Chapter 25

Ps. I'm a girl.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo and you walked back to the dorm hand in hand, you were initially reluctant to let him hold your hand as you were afraid that other people might see a get the wrong idea. Thank goodness there were not many people heading the way to the dorm since it’s already long after school hours, the students were already scattered around the school’s neighborhood with their own business.

Myungsoo’s hands are so warm enveloping yours in his, so warm that it kind of burns you a bit. You also noticed the way he walked beside you; he was kind of limping like he has no strength to bring his body to walk. When you two reach the dorm, Myungsoo fell onto the ground as soon as the door of your room opened.

You gasped as your eyes widened in shock.

“M-myungsoo…” With your hand still in his, you tried to pull him up however to no avail. You then touched his face to see if he is still conscious in any way, but gasped louder when you felt his burning hot temperature.

His is having a fever.

You concluded that it must be the weather and also his lack of rest which caused his fever.
Somehow you felt that you were partly at fault of his lack of rest.

Shaking your head to prevent yourself from thinking too much, you looked out of your dorm to see if there are any students passing that could help you, but sighed when there were none. You went around Myungsoo to get into the dorm, squat down and get his arm over your shoulder while holding his waist with your free hand, you tried to carry him up, and managed to lift him half way but not fully, you dragged him into the dorm just enough for you the close the door.

Huffing, you tried your best to lift him up with the same position you used. After what seem like forever, you finally managed to drag Myungsoo up to the bed. Wiping the sweat forming on your forehead, you pull the cover over to keep him warm.

Rushing to the kitchen you took an ice pack, checking the fridge to see if there are any ingredients left to make food, however you frowned when it was completely empty. Taking a mental note to drop down the super market later, you place the ice pack on Myungsoo’s forehead. He stirred in his sleep as his eyebrows are ceased tightly together as if having a nightmare. Patting his arm to calm him down, you looked at how his frown subsided and continued to sleep peacefully.

You were getting ready to go out for groceries. When you heard Myungsoo muttering something, you went nearer to Myungsoo, your eyes widened when you heard him mumbling for Naeun. You felt your heart sank and your stomach stirred in an uncomfortable way, you didn’t know what happened to you but you definitely didn’t like this feeling.

Gulping, you turned away as you got out of the dorm; you tried hard to stop the unbearable feeling inside you. Walking fast with your head down, you bumped into someone as you were about to make a turn into the super market, stepping one step back you bowed while you mumbled a sorry.

“Minhyun?” The familiar voice said.

You raised your head and saw that it was Baekhyun.

“Oh? Why are you here?” You asked, still dazed.

He showed you the white plastic bag in his hand, “There’s a new okonomiyaki stall further down the street.” He turned to point at the street further down then turned back, “everybody in school have been talking about it, so I gave it a try.” He explained while rubbing the back of his neck.

You nodded.

“Are you okay? You look…” He asked and paused to take a good look at you as he noticed your dazed face.

“I-I’m okay.” You stuttered while flipping your fringe out of your face.

Not waiting for him to finish his sentence, you went into the shop while grabbing a basket in the entrance. Baekhyun followed behind you.

“Why are you buying stuffs alone again? Where’s Myungsoo?” Baekhyun asked, slightly upset that Myungsoo always let you buy the groceries.

“Is he bullying you?” He asked again.

With the mention of Myungsoo, your stomach started churning in an uncomfortable way again. Pushing the bad thoughts back again, picked up a broccoli.

“Myungsoo is sick, he is in the dorm resting now and no, he did not bully me.” You replied as you were comparing the price of the broccolis.

“Why are you still here?” You asked, sounding harsh but Baekhyun didn’t mind, he has already gotten used to it.

“You knew I wouldn’t leave you here alone so why ask.” He grinned and his free hand into his pocket.

You took a glance at him and scoffed.

“Cheesy.” You said and left for the dairy products.

“Only for you~” He teased.

You two were queuing to make payment, the queue is pretty long since it is in the evening, and citizens living around the neighbourhood also visit this market for groceries. Baekhyun was going on and on about his plan on next Friday, which is his birthday, he said he wanted to bring his best friends along and asked for your permission, you just nodded, not that you mind, in fact you are curious of what kind of person will Baekhyun’s friends be since he is so talkative.

The two of you walked to the dorm building together, Baekhyun offered to carry some of them to your dorm, though you said you can handle them yourself, he insisted.

Baekhyun was telling you some funny stuff he came across in the US, you laughed at some parts, and just stay quiet at the rest of the parts, nodding at some point.

Finally reaching your dorm, you see Hoya and Sunggyu outside the door using their phones.

The two of them raised their head at the same time to look at you and Baekhyun who were walking towards them.

“Minhyun!” Sunggyu exclaimed a bit too loudly, perhaps too excited to see you.

He was smiling at you and bowed politely as acknowledgement when his eyes landed on Baekhyun who was beside you, Hoya followed what the elder one did. Baekhyun smiled and bowed in return too.

“What’s wrong Sunggyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter