Chapter 2

Ps. I'm a girl.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You exited the ambulance and the paramedics quickly pull the bed trolley (with Minhyun on) out of the car, into the emergency room. You were about to follow them when the nurse from before stopped you, “Miss, you are injured too, please follow me, I need to heal you.”

“No. It is okay, I am fine.” You muttered as you headed towards where the brought Minhyun to.

“I'm sorry miss, you must follow me.”       

“This way.” She pointed the opposite where you headed. You rolled your eyes and limped the way she pointed. She went ahead to help you but you swung her hand away, “I can walk myself.” You hissed and continued limping, she flinched a bit and walk beside you.

She brought you into a room with lots of medications. You cringed your nose at the smell of the medicines. You then sat on the bed as she kneeled down and rolled your jeans up to take a good look at your wound.

“You got a bullet inside there!” She exclaimed and look at your in amuse, “How did you endure the pain?”

You shrugged and look away.

She sighed and sterilized the tweezers and disinfected the wound, “Okay… I’m not going to lie… this will hurt. I have to take out the bullet. So it’s best that you brace yourself.”

You looked down at her and nodded before turning your face away, your eyes closed tightly. Your hands gripped tightly onto the bed sheets as you waited for the pain to come.

It was pain that you had never felt before. It shot up strong up your leg and your whole body reacted to it. You bite your lip to restrain yourself from screaming. Your grip on the bed sheet tightened immensely as you felt pressure against the wound. You slowly opened your eyes. The nurse was holding a small towel against the wound, the bullet and the tweezers she had used to extract it was lying on the table beside you.

“We have to wait for the bleeding to stop some before we can patch it up… you’ve lost a lot of blood already. And thank goodness the bullet did not reach your bone…” She said.

You sighed lightly, relieved that the pain wasn’t as strong as before.

 

--

 

The nurse left you outside the emergency room, which your brother was in. Oppa, I can’t lose you, please be alright…

After a few minutes, you sense someone running towards you, you looked up and it was Key. He stopped right in front of you, panting. “Minhyun… How was… Minhyun…?”

Tears start to form again, “Oppa… he…” your lips were trembling. You close your eyes and force the tears back, “He got shot.”

“What?! How did he?!” Key’s eyes widened.

“He must have followed me to that place. When you reach my home he is not there already right?” You look straight into his eyes, “It was my boss… he wanted to kill me,” you clenched your hand into a fist and continued, “If anything happens to oppa, I’m definitely going to kill him…”

Key avoided eye contact and kept quiet.

You knew he felt bad for not reaching on time to stop your brother, you wanted to comfort him but you didn’t know how to. You were so confused now… what if your brother dies? What will you do? You can’t even bear to imagine your life without him.

Just then, a doctor came out from the emergency room. You quickly stood up and limp towards him, Key followed.

“Doctor, how was it?”

The doctor took off his mask; he gave you a very grief expression, “Sorry, we did our best… he isn’t dead yet… but he will soon…”

Your face fell and shoulder deflated. He looked at Key and you then continued, “the bullet had, unfortunately, punctured his lungs, which caused internal bleeding. Not to mention, he had lost a lot of blood as well...”

“You can use my blood, we are sibli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter