the next chappie

The Healer's Vision

Hongki pulled the box out of the back of the truck with a little grunt and carried it up the stairs of the building. He was heading for his new apartment, or his old apartment. It didn't really matter what it was called anymore. To Hongki, it would always be Jonghun's place. The place where his heart was healed and broken once more.

He had decided to move back into Jonghun's, despite Minhwan's obvious distaste for the idea, after what had happened between him and Wonbin. Things had just become much too awkward for Hongki staying with Wonbin.

A blush rose to his face when he passed the man he was currently thinking about in the hallway on the way into Jonghun's apartment. Wonbin had agreed to help him move his things back into Jonghun's place, which Hongki had no problem with. Minhwan had completely refused to help and though Jonghun was better at doing a lot of things than most blind people, this was something that he couldn't help do. The most he could help with was holding the door open so that Hongki could get his things into the house.

After sitting down the box and walking back out, ignoring Minhwan's glare, Hongki stopped by Jonghun.

“Thank you...for letting me stay here again.” His voice was soft as he muttered the words, but he knew that Jonghun would hear them.

The blind man shook his head, turning his face away from Hongki in what was obviously an attempt to hide his reddening cheeks. “Don't mention it. You're...” There was a short pause in which an unreadable expression passed over Jonghun's face. “You're a good friend, and I'll always be here to help you out.”

Hongki sighed, but gave a nod. “Still, thank you. Everything is going so wrong...I don't even know what's going on anymore.”

Jonghun reached out and placed a hand on Hongki's arm, sliding it up his smooth skin to pat his shoulder. Hongki pretended that he didn't get chills at the touch and hoped that Minhwan hadn't seen the way he flushed at the contact.

“Why don't you just focus on unpacking right now, ok? We'll get everything else worked out after that's done.” Jonghun answered and pulled Hongki into a sudden hug, startling both Hongki and the other two boys who had entered the room at the exact same time. Jonghun whispered into Hongki's ear. “Don't worry. Everything is going to work out.”

Hongki was smiling, despite the tears b in his eyes, when he pulled away from the hug. He was about to go into another round of thanking Jonghun when someone else cleared their throat and he looked up to find Minhwan and Wonbin standing there and looking at them.

“Um..” Wonbin's voice was kind of shaky when he spoke. “D..do you..where do you want me to put this stuff?” He asked Hongki, rattling the small box of toiletries that he was holding.

Hongki cleared his own throat and looked around, shifting on his feet. “Uh..you can..you can just sit it in my bedroom. I'll put everything away later.”

Wonbin nodded and hurriedly shuffled off to put away the box. Minhwan scoffed and made his way back into the living room where he sat down and continued to watch TV.

Jonghun frowned. “I really don't know what's gotten into Minhwan lately.” He shook his head and tilted his ear towards the bedroom.

Seconds later, Wonbin walked back out and Jonghun asked him how much they had left to get.

Wonbin stuttered out that there were only two more boxes and both he and Hongki went to go get them.

The two were completely silent the entire time, unable to even look at each other without turning red and sputtering before quickly turning away. It seemed that Wonbin was more than happy to be done helping and left as soon as he could get the excuse to get out of there.

Minhwan refused to be in the same room with Hongki, to Jonghun's annoyance. He promised that he would get to the bottom of Minhwan's attitude and make him stop being so rude to Hongki.

Jonghun's main concern was not Minhwan, though. He was more interested in the strange way that Hongki and Wonbin had been acting towards each other the entire time that the other man was there.

As Hongki and Jonghun sat outside on the balcony, sipping on their steaming mugs of coffee, curled up in the wicker furniture and looking up at the stars, Jonghun asked Hongki about it.

“Tell me, please.” He finished. “What's up between the two of you?”

Hongki sighed, taking a sip of his coffee before looking away from Jonghun. “I don't really know right now, Jonghun. It's kind of complicated.”

“I'm a blind man that plays a guitar.” Jonghun replied, giving Hongki an unamused tone to match his expression. “Whatever you're dealing with can't be more complicated than that.”

It caused Hongki to chuckle and tell Jonghun what had happened, kind of. He left out a lot of the details and his motivation for what had happened. In the end, he really only told Jonghun that he and Wonbin had been together.

Jonghun took it the wrong way, gasping and sitting down his still full cup.

“I didn't know the two of you had feelings for each other.” Jonghun sounded obviously distressed. “Is..is that why he seemed so upset and nervous all day? Does he not like you moving in here with me?”

Hongki was too startled at the conclusion that Jonghun had come up with that he could hardly respond with anything other than a vague sound, spluttering on his coffee before sitting his cup down next to Jonghun's.

“No, no, no no.” He shook his head and waved his hands. “We're not together like that.” He told Jonghun, trying to correct the situation. “It was an accident.” He sighed again and fell back into his chair. “I was really upset and I didn't know what to do..He was just kind of there..”

Jonghun's expression changed from one of shock an worry to something that Hongki wouldn't have been able to identify had he been able to bring himself to look at Jonghun in the first place.

“So what?” Minhwan's voice suddenly shocked the both of them, causing Jonghun to turn his ear towards the door and Hongki to stare, shocked, at the man as he finished. “You just used Wonbin to get off because you were feeling upset?”

Hongki hissed, glancing over to see the expression on Jonghun's face. “It..sounds bad when you say it like that..”