Chapter 10

The Story of The First Guard

Joshua found himself being chased again, this time by three different wolf 'shifters as he dodged their oncoming attacks. He needed to buy some time, Kris was sure of it this time, where the others were. Hoshi stayed out of this fight at Joshua's command, albeit reluctantly.

Little did they know, Joshua was well aware of where the others were. He had made a plan with Mingyu, that if they were ever captured that he was supposed to relay information to Kris. He knew what they were doing, but was saddened that Sungcheol had lost half his finger. No matter, he had to let them lead him on this wild goose chase.

"Come and get me dogs!" Shouted Joshua as he turned to face them. "You don't scare me," he said, waving his arms around in a circle before launching a spiral of fire at them. "Just a little longer," said Kris. "They're releasing them soon," he said. Joshua hummed as he dived out of the way of an oncoming wolf.

"Thanks Minhyuk," said Joshua as the other wolves quickly converged on him. "Thanks for doing this," he said as the three wolves attacked.

 

~



Mingyu's head snapped up as he heard some sort of commotion upstairs. The plan was set into motion then, he needed to prepare. "Chan," he said suddenly. "You ready?" He asked. "I am," said Chan as he held up his released restraints. "We need to be quick," said Mingyu as he quickly went to untie the restraints from Sungcheol and Jeonghan.

"We're going to need you to be at whatever strength you can muster up," said Mingyu as he finished untying them. "Can you do that?" He asked. Sungcheol nodded. "We'll try," he said. "Good, because we're busting out of here, immediately," he said. "Are you sure this will work?" Asked Jeonghan. "Trust me," said Mingyu as he summoned a temporary orb, much to the others surprise. "We got this," he said.

Kris suddenly appeared outside the cage, kicking the door down. "Ready?" He asked. "We're ready," said Mingyu. "You have 10 minutes, I'll provide a big distraction," said Kris. "Alright, let's go," said Mingyu as he rushed out with the others close behind him. Mingyu led them to where their gear was stored and Jeonghan and Sungcheol readied their swords while Chan prepared his crossbow.

"We have 5 minutes to escape," said Mingyu. "Ready?" He asked, turning to the others. Everyone nodded. "Let's do this," said Mingyu as he changed, stretching. He then led them out of the building, going as fast as they could to where Joshua was located as explosions were heard behind them.

 

~



Joshua stood with Minhyuk who snarled at Shownu and Kihyun. "Stay back Hoshi," he called as the dog moved forward. "This is our fight," he said, summoning his orb and hopping onto Minhyuk's back. "Let's do this," he said, urging Minhyuk forward to run away from the other two. They had to get out of this. "Hoshi! Go find Chan!" He shouted over the howls of the two other wolves. With that final command Minhyuk pushed himself forward, hoping to outrun his two packmates. "Follow the orb," said Joshua. "We'll meet up with the others," he said. Minhyuk nodded his head and let the orb lead them to the others.
 

~



Mingyu was suddenly tackled into a tree, Wonpil's polar bear form slamming into him. Mingyu bit at Wonpil, snarling and scratching at him and causing Wonpil to move back. Brian, Dowoon and Jae showed up not long afterwards. "Thought you could get away huh?" Asked Brian. Mingyu slightly limped his way over to the others, biding their time until Joshua showed up. Hoshi soon showed up, barking at the enemy. "Looks like we got someone else in the fray," said Brian as he turned to Hoshi. "Hoshi," said Chan. "Be careful," he called.

"No worries," said Joshua as he appeared with Minhyuk, Kihyun and Shonwu not far behind them. "We got this," he said. "You guys ready?" He called. "Let's do this one last fight eh?" He asked, turning to Brian and Wonpil. "Let's do it," said Brian as he hopped onto Wonpil's back. Wonpil roared, before launching himself forward and attacking Minhyuk head on. "Careful Minhyuk," said Joshua as he maneuvered Minhyuk around, avoiding all attacks. Jae, Sungcheol and Jeonghan faced off while Minhyu and Chan faced off against Dowoon and Kihyun in a long range fight.

"Were you actually aware of this or were you not?" Asked Brian "Of what? the fact that you were torturing my friends in the basement of my saviors house? of course," said Joshua as Minhyuk dodged a swipe from Wonpil. "I am also aware of Sungjin being back," he said. "At least, temporarily," he added as he sent a fire tornado towards Brian and Wonpil. "Besides, you really think we'd go down this easy?" He asked as Kris, in his dragon form appeared and roared, swiping at Brian and Wonpil, knocking them away. Kris then went to knock the others away, standing in front of Joshua and the others.

"How the hell?" Asked Brian as the others slowly backed away. "I told you," said Joshua. "You can't take us down that easy," he said. "Not when I have this," he said. "Now, I suggest you leave," he said. "Unless you want to face the wrath of a pissed off god," he said. Wonpil was the first one to back away, despite Brian's protests and then Jae and Dowoon backed away, Dowoon on Kihyun's back, with Shownu going to them.

"I don't want to see you pop up in this side of the kingdom again," said Joshua. "I'm letting you go, for now," he said. "We're all tired of the fighting, even Sungjin is," he said. "If we see you again, you can guarantee we're finishing this," said Brian. "Definitely, now go," said Joshua. Wonpil growled before leaving with the others following after him.

Joshua let out a relieved breath as Minhyuk collapsed, whimpering slightly. "I didn't think that would actually work," said Joshua as he turned to Kris. "Thank you, Kris," he said. Kris nodded before fading away, going back to the orb.

"You two have a lot of explaining to do," said Sungcheol as he turned to Mingyu then Joshua as he slid off Minhyuk's back. "Oh trust me, I know," said Joshua as he sighed.