I had to rewrite this chapter

The Healer's Vision

 

Jonghun sat by the window, waiting for the new houseguests to arrive. Not that he could actually look out of the window to see them, but he just enjoyed the feeling of the warm sun on his skin as it sank lower into the sky. It was beginning to get dark and the little girl and her appa had yet to arrive.

“Why do they even have to come stay with us?” The other boy in the room pouted, sitting down next to Jonghun and wrapping his arms around him. “We aren't going to have any privacy anymore with them around, Yeobo.”

Jonghun gave a little sarcastic laugh, settling into the boy's arms. “Minhwan, when did we ever have privacy to begin with?”

Minhwan pouted. “My friends don't come over that much, besides this isn't about them.”

“What is it about?” Jonghun asked, pulling himself from the boy's arms and standing up.

Jonghun had been living in the apartment with Minhwan for nearly six years and it had become second nature to him to know where everything was by now, so much so that he no longer needed Minhwan to guide him around or needed to count his steps to know exactly where he was in his own house.

Minhwan pouted, not that Jonghun could see it, but he could hear it in the boy's voice. “It's about you letting two complete strangers that you know absolutely nothing about into your home. What if they're just conartists and they're trying to steal from you?”

Jonghun's brows furrowed and he frowned. “They wouldn't do something like that, they're good people. They just need a place to stay for a little while. That little girl is only five, what did you expect me to do? Let them sleep outside in the cold?”

“I..” Minhwan trailed off without even finishing his sentence, standing up and following Jonghun as he walked into the living room and away from the window. “No, that's not it, but I mean..”

“Minhwan, I thought this would make you happy.” Jonghun pouted, pulling the boy down onto the couch and cuddling into his side. “You've got your excuse to finally move into the same bedroom with me.”

Jonghun knew Minhwan was smiling, possibly even blushing at the comment. “After like what, five years?”

Minhwan playfully slapped his arm. “Five and a half.”

“Okay, okay.” Jonghun chuckled. “Five and a half years. Shouldn't that be enough for you? This guy saved up his entire week's lunch money and didn't eat for a week just to give me the money and I don't even need it. I owe him this much.”

Minhwan sighed. “Fine, I won't say anything.”

“Good.” Jonghun smiled, his head tilting at the sound of footsteps and then a knocking on his door. “They're here!”

He jumped up, leaving Minhwan on the sofa and running to the door, opening it with a smile. His legs were immediately tackled into a hug by Haerim.

“Jonghun Ahjushi!” she giggled, hugging him tightly and nearly making him fall until Hongki pulled her away and dropped his bags to the ground with a light thump.

“Jonghun..thank you so much for this.” Hongki thanked him once again. “I really do mean it, we won't stay long. Just long enough to find a new place.”

“That's alright.” Jonghun smiled, reaching out and ruffling Haerim's hair. “We don't mind.”

“We?” Haerim asked, just as Minhwan finally walked out into the room. He rested his head on Jonghun's shoulder and wrapped his arms around the boy's waist.

“Yes, we.” Minhwan told the little girl.

“Who are you?” she asked, pouting.

“I'm Minhwan, Jonghun's..”

“He's my roommate.” Jonghun interrupted, answering for him before reaching down and grabbing a bag. “Let me show you guys to your room.”

“Yeobo.” Minhwan grabbed the bag from Jonghun. “Let me. You know carrying heavy things messes up your balance.”

Jonghun blushed with embarrassment, playfully sending a slap towards Minhwan while Hongki and his daughter watched on silently. “Yah, I'm blind, not a clutz.”

“Or maybe you're both.” Minhwan stuck his tongue out, knowing that Jonghun couldn't see it.

“Let's just show them around.” Jonghun pouted, then started giving them the tour.

It wasn't a very big apartment. The living room and kitchen were separated. A hall lead from the living room to both bedrooms and the only bathroom in the apartment, which all four of them would have to share.

“There's only one bed, Appa.” Haerim made her disappointment obvious as she walked into the bedroom she would be staying in.

Jonghun smiled as Minhwan wrapped his arms around his waist again. “Minhwan and I are sharing the other bedroom, so this one will be yours. The couch in the corner converts into a bed. I'm sorry it's the best we've got.”

“It's more than enough.” Hongki quickly responded. “How long..have you two been living here?”

“Six years!” Minhwan spoke up, his grip on Jonghun tightening slightly. “We've been living together for six years.”

“Five and a half.” Jonghun corrected him, smiling.

Minhwan shrugged, turning to Hongki...or the direction that he was sure Hongki was in. “How long are you planning on staying?”

“Not very.” Hongki replied in what was obviously a very awkward tone. Almost as if he were choking on something. “A week at the most, hopefully. Just until I can find a new job or a new place. Then Haerim and I will be out of your hair.”

“You can stay as long as you want.” Jonghun smiled.