this story has got to have an ending

The Healer's Vision

  Going out to dinner with the others could hardly settle Hongki's mind. The whole dinner, he messed with his tie, looked around distracted, barely ate a thing on his plate. He was sure, now that he was aware something strange was going on, being followed by someone.

He sighed once more, resting his chin in his hand as he tried to focus on what the others were talking about. It just didn't seem to be working, he couldn't tell if the conversation was about last night's stock exchange or genetic animal testing by nazi's. He sighed.

“I'll be right back.” He muttered to no one, not bothering to check if anyone even realized that he was gone and darted off to the bathroom.

After relieving himself, he stood for a while at the mirror, staring at himself. His hair had recently been cut a bit shorter than normal, the natural color showing with just the tips the blonde that it had once been for quite some time. His skin was flushed out and dark bags hung beneath his eyes. He looked as miserable as he felt, even in his freshly pressed suit and tie.

“Hongki..” a hesitant, familiar voice spoke from behind him. Hongki didn't have to turn around to see it was Wonbin. He was reflected clearly in the mirror, the nervousness written on his face like a banner.

“Wonbin, what are you doing in here?” Hongki gave a little sigh and the tap to wash his hands.

“I came to check on you.” His voice barely came above the sound of the sink. “And because I wanted to talk to you alone for a moment.”

“We are alone.” Hongki told him, throwing a glance around the otherwise unoccupied bathroom.

Wonbin sighed, leaning forward so that he was leaning against the counter, avoiding the damp spots. His eyes watched Hongki's hands as he lathered them in soap.

“I wanted to talk about the other night.” He explained. “I know that we haven't talked about what happened...”

“Yeah..” Hongki's voice trailed off, his eyes darting over to Wonbin nervously. “I've had a lot going on lately..”

“I know.” A smile played on Wonbin's lips. “That's why I wanted to reassure you about what happened. It meant nothing to me. I'm not harboring some secret love for you, like Minhwan keeps telling the others.”

Hongki coughed, nearly choking on himself. “He what?”

Wonbin laughed, more at Hongki's reaction than anything. “He seem to think that I'm secretly in love with you and that you used me. I've already told the others how stupid he's being, but I just wanted to make sure that you and I were both on the same page about it. You're not the person that I'm in love with.”

“So...you're in love with someone, just not me?” Hongki gathered, taking some papertowels from the dispenser and drying his hands. “Who are you in love with, then?”

Wonbin's eyes widened and his face turned bright pink. “What? No..no that's not what I..No!”

Hongki laughed, his first real laugh in quite some time. “I'm kidding. I don't really care. It's your secret to keep...but thanks for explaining it to the others. I don't want them all thinking that I did something bad.”

Wonbin grinned, clapping Hongki on the shoulder as they headed out of the bathroom and back to the table. “Fyi, you're welcome back to my bed whenever you want.” He teased.

Hongki laughed with him and they sat back down. He was finally able to relax for the rest of the night and get his mind off everything that had been happening lately. He even forgot about his meeting with Ha Yul and about the package that she had given him. That was, until he returned home.

Jonghun, Minhwan, and Hongki walked into the apartment to find that everything was in perfect order. Not a single thing was out of place or in any way able to cause suspicion. Until Hongki slipped his tie off and walked into his bedroom to take off his suit.

The mattress was flipped over, bed sheets thrown across the room. The cushions on the couch were thrown off, the drawers to the desk and the nightstand were open and the contents were thrown about. The entire room had been trashed.

“What the hell happened?” Minhwan gaped when he looked into the room.

“What? What's going on?” Jonghun asked, clearly unsettled. He walked beside Hongki and took hold of his arm. “What's wrong?”

“Someone's broken in.” Hongki muttered. “My room's been ransacked...wait..”

Hongki pulled away from Jonghun and rushed over to the drawer. It was closed, the only one that was closed. He opened it and fished around in it, but the envelope was gone.