Chapter 2

The Story of The First Guard

Joshua was still browsing the market district to see what he could find for the twins when Kris informed him that he was needed and was to get the other members of the guard. He let out a sigh before going to do so, knowing if he didn't, someone would come get him anyway. He went in the direction that Chan and Mingyu were at, knowing that Jeonghan and Sungcheol were already somewhere near the palace.

"Chan, Mingyu," called Joshua when he spotted them leaving the butchers with Hoshi. "Hey hyung," said Chan. "What's up?" He asked. "We're needed at the palace," said Joshua. "I think Jeonghan and Sungcheol are already there so we need to go," he said. "They are, they're waiting on you," came Kris's voice. "Okay, they're there already, we should go before they send someone for us," said Joshua. Chan and Mingyu nod, heading back to the apartment to throw that night's dinner in the freezer before heading to the palace with Joshua and Hoshi.

"Good hunt today?" Asked Joshua as he walked to the palace. "Yeah," said Chan as he looked proud. "Found a big buck today, it took a few arrows and Mingyu finally pouncing on it to bring it down," he said. "Hoshi had to chase it towards Mingyu," he said. "I see," said Joshua. "It was difficult," said Mingyu as he scratched the back of his head. "But you managed right?" Asked Joshua. "Yeah," said Chan.

When they got to the palace Jeonghan was standing at the entrance waiting on them. "Is it that important?" Asked Joshua. "Important as in we might get sent out of the capitol, again," he said. Joshua sighed. "Alright," he said. They headed into the palace, going to the throne room.

"Now that everyone is here," said the queen as Joshua and the others entered the throne room where Sungcheol was already waiting on them. "Sorry your highness, I needed to make sure the twins were in daycare," said Joshua. "We just returned from a hunt," said Chan. "I see," said the queen. "I brought you here so we could discuss something on the eastern side of the kingdom," she said. "There has been rumors of an uprising suddenly popping up and I want you to find out the cause of it and get rid of it," she said.

"East? Isn't that where-" Started Chan before he was interrupted. "We'll go," said Sungcheol. Joshua schooled his face to be blank as he nodded. "We'll go," he said. Kris had been warning him of something big happening, and they might as well head there now to get rid of the problem before it escalated even further.

"Can you send someone for the twins after daycare is let out?" Asked Joshua. "I will," said the queen. "I'm sorry to suddenly all of you into the field like this but we're on the verge of another civil war," she said. Joshua nodded. "We'll take care of it," he said. "Dismissed," said the queen. Everyone turned and left the throne room.

"Hyung," said Chan. "Do you know what going east will do to everyone?" He asked. "That's where-" he started before getting interrupted again. "Shut up Chan," said Joshua as he turned to the youngest in the guard. "I know, okay?" He asked. "We all know where they went but I am hoping they aren't the cause of this damn revolt or whatever," he said. "We're going," said Sungcheol. "We need to get ready, meet at the eastern gates in an hour," he said. Everyone nodded and went to get ready.

"Rose," called Joshua and Sungcheol as they entered the apartment. "We've been called out," said Sungcheol once Rose met them in the livingroom. "We're going east," he explained. "And the twins?" Asked Rose. "We have someone going to get them," said Joshua. "Be careful okay?" Asked Rose. "We will," said Joshua as he went over and hugged her. "I hope that this isn't Sungjin's friends causing this," he said. "I hope so too," said Rose. Joshua and Sungcheol then went to pack.

"Screw this man," said Sungcheol as he walked with Joshua to the gates. "I know," said Joshua. "I hope it's not them," he said. "What has Kris said about this?" Asked Sungcheol. "Only to be careful, there's more at stake than this," said Joshua. "We're always careful," said Jeonghan as he met them at the gates. Chan, Hoshi and Mingyu arrived a few minutes later with Chan keeping his crossbow slung over his shoulder and a small bag slung over his other shoulder. Mingyu wasn't carrying anything, which was expected if he needed to change quickly.

"Ready?" Asked Joshua. "Ready," said everyone. "Let's go then," said Joshua as he summoned his orb. "Lead the way," he said to it, watching as it darted forward. Everyone soon followed after it, going at a fast pace towards the eastern side of the kingdom.

A few hours later everyone found themselves stopping to rest, setting up a camp just off the path. Chan brought out the steaks he had gotten from the last hunt while Joshua went to start a fire with what firewood Sungcheol and Jeonghan could find. Mingyu was left to set up camp since he wasn't carrying anything and was fine with setting things up by himself.

"You're awfully quiet about this," said Mingyu as he sat beside Joshua once he was done setting up camp. "What more is there to say?" Asked Joshua as he stared into the fire. "If it is them causing the problem then what do we do?" Asked Chan as he went to check on the steaks.

"Do what we were trained to do," said Joshua. "Don't you remember? Our teamwork is on par with theirs, we will find a way to defeat it," he said. "Not when there's Wonpil's pack to deal with," said Mingyu. "We'll work through it," said Sungcheol. "We always do," he said. Jeonghan hummed, nodding in agreement. "Alright," said Chan. "We'll deal with it when the time comes then," he said. "Like we always do," said Joshua as he looked away from the fire, leaning back on his hands with a sigh.