Hongki and giving the man a hug.

“Mianhe..” He whispered. “You've been hurt so much...Mianhe..”


So here we are. a longer update for this story. I'm doing my best to keep up with all of my stories, but there's just so much going on right now that I can't do what I would like to do. I'm still going to be working on my stories, but I'm not going to be able to get updates out as regularly as I'd like. Please, continue to support me ^^ comments do make me feel alot better about myself and will also help to movitvate my writing and get updates out faster. ^^

 

and guys thanks for pointing out my mistake of putting Kibum's name instead of Hongki's. I've been writing multiple things at once lately and names are all running together >.<