It's not alot, but it was all he had

The Healer's Vision

 

The people on the streets stopped to watch the boy play his guitar. Very few people could pass by without being stunned by the young man's voice or by his amazing skill with the guitar. When asked, he would say he'd been playing the thing since he could see.

A few people dropped money into his open guitar case. Others turned their noses up at the boy who they called a beggar.

Sitting on the street and playing his songs for the world was something that he'd always wanted to do, ever since his accident and he knew he could no longer be a bigshot, playing on a stage for hundred of thousands of fans.

He finished a song and stopped to tune his guitar again, moving his capo into a different position and strumming a cord. He frowned at the sound emitted and changed the position before strumming again, this time a smile appeared on his face.

A few people left and a few new ones came. The boy began to play a new song, this one a sad song. People kept placing money in the boy's guitar case until he played his last song and began to put his guitar away.

He felt around inside the case, trying to gather up all the money that had been thrown in it and stuffing it into the pocket of his tattered coat. He placed his guitar into the box and snapped the case shut when he suddenly felt a hand tapping at his shoulder.

“Excuse me, Mister.” the voice of a little girl met his ears and he smiled, turning to the voice.

“What is it, little girl?” he asked her.

“How did you know I was a little girl?” she asked him, curiosity in her innocent voice.

The man's smile faded a bit. “You have the voice of a little girl.”

He could almost hear her smile as she replied. “My appa says I'm the prettiest little girl he's ever seen!”

“I'm sure you are, Sweetheart.” he replied with a little chuckle. “Where is your appa?”

“He went inside the store.” she replied. “He comes to the store every day to heard you play, mister! Then he buys us dinner.”

“To listen to me?” the boy knew he was blushing at the idea of someone coming to the little run down store he sat in front of just to hear him play.

The girl grabbed the boy's hand and put something into it. “It's not very much..” her voice was sad as she spoke, “but daddy said he hasn't been eating this week so that he could give you this. He says to go get yourself something good to eat.”

“Uh..um..tell your daddy thank you for me..” he stuttered, in awe at the little girl's story.

She giggled softly. “My name is Lee Haerin, what's yours?”

“Choi Jonghun.” the man smiled, reaching up and touching the little girl's face.

She smiled as his fingers ran over her face for a few minutes before pulling away.”You really are a very pretty girl.”

“Thank you, Mister.” she smiled. “Is touching people the only way you can see them?” she asked.

Jonghun nodded sadly. “I'm blind, sweetheart.”

“Haerin, come on, it's time to go!” a male's voice called from the distance and the little girl giggled, said her goodbyes, and then left.

The blind man kept the money the girl had given him in his hand as he stood up, grabbing his guitar and slinging it across his back. He felt his way along the wall and into the store, counting the steps until he was at the counter.

“Hey Jonghun, how much did you make today?” the nice old lady at the counter asked him.

“It seems like a lot, Ahjumma. Can you please tell me how much this is?” she asked, fishing the money out of his pocket.

After a few moments, the woman counted the money. “Pretty good, that's 200,000.”

“What about this?” he asked, handing the money that the little girl had handed him over. “A little girl said her father comes here every day to listen to me play..she said he gave up eating for a week to be able to give me this...”

“A week?” the old lady asked, counting the money. “This is only 5000...”