this could have played out longer but i know nothing about korean police...

The Healer's Vision

  Three people sat around a laptop, positioned on a table in the kitchen. One man sat on a stool nearby, simply listening. Minhwan, Hongki, and Jaejin watched the video play on the screen. Jonghun listened, unable to tell quite what was going on.

The screen showed a clip of a man, an elderly man in a business suit sitting behind a desk. He was talking to someone whose face could not be seen. He was demanding that pictures be taken of Hongki, that the man be followed everywhere until something incriminating could be found.

The clip ended and Jaejin, whom the computer belonged to, clicked on the next selection on the disc that Hongki had given him. This time it was the same man and a woman from the social services department. He handed her a briefcase, told her an outrageous amount of money, and told her that after the child was taken away that more money would come.

Three more clips, each one of them of this man setting Hongki up. Each one of them showing that it was this man who destroyed his life. It was this man that had bribed the government to take away his daughter, it was this man who had sent someone into his house to rob it. It was this man who had forced his wife away from him, who had set up a plot to make her seem like a cheater, who had forced her to pretend that she was leaving him, who had taken everything away from him.

“It's Mr. Kim.” Hongki said with disbelief in his voice. “It's Ha Yul's father...”

“What? Really? Why would someone do something like this?” Jaejin asked.

“Forget why.” Jonghun said from across the room. “You can take this information to the police. You can get your daughter back.”

“Jonghun is right.” Minhwan said. “This disc alone is enough to have Mr. Kim arrested and to have HaeRin returned to you.”

Hongki nodded and Jaejin ejected the disc, putting it back into the case. He had already had his coat on and his shoes laced up before anyone else could say anything, but before he was out the door, Jonghun had hold of his wrist and was following along right there with him.

“You really don't think that I'm going to let you go alone?” He asked, to which Hongki only shook his head and let Jonghun follow him down to the car.

The ride to the police station was silent, a tensity filled the entire car and seemed to strangle the boys inside of it. A long time passed as Hongki drove before Jonghun reached over hesitantly, feeling for Hongki, until he put his hand on top of the other man's.

“Everything is going to be alright now.” He said. “You're going to get HaeRim back. You'll be able to get your job back. Everything is working out.”

“You always told me that it would.” Hongki smiled.

Another silence fell over them, easier this time. Hongki turned his hand over, lacing his fingers with Jonghun's. Both boy's smiled.

When they finally arrived at the police station, they continued to hold hands. Hongki helped to lead Jonghun into the police station and eventually they were both lead into an interrogation room where they spoke with a detective. They showed him the disc and they watched all of the footage, as well as wrote down a statement from Hongki.

It only took another two hours of waiting and talking to the police for anything to get done. HaeRim was fished out of protective custody and was brought directly to the police station to reunite with her father.

“Appa!!” She jumped into his arms the moment she saw them. “I missed you, Appa, these people were horrible!”

“I missed you too, sweetie, but I finally got you back.” Hongki teared up, squeazing her tightly to him. “But I'm never ever going to let you go ever again.”

“Mr. Lee?” A police officer walked up to him. “We've got this disc to go on, but we're also going to start an investigation and get to the bottom of this, but don't worry. We're going to have this man behind bars for his crimes against you as soon as we can.”

Hongki thanked the officer and took Jonghun's hand, HaeRim clinging tightly to him with her little legs wrapped around his middle and her arms around his neck, and he walked out of the police station and back to his car.

“Jonghun Ahjushi.” HaeRim crawled into his lap from the backseat, refusing to sit anywhere else while Hongki drove them home. “You're holding hands with Appa.”

Jonghun chuckled softly, his cheeks turning pink. “Yes, dear, I am.”

“Do you like my Appa?” She asked.

He chuckled again. “Yes, dear, I do.”

Hongki nearly gagged, glad that he was stopped at a traffic light because all he could do was stare at the blind man in disbelief.

“Good.” HaeRim giggled. “Becuase Appa likes you too. I told you he liked you, though, didn't I appa?”

Hongki finally gained control of his senses and nodded, reaching over to ruffle her hair. “Yeah, sweetie, you did. You're a smart little girl...too smart for your own good..”

All three of them chuckled at that. Hongki's heart floated as he coasted all the way home, driving from memory as his mind was far elsewhere. If he ever saw Ha Yul again he would have to thank her. He had so many questions to ask her, so many things to tell her. Everything had changed, and he knew, even now, that things still had a long way to go before it got better, but things were definitely going to get better.