Chapter 6

The Story of The First Guard

It didn't take long for Sungcheol to break, Jae knew exactly what to say to push his buttons. Brian had broken Chan just as easily, the trick had been threatening to harm the others.

Chan was thrown into the room after a torture session, having been forced to sit submerged in water until he almost passed out. He shivered, wrapping his arms around himself. He refused to utter a sound though, wanting to stay strong for the others. If he broke now, the others would break with him.

Mingyu crawled over to Chan, bringing him into a hug to bring some comfort and warm him up. "I'm sorry," said Chan. "I tried," he said. "I know," mumbled Mingyu. Sungcheol was still gone and Jeonghan refused to move from his spot. "We have to survive this alright?" Asked Mingyu. "I don't know how much more fight I have left in me," mumbled Chan. "We can do this, for Joshua's sake," said Mingyu. Chan nodded.

 

~



Joshua tried not to get too comfortable in N's home, as he was soon up and walking to explore the property with Hoshi. N had warned him to not wander too far in case he got lost. A friend was coming to check on him, and Joshua was grateful to get the help. He wasn't sure what part of him was really injured but the sooner he was healed the sooner he could go try and find out where the rest of his friends were.

Joshua had his orb summoned, having it float in front of him as he tried to figure out why it was so silent in his mind. "I wonder why it's been so silent?" He asked before looking down at Hoshi who was sitting beside him.

"You alright Joshua?" Asked N as he walked over, eyeing the orb. "I'm fine," said Joshua, letting the orb move to float behind his shoulder. "How do you know my name again?" He asked, turning to N. "It was on your pocketwatch," said N. "It fell out of your pocket when I picked you up to bring you into the house," he said. "I see," said Joshua.

"Ah, you're just standing around?" Came a new voice, causing N and Joshua to turn to the new voice. "Hello Hyuk," said N. "I was told to come by and check on someone?" Asked Hyuk. "That would be Joshua here," said N as he gestured to Joshua.

"You're a medic?" Asked Joshua. "I can use healing magic," Hyuk said, shrugging. "I'm known in the area as a medic though," he said. "I see," said Joshua. "Do you mind if I take a look?" Asked Hyuk. "Sure," said Joshua. "I have some errands to run," said N. "So afterwards Hyuk will take you to me if I'm not back by then," he said. "Alright," said Joshua. "Shall we then?" Asked Hyuk. Joshua nodded and headed back into the house with Hoshi following after him.

Hyuk turned to N. "I hope this works out in the end," he said. "It will," said N. Hyuk nodded and headed into the house. N shook his head and headed off, going to run some errands.

 

~



N walked into the room where Sungcheol was chained to the wall. His entire body was covered in blood, scars littering the entire front of his body. "How's breaking him going?" He asked. "Not very well," said Jae as he sharpened his knives. "Screw off," spat Sungcheol. "It's Jeonghan next," said Jae as he examined his knives. "Maybe once we start tearing into him Sungcheol might break," he said. N hummed in response, turning to Sungcheol.

"Why don't we turn it up?" Asked Sungjin as he walked into the room. "Do what they were doing with Dino, but this time we should up the ante with alcohol," he said. "Oooh, good idea," said Jae as he smirked. "I'll leave you to it then," said N. "I have some errands to run," he said.

"I wonder if Joshua will ever figure it out?" Asked Jae. "Doubtful," said N. "This part of the house is really hidden," he said before leaving the room.

 

~



"Well," said Hyuk as he moved away from Joshua. "You should be good now," he said. "Thank you," said Joshua. "I feel a lot better now," he said. "Let me know if there's anything else you need," said Hyuk. "I'm fine," said Joshua. "Well, let's go see N then," said Hyuk as he stood, helping Joshua stand. They left the house after Joshua made sure he had his pocketwatch, Hoshi following after them.

"Your dog is very loyal to you," said Hyuk. "Hoshi's not my dog," said Joshua. "But his master gave him the command to keep an eye on me," he said. "I see," said Hyuk. "Well," he said. "Welcome to town," he said as they reached a small town. "If I know what N's doing, he's probably getting groceries," he said. "Let's go see if he's around then," he said.

They walked around for a little while, spotting N after a few minutes. "Oh, hey guys, all done?" Asked N. "Yeah," said Joshua. "It didn't take much to heal him," said Hyuk. "Nice, nice," said N. "I'm getting some ingredients for dinner, help me carry these back?" He asked. "Sure," said Joshua as he took the bags. They headed back to the house with Joshua and Hyuk carrying some bags.

"I'll go now," said Hyuk when they got home. "Thanks for stopping by," said N. "No problem," said Hyuk. "I'll see you later then," said Hyuk before he left.

 

~



Hyuk walked into the room where Jae was with Sungcheol, carrying a bottle of rubbing alcohol. "Ah, just the man!" Said Jae. "Sorry, had to check on good old Josh," said Hyuk as he smirked. "You leave Joshua alone," spat Sungcheol.

"A feisty one eh?" Asked Hyuk as he turned to Sungcheol. "He's been cursing me to hell and back since I started trying to break him," said Jae as he walked over with a knife. "Have you tried salt and ice?" Asked Hyuk. "Not yet, but I'll ask Wonpil to give me some ice next time," said Jae.

"Any new wounds I need to heal to just scars?" Asked Hyuk. "No, but we need to proceed with the alcohol," said Jae. "Got it," said Hyuk as he opened the bottle. "Let's get started eh?" Asked Jae as he opened some old scars and letting them start to bleed a little. Hyuk started pouring the alcohol onto the wounds, and Sungcheol had to refrain from yelling in pain.

"This would be easier to just break you know, we don't want to keep doing this," said Jae. "You won't break me," spat Sungcheol. "Have it your way then, bring in Dino," called Jae. "No!" Shouted Sungcheol.